Chris Catalyst wants to release new Sisters material

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:It's still not about a number of clicks and registered users,
Please note that I never said that. You're arguing with yourself here.
Bartek wrote: but active people (still, not "like"), and i guess that here and on FB is relatively small. Yet, of course, fact that they are still touring is a positive sign, or at lest should be, for them.

Of course. That's pretty much why I keep proposing what I'm proposing. If you can tour and sell T-shirts, then you can sell albums, too. And it would revitalize the whole thing.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Ben :" it may be fair to assume that nothing new is hoping to happen any time soon". As you were.
http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_details.php?id=32805
copper
Amphetamine Filth

I very clearly remember how lost I felt at the beginning of ’07. Without being part of a band, I had felt I had no identity, and I think I might feel the same if NxN disbanded tomorrow. I NEED my own band to feel as if I am myself. Yes, I was in TSoM, which was a hell of an accolade.

The issue was that I want to WRITE and CREATE within a band; I have so many musical ideas that need an outlet and this just wasn’t possible in The Sisters, because, stylistically, the ideas about which I was most passionate weren’t compatible with their aesthetic, not to mention that they weren’t showing a great deal of interest in creating a new record.
Eldritch has made enough albums for himself, there's no internal impetus to make another. By touring and royalties, he gets what's called 'f**k you money' and it takes away the financial necessity.

He's more into channeling Dante or Boccaccio nowadays, which is probably a nice way for him to spend his time. Playing around with the language, those little twists of words, that's where he's happiest.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That's a very realistic and pragmatic view, no illusion, no dis-illusion. Kudos for Ben. :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Ben :" it may be fair to assume that nothing new is hoping to happen any time soon". As you were.
http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_details.php?id=32805
Very good interview! Thanks for diggin' it up and posting... :notworthy: ...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Very good interview! Thanks for diggin' it up and posting... :notworthy: ...
Indeed!! :notworthy:

Although, based on this pik...

...NxN's frontman is Tim Minchin... :eek:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
robertzombie
Overbomber

Has Ben left the Sisters?
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Too good a (reasonably) regular cash-cow to do that.
Four strings good, six strings bad
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He does seem slightly negative about the Sisters in that interview. Also...
Ben wrote:At the moment, my future and NxN’s future are pretty much one and the same; the band takes up so much of my time that I don’t really think about much else.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I like Ben, he seems a cool guy and he tells it like it is with the Sisters. De Robo seems to talk more like Eldritch and yeah, why bother you know...
in dub we trust
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

July 29, 2014

"Obviously I love being in the Sisters’, its fantastic."

http://screamermagazine.com/interviews/ ... y-arrived/

31 July 2014

"Being part of The Sisters of Mercy has been an wonderful experience for me, as I have made some fantastic friends in the band and crew, played to some huge sized audiences and travelled all over the globe."

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalo ... hristo.htm
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I stand corrected. And I'm glad of that. ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It can be read either this or that way; he's young, he has some music ideas, he wants to record - hard to blame him for the last one; some may say that it also means that there will be no more TSOM gig(s) in next few months. (That's, obviously, about your quote Mark)
Joy

All this is just brainstorming, of course, as there is no precise information, but at the end of this interview Ben’s plans with NxN is a tour in Europe in September and October… So both September and October are out of possible dates for a Sisters tour.

"We want to be on the road as much as possible as we need to promote the album; our issue at the moment is that we don´t have a live agent to continuously coordinate our gigs – an incredibly important role. Saying that, we are in the procces of confirming shows for Sept/Oct in the UK and Europe (Poland, Czech Repubic and possibly Germany)."

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/07 ... -by-night/
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

oh, not my cup of tea, but if they going to play in my city and I'll have time and money I'd probably go see them.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:All this is just brainstorming, of course, as there is no precise information, but at the end of this interview Ben’s plans with NxN is a tour in Europe in September and October… So both September and October are out of possible dates for a Sisters tour.

"We want to be on the road as much as possible as we need to promote the album; our issue at the moment is that we don´t have a live agent to continuously coordinate our gigs – an incredibly important role. Saying that, we are in the procces of confirming shows for Sept/Oct in the UK and Europe (Poland, Czech Repubic and possibly Germany)."

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/07 ... -by-night/
Yes, and in November Chris is planning another Eureka Machines pledge album PLUS a solo album ... so that makes further Sisters gigs for this year most unlikely ... :wink: ...

But hey, perhaps, well quite perhaps, :von: is also preparing something nice in the meantime ... ;D ...
Joy

Being645 wrote: Yes, and in November Chris is planning another Eureka Machines pledge album PLUS a solo album ... so that makes further Sisters gigs for this year most unlikely ... :wink: ...

But hey, perhaps, well quite perhaps, :von: is also preparing something nice in the meantime ... ;D ...
Oh… let us keep some hope for December 8) :) … and yes, also that Von may be preparing something… :oops: ;D now that the previous tour was so successful.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: But hey, perhaps, well quite perhaps, :von: is also preparing something nice in the meantime ... ;D ...
Like some translation work?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
Being645 wrote: But hey, perhaps, well quite perhaps, :von: is also preparing something nice in the meantime ... ;D ...
Like some translation work?
Is translation work something nice ... :?: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

... :!: :cry: :lol: ... relax. See world from the other side of der spigel. :wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Joy wrote:All this is just brainstorming, of course, as there is no precise information, but at the end of this interview Ben’s plans with NxN is a tour in Europe in September and October… So both September and October are out of possible dates for a Sisters tour.
Unless, of course, somevon decides to kill 2 birds with one stone and tour with NxN as the support act... :innocent:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:
Unless, of course, somevon decides to kill 2 birds with one stone and tour with NxN as the support act... :innocent:
Haha ... never say never ... ;D :lol: ... :notworthy: ...
Joy

EvilBastard wrote:
Indeed, that is something I have not thought of. :lol: :lol: