Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
tower
Road Kill

cardoman wrote:
dtsom wrote:TAKEN FROM POISON-DOOR FORUM

Anyone can read the written notes?
yeah its my setlist. the notes were just lighting colours for each song.
Chillburnout
Road Kill

:roll: would say on the right is sth more tahn about the colours...maybe about the wheather...rain from heaven
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Morale Vampire wrote:What are the chances of Corrosion being played tomorrow, it's the main reason my wife is coming and to quote her "failure is not an option"
Oh dear. My girlfriend's Sisters song of choice also :lol: . The fact that this was the best Sisters show both of us have seen yet softened the blow.

I wonder if Rain From Heaven's inclusion was prompted by recent developments in the Mish camp. I'm not complaining either way.
James Blast
Banned

bismarck wrote:
miprs4 wrote: Does anybody read the thread ? ;-)
Thanks -- for some reason it wasn't there last time I checked. Off to watch now.
FACT! I was looking for it all afternoon, it's up there now

and get it up ye tae thay cocks doing the hand arm dance, yer only slightly mair human than thay evil dicks wi thi standing on somewan's shoulders/building a pyramid types :evil:

a band is playing, you are no part of the act, COCK! :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Chillburnout wrote::roll: would say on the right is sth more tahn about the colours...maybe about the wheather...rain from heaven
can I have that in English, please?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MissionMasque
Road Kill

Thanks for posting up all the video and photo clips, I got a few bits but nowhere as good as those posted up.

I was about 3 back from the front on the right, so a good view as always from there and as we mentioned sound always good at the Assembley.

Really enjoyed it. Here's to the next UK show (when that will be?).
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

cardoman wrote:

yes! :lol:

left hand side you have the colours of the lights so to see
red, /yell * yellow
green
blue
purple
orange
what's mag? is not sure

right hand notes are still some colours
red/yellow
instructions...as usual & ... slow slow
medium jangles
eggs *fucs* or something...
in & out
Doc/Ben Doc/Chris
long build
Doc/Von
million points

lovely notes

:wink:
Last edited by MadameButterfly on 04 Aug 2010, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Chillburnout wrote::roll: would say on the right is sth more tahn about the colours...maybe about the wheather...rain from heaven
can I have that in English, please?
pot,kettle...black?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
James Blast
Banned

Fukk off!
oh, and put a 'space' after a ',' - dig? :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Mr. Blast <<<<distracts for a moment>>>> :twisted:
that ongoing eternity
Holly_DelRey

James Blast wrote:
and get it up ye tae thay cocks doing the hand arm dance, yer only slightly mair human than thay evil dicks wi thi standing on somewan's shoulders/building a pyramid types :evil:

a band is playing, you are no part of the act, COCK! :|

Hear hear!
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
James Blast
Banned

aren't they such a pain? I mean it's not their gig, tits :evil:
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

Good job only one half of the shoulder dancing duo made it up then. Such a shame to obscure the youtube video for those who couldn't make it ;)
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Fukk off!
I will if you promise to start more sentances will capital letters.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Methedrome wrote:Yes, they refer to the lighting instructions from the lights guy.
methinks the lighting guy was in fact a girl....

Flagg
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
cardoman wrote:

yes! :lol:

left hand side you have the colours of the lights so to see
red, /yell * yellow
green
blue
purple
orange
what's mag? is not sure

right hand notes are still some colours
red/yellow
instructions...as usual & ... slow slow
medium jangles
eggs *fucs* or something...
in & out
Doc/Ben Doc/Chris
long build
Doc/Von
million points

lovely notes

:wink:
I need new glasses... Last week I thought I bought 7" damage done and it was 7" anaconda :innocent: :wink:

Tx for your intervention.
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: sorry not funny when sight is being hindered.

as long as you can still hear, i'm sure all will be fine.. oh and attitude of course! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

ribbons69 wrote:
James Blast wrote:Fukk off!
I will if you promise to start more sentances will capital letters.
better ask the Boss about that ;D
~ Peter Steele
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:Clicky
Great vid, great song... Thank you for sharing
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

miprs4 wrote:
czuczu wrote:Clicky
Great vid, great song... Thank you for sharing
To the both of you!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks very much, been amazing to watch not being there..yet.
that ongoing eternity
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

TOP NITE OUT!

