Paris 05/03/2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Is there a parking near the venue or the afterparty that stays open during the night ?
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

doctoravalanche wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:so, just to recap:

Pre-gig meet-up @ Chao Ba Café - map (google says this bar is now closed - is this true?)

Aftershow @ Le Couloir - heartland discussion | map

see y'all there :von: :notworthy:
For the pre-show, it is as you wish, maybe we can meet at Le Couloir instead of le Chao Ba as it is closer to the venue and the owner told me she opens around 4.30 pm, what do you think ?

But maybe for you who come from abroad it is maybe better to go into two different bars !
thanks for the update :D

we're happy to go anywhere you want really - where do you think will be good? :lol:

we're staying at le chat noir, just further up boulevard de clichy, so anywhere is pretty close.

by the way, how much do you think a taxi would be from CDG airport to our hotel? any ideas? :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

I think it's very expensive (about 70-90 euros).
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sentenza wrote:I think it's very expensive (about 70-90 euros).

so the best option i assume is a train from CDG to paris east?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

RER to one of the city centre stations I'd say (RER B goes to Gare du Nord, didn't check which one's nearest to your place)

Meanwhile, I got a very special confirmation :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:so, just to recap:

Pre-gig meet-up @ Chao Ba Café - map (google says this bar is now closed - is this true?)

Aftershow @ Le Couloir - heartland discussion | map

see y'all there :von: :notworthy:
For the pre-show, it is as you wish, maybe we can meet at Le Couloir instead of le Chao Ba as it is closer to the venue and the owner told me she opens around 4.30 pm, what do you think ?

But maybe for you who come from abroad it is maybe better to go into two different bars !
thanks for the update :D

we're happy to go anywhere you want really - where do you think will be good? :lol:

we're staying at le chat noir, just further up boulevard de clichy, so anywhere is pretty close.

by the way, how much do you think a taxi would be from CDG airport to our hotel? any ideas? :D
Honestly, both are equals, le Couloir is smaller than the Chao Bao where it will be more noisy, but at the Chao Bao you will have more people at this time of the day.
Maybe we could set a meeting point at the exit of the Metro Anvers and then decide ...
I don't think that from your hotel to CDG it will be that expensive, it will be between 35 and 45 euros as you are near the Ring and in the north of Paris.
doctoravalanche

Quiff Boy wrote:
sentenza wrote:I think it's very expensive (about 70-90 euros).

so the best option i assume is a train from CDG to paris east?
Indeed the cheapest option is to go to Gare du Nord (north station), it is on your metro line (number 2), there you can take the train (RER B) going to CDG airport, it will be around 8 euros per person.
Ania
Road Kill

It seems I will be there! So, looking forward to an update in regards to the pre-gig drinks! I will get to Paris about 3-3.30pm (depending on the trains from CDG), staying 10 mins from Gare du Nord, but would love to see a bit of Paris, having never been there before, so, after a short visit to see the Eiffel Tower I will be ready for a bit of partying and good music. Finally!!
Sita

Hi Ania - the Eiffel tower really looks finest at night, cause then it's illuminated (at least last time I checked ;)). Personally if I was on a tight schedule, I wouldn't go there during daytime. If I remember it correctly it's also a bit in the middle of nowhere. And you can see it from any place in town anyway ;) I'm sure there are much nicer things to do if you got 2, 3 hours in the afternoon. Just my taste though, of course :D
San
Road Kill

Sita wrote:Hi Ania - the Eiffel tower really looks finest at night, cause then it's illuminated (at least last time I checked ;)). Personally if I was on a tight schedule, I wouldn't go there during daytime. If I remember it correctly it's also a bit in the middle of nowhere. And you can see it from any place in town anyway ;) I'm sure there are much nicer things to do if you got 2, 3 hours in the afternoon. Just my taste though, of course :D
totally agree - looks fantastic at night - and better viewed from a distance.

really crowded in the daytime also...
iesus
Overbomber

arrived today in Monmartre :D
i can see the tower from my room :notworthy:
is this a kind of fog around the atmosphere??
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
doctoravalanche

Never Land wrote:Is there a parking near the venue or the afterparty that stays open during the night ?
Yes there is a parking at 41 Boulevard de Rochechouart, very close to the venue, but it will be quite expensive ... Maybe it is better to find a parking outdoors in the streets, even if it will be more difficult.
doctoravalanche

For the afetrnoon meeting , let's keep it at the CHAO BA Café (22 Boulevard de Clichy, Paris, Metro Pigalle), it is very easy to find.
At what time would you like to start drinking ? ;) 4.30 pm ? 5 pm ?
lachert
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:For the afetrnoon meeting , let's keep it at the CHAO BA Café (22 Boulevard de Clichy, Paris, Metro Pigalle), it is very easy to find.
6am :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
christophe
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:For the afetrnoon meeting , let's keep it at the CHAO BA Café (22 Boulevard de Clichy, Paris, Metro Pigalle), it is very easy to find.
I am so not sitting next to you on the way over :lol:
Another Shade of You.
lachert
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
lachert wrote:
don't you worry, it can be true only when i found some shinny new liver under eiffel tower :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
christophe
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
christophe wrote:
lachert wrote: 6am :lol: :wink:
don't you worry, it can be true only when i found some shinny new liver under eiffel tower :lol:
and you thing that is making me feel better? :eek:
I will keep my eyes on you boy! :lol:
Another Shade of You.
lachert
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
lachert wrote:
christophe wrote:I am so not sitting next to you on the way over :lol:
and you thing that is making me feel better? :eek:
I will keep my eyes on you boy! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
doctoravalanche

iesus wrote: is this a kind of fog around the atmosphere??
Do you thing Andrew has already plugged the smoke machine ? ;)
iesus
Overbomber

i think that's the best description of that , you made Doc ;D :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

San wrote:
Sita wrote:Hi Ania - the Eiffel tower really looks finest at night, cause then it's illuminated (at least last time I checked ;)). Personally if I was on a tight schedule, I wouldn't go there during daytime. If I remember it correctly it's also a bit in the middle of nowhere. And you can see it from any place in town anyway ;) I'm sure there are much nicer things to do if you got 2, 3 hours in the afternoon. Just my taste though, of course :D
totally agree - looks fantastic at night - and better viewed from a distance.

really crowded in the daytime also...
True... Montmartre is the point of choice, at midnight the lights come on and the view's gorgeous from there :D Luckily that's round the corner from the venue ;D
doctoravalanche wrote:
Never Land wrote:Is there a parking near the venue or the afterparty that stays open during the night ?
Yes there is a parking at 41 Boulevard de Rochechouart, very close to the venue, but it will be quite expensive ... Maybe it is better to find a parking outdoors in the streets, even if it will be more difficult.
Ah, now that's useful info :wink: I hope I can spot a spot and Parisian parking skills don't wreck my car too much as it's just returned from getting its coachwork straightened :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I would love to go to this one if I could :cry:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I hope I can spot a spot and Parisian parking skills don't wreck my car too much as it's just returned from getting its coachwork straightened :lol:
Oh I know you well enough: you always find a spot right in front of the venue or hotel door :D :notworthy:

I'm gonna be such a happy bunny when I get my feet on those good old Paris' streets again... and with such a wicked crew & all 8)
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

You betcha ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

is this sold out? last minute thinking