Heartland South-East Meeting, 7th of May 2005, London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:Yes - there's a pre-drinking trawl around Camden Market set for the afternoon - interested parties so far: Burn, BoF, Delilah and yours truly.
Guys and Girls

I dont how many of you KNOW the GOFF places in London?

I must say that I am Against going to "The Fox" - its a terribly Small place and Is PACKED on Saturday Nights and the Bar Staff are NOT pleasent - I KNOW from Experience.

If a load of YOU are going to be in Camdem anyway why do you wont to go halfway across London to SOHO, to The Fox when The Dev is in CANDEM.

OK the Dev is not the greatest of Pubs but it is the GOFF pub in London.

There is another PUB on the corner of Candem Highsteet - the other end from Candem Market - the name of which escapes me.

This pub is huge and was OK when I went there a couple of years ago - perhaps we could meet there? - I will let you know the name of it when I remember!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:Yes - there's a pre-drinking trawl around Camden Market set for the afternoon - interested parties so far: Burn, BoF, Delilah and yours truly.
Guys and Girls

I must say that I am Against going to "The Fox" - its a terribly Small place and Is PACKED on Saturday Nights and the Bar Staff are NOT pleasent - I KNOW from Experience.

If a load of YOU are going to be in Camdem anyway why do you wont to go halfway across London to SOHO, to The Fox when The Dev is in CANDEM.

There is another PUB on the corner of Candem Highsteet - the other end from Candem Market - the name of which escapes me.

This pub is huge and was OK when I went there a couple of years ago - perhaps we could meet there? - I will let you know the name of it when I remember!
This Is M & S S & M
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:
BTW Anyone going to "Slimelite" in the Angel, Islington following the "Event"
hopefully! :D
Andy TG
Overbomber

The Following is taken from the Devonshire Arms Website.

Please be informed that unless there is a Band playing it is FREE entry to the pub - what more do YOU need!

Saturday

PRE~SLIMELIGHT MIX

Djs The Andy-Christ performing with Ghoul, Disko-Bitch or Karmanaut

If it is to be the FOX I will the one outside waving - while I look for somewhere DECENT to drink!
7pm-1am
This Is M & S S & M
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

just name a decent pub - we don't particularly care - we just want to drink somewhere where everyone can get in
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I'll prob only come to the afternoon gettogevva. The thing is I'm not a goff/goth....like what-ev-er.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:just name a decent pub - we don't particularly care - we just want to drink somewhere where everyone can get in
Yeah man. Is there a Yates round there?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Thea
Overbomber

Almiche V wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:just name a decent pub - we don't particularly care - we just want to drink somewhere where everyone can get in
Yeah man. Is there a Yates round there?
I think I'm banned from Yates' :oops:
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andy TG wrote:
Guys and Girls

wracks... wrecks brains

Def agreed re: the Fox, not enough room to skin a cat in there, let alone talk on Saturday avo/eve

Right, Camden High Street, at the bottom of that near Mornington Crescent Tube there's the Purple Turtle, which is pretty big... and might be what you're thinking of.... (music can vary from rock to techno-lite..)

Near Camden market itself there's the Elephants Head on the corner after the first markets, which quite often plays proper Rock 'N' Roll.... (good on a Sunday after raving all Saturday, banishes the 4/4 right out of one's noggin..)

But there is one thing to remember.... it's gonna be the start of May and with a bit of luck the sun might be shining... so it could be beer garden time.... unless anyones allergic to sunlight.. :wink:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

The World's End? Big, in Camden.

Dublin Castle, small, Camden, has live bands of questionable quality.

Orange Tree, Richmond. Great pub, good food downstairs, overspill drinks on to Richmond Green, all very lovely but about as far from Camden as one can get.

I feel like I'm largely to blame for ditching the Dev, but that was solely due to my distaste for drinking anywhere with a door policy. But, as with most weekends, I can't make big commitments as to my whereabouts yet so don't start changing plans on my account - I'd hate to have you do that and then not be able to come anyway.

A goths-only get-together is less attractive than a meeting of friends who happen to like TSOM.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Gottdammerung

Ok ignore my geography of Camden.. I think the pub Andy is on about is the World's End... soz, I'm one of those people that considers Camden Town tube to be halfway up Camden High Street - not at the bottom of it... :roll:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Almiche V wrote:I'll prob only come to the afternoon gettogevva. The thing is I'm not a goff/goth....like what-ev-er.
I'll be towing the line with Almichey cos i'm HOPEFULLY (hugest of huge hints there!) travelling with him! ;D
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Lamia wrote:
Almiche V wrote:I'll prob only come to the afternoon gettogevva. The thing is I'm not a goff/goth....like what-ev-er.
I'll be towing the line with Almichey cos i'm HOPEFULLY (hugest of huge hints there!) travelling with him! ;D
Wee look, I can bend my arm backwards!
Andie
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:Ok ignore my geography of Camden.. I think the pub Andy is on about is the World's End... soz, I'm one of those people that considers Camden Town tube to be halfway up Camden High Street - not at the bottom of it... :roll:
Worlds End is opposit the Camden Town tube station...can be a lil hairy on a Saturday afternoon...big footy screen and is usually full of Arsenal supporters...i could be tempted in to having a Chelsea top on just to add a lil heat to the open wound!!...anyone got the fixtures for Saturday 7th?...who's playing at home in north london?...

on the subject of pubs...there is a nice one past the railway bridge over the canal...has a beer terrace upstairs at the front of the building...if it's a nice afternoon :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Burn wrote:anyone got the fixtures for Saturday 7th?
I bloody hope not!

