Sisters 2024?

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 09 May 2024, 11:32
Depprocksfarfar wrote: 09 May 2024, 10:57
Pista wrote: 08 May 2024, 15:18 Now there's a shiny new 2024 board I've moved all the existing 2024 threads in.
Feel free to start new threads to the N America shows & when I get a moment I'll start a few up too :)
I did my bit and listed 10 of them! I feel your pain.
... :lol: ... yeah, I did some too, but only few. Full list in the wiki, so ... gotta link them to yours ... later today, if nobody else does ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Current_events# ... _TOUR_2024
+ 11 more and that's that! Puuh! So now you can focus on the (VERY impressive) wiki instead. Teamwork! :D
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

As you long time Forum fans know it had been around 15 years since they toured the US. Sooo this was a super shock to me.

Why 2 years in a row? My money is on getting more tour in before the US degenerates farther and goes into full scale Civil War again.

At least Guns and Roses already wrote the theme song.
This place is death with walls
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

D I know the long time members of this forum have way better answer on that than me. People here really know their stuff about”something more”.

I do have a thought on why return to the States in particular so soon. One they recognize a new fan base here. And want to share live experiences with them.

Personally I think the Sisters believe, and rightly so, that the US is about to descend into pure anarchy after a military coup d’etat or nose dive into a civil war. Just a thought.
Being645
Above the Chemist

@Depprocksfarfar

Yeah, done all the links now ... teamwork ... is a good thing ... :D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Planet Dave wrote: 09 May 2024, 10:17
DJElectricDaddy wrote: 08 May 2024, 22:28Looking at the set list I realize I don’t know ANY of the songs at all. Does he ever play any of the old stuff?
Alice, Temple, occasionally summat else. A few years back they went through a small phase of playing more than a few numbers from 84-85 per gig but thankfully they got over that. As for not knowing any of the current setlist, YT or the sharing section on here are your friend. Plenty of threads on the forums addressing the 'best quality recent live recording' question. Maybe an idea to check some of those out? I can highly recommend listening to the tracks in this playlist for a decent enough heads-up...

Hope you get tickets and hope you have a great time :D as @abridged says, go with an open mind and you should be fine.
Those YouTube bootlegs are absolute s**t. I steer well clear. Went back and watched a few last night to acquaint myself with new materials. What a waste of time. Some tosser waving his cell phone around and his ‘awesome recording rig’ picking up kick drum and a mush of distortion. Nah, I’ll pass. I guess that’s what passes for a merciful release these days. Pfft.

Got tickets. Happy to finally see them, I mean him, Don’t care for the music too much but the lyrics are great. Expectations are low, but look forward to the light show
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

abridged wrote: 09 May 2024, 08:16
They have their good days. If you expect them to sound like they did you'll be disappointed. If you go with an open mind you'll enjoy yourself. We spent quite a few years complaining that there were no new songs. Eyes of Caligula, Show Me and On the Beach in particular are great. Better Reptile I liked also. They play most of Vision Thing.
I’m expecting them to sound as bad as they do on’t Telly.

Vision Thing would be great. I have a recording of that, you can hear the vocals and everything.

I just realized I’m less of a Sisters fan than I am a Merciful Release fan I think.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 10 May 2024, 03:36 Those YouTube bootlegs are absolute s**t. I steer well clear. Went back and watched a few last night to acquaint myself with new materials. What a waste of time. Some tosser waving his cell phone around and his ‘awesome recording rig’ picking up kick drum and a mush of distortion. Nah, I’ll pass. I guess that’s what passes for a merciful release these days. Pfft.

Got tickets. Happy to finally see them, I mean him, Don’t care for the music too much but the lyrics are great. Expectations are low, but look forward to the light show

A fellow heartlander named Tobias Forsner did some pretty solid and extremely faithful studio covers of the new material if you want to give it a listen in a better enviroment. Tobias' voice obviously isn't Eldritch's but he still is a good singer, and has strong baritone voice of his own. You can find it on spotify or youtube under 'Some Kind of Demos' i recommend giving them a listen, they are more likely than not the only way we will hear professional recordings of these songs :lol:
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
sharedgum
Road Kill

So when I saw the Sisters of Mercy in Maryland last year (Washington, D.C. area), I was not too pleased with the mix, namely, not being able to hear AE, as noted by other concert goers for this and other shows, Regardless, I still had fun reminiscing and hanging out with a friend at that show.

