The Inaugural Heartland Metal Thread!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Got a thing for custard creams at the moment. You just can't have one!
Pista
Cureboi

elamanamou wrote:Got a thing for custard creams at the moment. You just can't have one!
:lol:

Are you, perchance, in the wrong thread?

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
elamanamou wrote:Got a thing for custard creams at the moment. You just can't have one!

Are you, perchance, in the wrong thread?

:innocent:
Oh, i don't know about that, i think the metal thread should embrace the biscuit love too! Plenty to go around! ;D :lol: :lol:
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Lolol

UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Radiojamaica: Oh, glad you checked out Mizmor. From what I understand, he's associated with Hell (the band, or um, guy, from Oregon) who have a new album out and whose stuff I generally have liked. Might be worth a listen if your'e into it. I put Schammasch on my list for the weekend, thanks!

Izzy HaveMercy: Sar Isatum sounds good from a short listen. Will give a more thorough listen soon. Thank you!

Markfiend: Ahahahaha... drunk Sabbath karaoke definitely counts! One of us! One of us! One of us!
Pista
Cureboi

UniversalRinging wrote:Lolol

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

UniversalRinging wrote:Radiojamaica: Oh, glad you checked out Mizmor. From what I understand, he's associated with Hell (the band, or um, guy, from Oregon) who have a new album out and whose stuff I generally have liked. Might be worth a listen if your'e into it. I put Schammasch on my list for the weekend, thanks!
Will check that Hell fella!
On page 1 of this thread is a link to the schammasch album. Easy does it :wink:
in dub we trust
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

IGORRR put a whole live show online...

Man, this is sooo sheer GENIUS I am really considering giving up my musical career.

A mix of Baroque, black metal, grindcore, breakbeat, musette, glitch/IDM and linedancing.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
iesus
Overbomber

Mixing threads... i like that ;D
Currently listening to
:innocent: :innocent: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

iesus: lol!

radiojamaica: Got about halfway through Triangle and I really like it. Atmospheric and sophisticated stuff. Fan of the vocals too. Will explore further, cheers!

Izzy HaveMercy: Oh goody. Will definitely be watching this tomorrow! I watched an interview with the bandleader from not long ago and he definitely comes across as heady and brilliant.
Izzy HaveMercy

For all those peeps in Leeds and 'environs'... this looks like quite a treat! :D

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:For all those peeps in Leeds and 'environs'... this looks like quite a treat! :D

IZ.
Yeah I've been pondering that, but not sure I can spare the £40
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:For all those peeps in Leeds and 'environs'... this looks like quite a treat! :D

IZ.
Yeah I've been pondering that, but not sure I can spare the £40
It's worth that money for Bloodbath, Paradise Lost, Vallenfyre, Wiegedood, Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Nails alone :D
EDIT: And Myrkur, And Leng T'Che... and Dying Fetus...

IZ.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy + Markfiend: What a lineup!

Weeeeee!!!! Very productive morning with some rediscovered favorites and an exciting new discovery.

Young And In The Way:When Life Comes To Death
Izzy HaveMercy

UniversalRinging wrote:Izzy HaveMercy + Markfiend: What a lineup!

Weeeeee!!!! Very productive morning with some rediscovered favorites and an exciting new discovery.

Oldskool rules! :lol:

IZ.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
UniversalRinging wrote:Izzy HaveMercy + Markfiend: What a lineup!

Oldskool rules! :lol:

IZ.
I saw Repulsion in Leeds in 2010 at the second (and last Deathfest) great fun. Saw Suffocation at the late lamented Bradford Rio's on Bonfire night in 2004 play to about 30 people.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Ribbons69: That does sound fun!

Izzy HaveMercy: Very impressed by the Igorr video!

The weather's been so weird lately. Hot during the day and chilly at night, super dry and windy. My sinuses are going haywire and feels like I'm in a fog. Therefore:

Izzy HaveMercy

UniversalRinging wrote:Izzy HaveMercy: Very impressed by the Igorr video!
I'm watching that on an almost daily basis.
I'm going to see them live in November, so looking forward to that! :D

That Saint Vitus of yours gave me an idea....

IZ.
iesus
Overbomber

Saint Vitus play here next month. Anyone has previous experience from live appearances? Is it worth? What to expect?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Izzy HaveMercy

iesus wrote:Saint Vitus play here next month. Anyone has previous experience from live appearances? Is it worth? What to expect?
It is good, but expect mister Wino to be a pain in the ass for the tech guys :lol:

Iz.
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
iesus wrote:Saint Vitus play here next month. Anyone has previous experience from live appearances? Is it worth? What to expect?
It is good, but expect mister Wino to be a pain in the ass for the tech guys :lol:

Iz.
They played Glasgow 4 years ago and are playing again soon. They were very good :D

https://youtu.be/Moc5f6h748I
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Yesterday I had the joy and pleasure to meet an unknown band (for me) from The Netherlands, called KOMATSU.

They play stoner/sludge, but do so in a very energetic way, more of a Kyuss vibe than a Sleep vibe, so to say. Normally I get bored very quickly with these sludge bands, but not this time! :D

Me and my daughter really enjoyed their performance, and they also loved our energy it seems, because at the end of the gig our Noor was asked up on stage to rock out with the band!

For a nine-year-old this is fantastic of course. For Noor it is becoming common business as usual tho; I think this is the third time a band asks her on stage! :lol:

Here is Komatsu, with their 2016 album!

And I hope this Facebook video works for eveyone, here is our Noor rocking out with the band! :D Yours humbly (with Tom Jones tee) appears at the end of the vid ;)

IZ.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy: She is too damn cute!
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Had a wonderful time watching Obituary a couple of nights ago.. those Tardy brothers still have it, my goodness. Very energetic crowd - so many youngsters, so many females! Really fun opening bands too.

Got me to dig out these old nuggets:

Izzy HaveMercy

Obituary live is a real treat, after all that years, f**king hell!

The same with At The Gates, they still have it, they are still going strong!

Testament? It's a f**king A-BOMB live! Kreator, as you so kindly mentioned... highly energetic shows as well.

The only ones that take it slow these days are Slayer, but of course, Araya isn't allowed headbanging anymore.... :)

And Sepultura live is awesome, but can't hit me anymore since the brothers Cavalera left, and Cavalera brothers doing Roots -- nah, doesn't work either for me :/

IZ.