Best Sisters gig I've ever seen that's for sure. Plenty of old stuff, including the excellent rendition of No Time To Cry (first time since Wake I believe).

First and Last and Always, Alice, Body Electric, Marian, Floorshow, No Time To Cry, Anaconda, Amphetamine Logic - all in the same set!!

Great banter from Eldo - great to feel like he wanted to be there as much as we did.

Rain From Heaven almost made me want to weep it was so exciting. What the video doesn't show was a the massively extended intro that started a minute or so before before they came back on stage. Kept the crowd guessing for a while and when the anticipation peaked it turned out to be something wonderful.

Von's voice good and loud from where I was standing. Knocked me back a bit when the first line of FALAA got sung, wasn't expecting that level of delivery!

Support band Ulterior were great, but I'm already into them. Not as good as when I saw them do a smaller venue as a headline band, but still really cool. For a band birthed in the very trendy East London Indie scene (from whence a few Sisters supports have come from) with no previous connection to the Goth scene they sound G****c as Fuck. To me they sound like Ian Astbury singing with James Rays Gangwar.

Girls on Speed T shirt really cool. Gonna wear that one next time I go visit my parents.

Met lots of nice folks, including catching up with plenty of Heartland types. Great to properly meet Doktor Gott, whom myself, Mrs Maisey and our friend spent a bit of quality time hanging out with afterwards.

All in all, I'm really pleased after what turned out to be an excellent show.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Randall Flagg

After a few drinks in the pub near the station (next door to the lap dancing club) we hit the pavement to see dark clouds on the horizon and above the Assembly.

As for the Assembly, what a great venue, good size, good views, good sound (more on that later). I don't know the capacity or how many were in but it looked like the touts on the pavement had taken a bath on this one with tickets, which is always nice to see!

Assumed a good position near the desk and the bar and waited for the smoke and the intro into FALAA. I'd already read the set list :oops: though had not not spotted RFH!.

The smoke was just right - filled the venue wafting back into the bar area and before too long FALAA was ringing out.

Sound was good, I'd have preferred it a bit louder but hey, Von's vocals were a bit quiet, but that's the Sisters these days. Interestingly when there was a bit of a tech glitch and Von turned into Mr Chatty his voice rang out over the venue.

The lighting seemed less impressive than I recall from previous outings but that's a minor point.

So overall great gig, definitely the best since the XX anniversary show, set list was good, I never liked NTTC on record but last night it was good. Slow BE was good, Logic superb as were the all the tracks off Floodland. Rain was a bounus, TOL however did not work for me. In contrast Top Nite Out, prefaced with an intro describing the guitarists as The Dangerous Brothers was blinding!

Although I won't get to see them again this year I'm already looking forward to the next one.

One bizarre moment from the gig, went to get a beer from the bar at the back and walked into a dead ringer for Von circa Body & Soul era. Shaggy Clifftastic aged rock star look, shades etc - I think this guy may have been the manager/owner? Anyway was an odd moment, anyone else clock him?

Flagg

p.s. oh forgot to say Crash & Burn was awesome too. They really rocked it last night - for all those of you that elected not to go but could have gone, BIG MISTAKE - you'd have loved it, and I say that as someone who first saw the girls in 85!
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

As an FYI I have a bunch of vids from the april 09 London show that sucked on my youtube channel as well if anybody wants to suffer them.
Cheers

MIP
Ghostrider

goddamn what a playlist!!
hope they do the same tomorrow in Lokeren..

ow, wait, drop train/det. & VT, and play heartland and far parade instead :D

killer setlist! great to see them rack up some more old songs!
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Brad

Mag means Magenta :)