Last time I went in The Worlds End there was a man painted orange who was wearing nothing but a pair of JCB boots and some yellow rubber pantaloon things. The funny thing was that no-one was giving him funny looks so it made me wonder if it was only me that could see him or that it could be a regular occurrence :eek:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

if someone wants to put together a list of the possible pubs, we can always be democratic about it and post a poll to decide which one.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

lazarus corporation wrote: OK, so far I make it:

lazarus corporation
BrideofFrankenstein
Delilah
Burn & friend
d00mw0lf
andymackem
silk
Gottdammerung
Lamia
Almiche V
Shadow_Smile
Dave R
DerekR

Unconfirmed:

Timsinister
Mr & Mrs RicheyJames
alexander ord
I'm very impressed actually. Seriously. :notworthy:

What started out as a couple of mates who knew each other plus the assorted 'maybe' attendees has mushroomed into a small monster. 8)

I await Mr Laz to take control of the situation and give direction and dance the ghost with you. :von:

'Rumour' has it, that this proposed event may even be registering in the HL inner circle. :eek:

Assuming they ever answer their PMs. :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Loki wrote: I await Mr Laz to take control of the situation and give direction and dance the ghost with you. :von:

'Rumour' has it, that this proposed event may even be registering in the HL inner circle. :eek:

Assuming they ever answer their PMs. :innocent:
take control? I prefer the disorganised chaos - some sort of anarchistic collective non-hierarchical decision-making process taking shape.

HL inner circle? nah, they wouldn't dare - they can't take their drink, or so I've heard. Budweiser - hahaha
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:if someone wants to put together a list of the possible pubs, we can always be democratic about it and post a poll to decide which one.
I've probably missed the bit where someone said what time you're planning on starting, but I'll chip in some ideas as a London person.

Although the Intrepid Fox on Wardour Street has many downsides, if you want to get there by early afternoon you should be able to get the big table as it tends to be a touristy pub in the day. It does jugs of Grolsch for £8.50 and you can usually get five pints out of it

Further up Wardour Street you've got The Ship, which is a great place. It's not gothy, but it's quiet on Saturday afternoons (and you can stand outside in the evening) and the bar staff play good CDs. I took RicheyJames here once and he didn't complain if that helps.

Ben Crouch's Tavern on Wells Street is just roud the corner from HMV on Oxford Street. It's an Eerie Pub (i.e. it's a bit gothy and twee), but it's quiet for central London and the music is alternative-ish.

The Dev isn't that busy on Saturday afternoons these days (I don't know how they've managed to kill that place but they have) although Camden will be heaving.

Alexander
Dave R

first guys, there is a london derby on that day, chelsea at home to charlton, so expect footy fans....and unless either Quiffys lot or my lot can make the playoffs...well another story eh QB :wink:

second, i may not be travelling as far as Shadow :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
but gimme a clue guys?

Laz, can you PLEASE become South of Watfords Himmler and direct us all over the brink in some goth-for-saken hole, anywhere!!!!

me no care if it is a Goff boozer, I don't look the part anyway, so i can be the old geezer who the minigoffs wander "why's that old fella gotta leather jacket on??"

i will be easy to spot anyway i reckon...No Pop - No Style.... :wink:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Loki

Dave R wrote:first guys, there is a london derby on that day, chelsea at home to charlton, so expect footy fans....and unless either Quiffys lot or my lot can make the playoffs...well another story eh QB :wink:

second, i may not be travelling as far as Shadow :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
but gimme a clue guys?

Laz, can you PLEASE become South of Watfords Himmler and direct us all over the brink in some goth-for-saken hole, anywhere!!!!

me no care if it is a Goff boozer, I don't look the part anyway, so i can be the old geezer who the minigoffs wander "why's that old fella gotta leather jacket on??"

i will be easy to spot anyway i reckon...No Pop - No Style.... :wink:
@ Laz - :innocent:
@ Dave R - Snakebelt? 8)
Dave R

@ Loki - Dungeons and Dragons Meeting cancelled tonight was it???

:wink:

Memory of an Effelump :notworthy:

No Belt - No Style....... 8)
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Loki

Dave R wrote:@ Loki - Dungeons and Dragons Meeting cancelled tonight was it???

:wink:

Memory of an Effelump :notworthy:

No Belt - No Style....... 8)
Sneaky git! Editing before anyone responds ... :lol:

@ DR - "so i can be the old geezer who the minigoffs wander "why's that old fella gotta leather jacket on?" :innocent:

@ Laz - X2, hopefully the snakebelts won't be tired around our balding pates, with rattlesnake skulls hung around our necks in a stylish necklace and hands gently caressingly saw-off shotguns, looking for our trailer for the night. Maybe. :D
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I might be able to make this, but can't say for definite. :)

London is my old stamping ground, and I'm familiar with most of the places mentioned so far. All have their plus and minus points to be honest.
I'd suggest someone chooses one of the bigger/quieter pubs as a meeting place, wait for everyone to turn up, then play it by ear where you go next...
The Scene won't save you...
Loki

Good call Mr "Simon I never got Johnny Boy into this weeding/trading stuff. " Scardwel. 8)

Some people may want to come for the afternoon only. In the sunshine. It's a start. Find a Meet/start point and then each to their own? :?: