Eldritch-isms

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Heila
Road Kill

I remember funny case at concert in Russia, Saint-Pete` 2009: There were some problems with :von: radio mic, he was irritated and said something like "bollocks to this, going to find an instrument with a cable". and right after these words we could see Chris trying to hand him his guitar. AE face at that moment was priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Heila wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 09:48 I remember funny case at concert in Russia, Saint-Pete` 2009: There were some problems with :von: radio mic, he was irritated and said something like "bollocks to this, going to find an instrument with a cable". and right after these words we could see Chris trying to hand him his guitar. AE face at that moment was priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
although it has to said that Andrew is a very competent guitarist. for years he was the only member who couuld play.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 09:26
Heila wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 09:48 I remember funny case at concert in Russia, Saint-Pete` 2009: There were some problems with :von: radio mic, he was irritated and said something like "bollocks to this, going to find an instrument with a cable". and right after these words we could see Chris trying to hand him his guitar. AE face at that moment was priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
although it has to said that Andrew is a very competent guitarist. for years he was the only member who couuld play.
I'll believe it when I see it.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

Bruhn was quite diplomatic when this community asked him:
HL: Is Eldritch actually as good a guitarist (sitting down anyway) as people seem to think?

Bruhn: When I was with the band, he could not provide an eight-minute guitar solo while lying on his back, but a rhythm guitar portion without any prancing involved was not a problem.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
eastmidswhizzkid

Andeas is an ACTUAL guiitarist. when i said that for a while eldritch was the only one who could play he wasnt up against any sort of stiff competiton :innocent:

reminds me of my fave John Lennon quote:
fan: hey john, dont you think Ringo is the best drummer in the world?
Lennon: i'm not even sure hes the best drummer in the beatles...

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:36 reminds me of my fave John Lennon quote:
...which (I only recently learned) isn't actually a John Lennon quote at all.

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 15:47
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:36 reminds me of my fave John Lennon quote:
...which (I only recently learned) isn't actually a John Lennon quote at all.

is it not? youre yoking- oh no! (see what i did there?)
never mind he was a dreadful hippy by the end. and dead. hardly a role model.
btw i cant see the tweet as i am now BANNED from the pondlifes pond.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The text of the tweet:
“Ringo wasn’t even the best drummer in the Beatles.” Never said by John Lennon. Jasper Carrott’s office claimed it as 1983 gag; proof now it was said earlier, in BBC comedy Radio Active in Oct 1981. File here. Voice by Philip Pope. Written by Geoffrey Perkins. Not by John Lennon.
Followed by an audio clip of the joke.

I was amazed too when I found out.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 16:02 The text of the tweet:
“Ringo wasn’t even the best drummer in the Beatles.” Never said by John Lennon. Jasper Carrott’s office claimed it as 1983 gag; proof now it was said earlier, in BBC comedy Radio Active in Oct 1981. File here. Voice by Philip Pope. Written by Geoffrey Perkins. Not by John Lennon.
Followed by an audio clip of the joke.

I was amazed too when I found out.
even better - i will no longer embarrass myself in front of my scouse friends. glad you told me. :notworthy:

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

alanm wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 11:26 Bruhn was quite diplomatic when this community asked him:
HL: Is Eldritch actually as good a guitarist (sitting down anyway) as people seem to think?

Bruhn: When I was with the band, he could not provide an eight-minute guitar solo while lying on his back, but a rhythm guitar portion without any prancing involved was not a problem.
In my book 8 minutes solo proves a wank :P