But this is what I am surprised by regardless of the mix and other issues - the time to hit the big venues in the US was last year, not this year! They are playing the Radio City Music Hall in New York and at an opera house in Baltimore, for example. Last year was their first US tour following the lockdown, and that's when everyone was most enthusiastic about seeing them. Like for example, when the Mars Volta (if anyone is familiar with them) toured for the first time post-lockdown, they hit the big venues, but the follow-up tour hit the smaller clubs more similar to the places that they would typically be playing pre-Covid. The Sisters tickets went on sale to the general public this morning, and there does not seem to be a huge rush to get them. Usually, a decent number of tickets is sold on that very first day. There is so much availability in NYC, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. Despite my issues with the "presentation" last year, I will still probably end up going to the Baltimore show, but I will hold off on getting the tickets for now.
satanarchist
Road Kill

rivum wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:04
satanarchist wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:53 Hope it's a different (enough) setlist than the last one I saw twice.
when was the last time there was a substantial change?
I like the new songs, I just would like more than FALAA and Marian off one of the greatest records ever recorded. Would prefer if VT was ignored instead.
ruffers
Overbomber

I tend to just buy tickets for shows here without looking at the price too much but trying to price up a trip to America the prices for tickets there sure ain't cheap..

Where's cheapest?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
H. Blackrose

You see, all the performative declarations of low expectations, complaining about how it's not like it was in 1985 or even 1991, apparently sincere questions about "why no bass player", "why no new album", "why no That Guitarist/Patsy Morrison", "why not just play FALAA in its entireity.", comments like "I hate Andrew Eldritch and the Sisters have sucked for 33 years at least but I'm still going to go and complain about the cost, the venue, the mix, Von's voice, the band lineup, Von's bald head"... this is why I dread every new Sisters tour and wonder whether Von shouldn't just retire with some of his legend intact.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
sharedgum
Road Kill

ruffers wrote: 11 May 2024, 01:05 I tend to just buy tickets for shows here without looking at the price too much but trying to price up a trip to America the prices for tickets there sure ain't cheap..

Where's cheapest?
Are you looking on resale sites like Stubhub, because tickets will be high on there right now? Not sure if it's the cheapest of all dates, but Philadelphia has seats for $25 plus fees on ticketm***** this week as a part of a promotion. Most venues seem to have their cheapest seats for $50 + fees on TM. But the best seats up front indeed run for a lot more than that ($200 or so). I have a feeling that if the demand remains not too high, they will get cheaper on those resale sites the week before the tour. But I also get that you don't want to travel to a show on another continent and arrange for your travel and accommodations counting on that happening without securing your tickets first.
Fallon
Road Kill

sharedgum wrote: 10 May 2024, 19:53 So when I saw the Sisters of Mercy in Maryland last year (Washington, D.C. area), I was not too pleased with the mix, namely, not being able to hear AE, as noted by other concert goers for this and other shows, Regardless, I still had fun reminiscing and hanging out with a friend at that show.

But this is what I am surprised by regardless of the mix and other issues - the time to hit the big venues in the US was last year, not this year! They are playing the Radio City Music Hall in New York and at an opera house in Baltimore, for example. Last year was their first US tour following the lockdown, and that's when everyone was most enthusiastic about seeing them. Like for example, when the Mars Volta (if anyone is familiar with them) toured for the first time post-lockdown, they hit the big venues, but the follow-up tour hit the smaller clubs more similar to the places that they would typically be playing pre-Covid. The Sisters tickets went on sale to the general public this morning, and there does not seem to be a huge rush to get them. Usually, a decent number of tickets is sold on that very first day. There is so much availability in NYC, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. Despite my issues with the "presentation" last year, I will still probably end up going to the Baltimore show, but I will hold off on getting the tickets for now.
It's not as if the band makes these decisions on the basis you're ascribing though.

Tour promoters in the US think they can get enough tickets sold to cover the cost of these venues. They offer a deal to the band. The band says yes. Not the other way round.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I stay near Glasgow and assumed I could get a direct flight to New York.... but no. I would have to change at Dublin.
Not an issue for most people. But my legs don't work properly, meaning attempting that journey alone, even with airport assistance, would be ridiculously stressful. I would also need to upgrade to Business Class for more legroom.....not cheap!!
In addition, I really need to stay as close to venue as possible.....not cheap!!
I have spent hours debating, but have very reluctantly come to conclusion there will be no Sisters in USA for me :(
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:30 I stay near Glasgow and assumed I could get a direct flight to New York.... but no. I would have to change at Dublin.
Not an issue for most people. But my legs don't work properly, meaning attempting that journey alone, even with airport assistance, would be ridiculously stressful. I would also need to upgrade to Business Class for more legroom.....not cheap!!
In addition, I really need to stay as close to venue as possible.....not cheap!!
I have spent hours debating, but have very reluctantly come to conclusion there will be no Sisters in USA for me :(
Nor us mate, barely-above=minimum-wage jobs don't allow for things like flights and hotels in New York or LA or wherever, not to mention the risk of cancellation. I can't even convince myself that the expense and organisation required to get to Munich or Madrid for a Metallica show is worth the risk. Still hoping for a UK date or two in November, but what will be will be. Sooner or later we'll be parked up in the Enterprise once again :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Gothicbiff

Planet Dave wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:57
Gothicbiff wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:30 I stay near Glasgow and assumed I could get a direct flight to New York.... but no. I would have to change at Dublin.
Nor us mate, barely-above=minimum-wage jobs don't allow for things like flights and hotels in New York or LA or wherever, not to mention the risk of cancellation. I can't even convince myself that the expense and organisation required to get to Munich or Madrid for a Metallica show is worth the risk. Still hoping for a UK date or two in November, but what will be will be. Sooner or later we'll be parked up in the Enterprise once again :D
The Enterprise.....fingers crossed for that! :von:
Gothicbiff

ruffers wrote: 11 May 2024, 01:05 I tend to just buy tickets for shows here without looking at the price too much but trying to price up a trip to America the prices for tickets there sure ain't cheap..

Where's cheapest?
Hope you make it to somewhere in America Paul!
sharedgum
Road Kill

Fallon wrote: 12 May 2024, 04:46
sharedgum wrote: 10 May 2024, 19:53 So when I saw the Sisters of Mercy in Maryland last year (Washington, D.C. area), I was not too pleased with the mix, namely, not being able to hear AE, as noted by other concert goers for this and other shows, Regardless, I still had fun reminiscing and hanging out with a friend at that show.

It's not as if the band makes these decisions on the basis you're ascribing though.

Tour promoters in the US think they can get enough tickets sold to cover the cost of these venues. They offer a deal to the band. The band says yes. Not the other way round.
You may be correct, and I am not sure that I understand the order in which these things happen and who is responsible for what, but I am still a bit surprised that this is how things ultimately unfolded. Who knows, maybe there will be some huge marketing push or additional promotions to move these tickets.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Funny. It was all so easy last year ... :wink: ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

. Sooner or later we'll be parked up in the Enterprise once again :D
I'll be very surprised if we are not outside The Enterprise for a couple of nights in mid September in 2025.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ribbons69 wrote: 12 May 2024, 23:30
. Sooner or later we'll be parked up in the Enterprise once again :D
I'll be very surprised if we are not outside The Enterprise for a couple of nights in mid September in 2025.
I agree. Sometime around the 3rd weekend would be ideal. Saying that, last time the early hours of the morning were a tad on the chilly side so we'll go for the middle as suggested. Yes we are talking to YOU Avacado Eldritch! :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

:lol:
Planet Dave wrote: 06 May 2024, 15:32
merrisl wrote: 06 May 2024, 15:02 Amazingly we were already going to be in NYC on Sept 20th !!!!
Merrisl + Mrs Merrisl for the Roll Call when we get a new thread :eek: :D :D :D
Come off it mate we all know you booked the gig! Nice work soldier :lol: 8) :notworthy: must admit I've always hankered after seeing them play Radio City, for no apparent reason but hey.

Awesome for the US, good job getting giddy in advance and anticipation folks :D
Come on Dave. We know why you have the hankering. The Radio City Rockets. :lol:
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Gothicbiff wrote: 12 May 2024, 21:34

Where's cheapest?
Hope you make it to somewhere in America Paul!
Denver and Phoenix are close to sold out. General Admission. Lean on some friends in the US for a place to stay. Southwest everyone drives cars cause they have to. Share a hotel room. And hope the American isn’t a sociopath. :wink:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Incoming! wrote: 09 May 2024, 22:22 D I know the long time members of this forum have way better answer on that than me. People here really know their stuff about”something more”.

I do have a thought on why return to the States in particular so soon. One they recognize a new fan base here. And want to share live experiences with them.

Personally I think the Sisters believe, and rightly so, that the US is about to descend into pure anarchy after a military coup d’etat or nose dive into a civil war. Just a thought.
We got told during the US tour it was being planned, and during the UK tour it was on. There are a variety £££ of reasons, but the romantic part of me still believes that the timing is part of the electoral cycle.

There is no way I am planning for the USA until we get through June scar free.
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Pista wrote: 08 May 2024, 15:18 Now there's a shiny new 2024 board I've moved all the existing 2024 threads in.
Feel free to start new threads to the N America shows & when I get a moment I'll start a few up too :)
Cheers mate, you can see why I was prodding now 😀
Goths have feelings too