(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Being645
Above the Chemist

since 5am diarrhoea with vomiting and 30° C in my flat ... lovely ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Jeezus, that sounds like food poisoning! Please drink lots of water and/or the local equivalent of Gatorade.

CPOB watching a dear friend descend into alcoholism and substance abuse, while being deaf to the pleadings of those around him.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:Jeezus, that sounds like food poisoning! Please drink lots of water and/or the local equivalent of Gatorade.

CPOB watching a dear friend descend into alcoholism and substance abuse, while being deaf to the pleadings of those around him.
Seconded on the hydrating. You're going to lose water in any case in the heat, but to lose even more from the squits is not good at all.

Can you get your friend some professional help at all?
I've been through similar & it's heartbreaking :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
An
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:since 5am diarrhoea with vomiting and 30° C in my flat ... lovely ...
Oh, have a good recovery, dear Sabine.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote: Can you get your friend some professional help at all?
I've been through similar & it's heartbreaking :(
Can he? Yeah. Will he? Probably not. But he's got some good people around him who are concerned. It would be easier if my wife and I weren't so far away from him.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote:Jeezus, that sounds like food poisoning! Please drink lots of water and/or the local equivalent of Gatorade.
Oh yes, thank you (and everybody else).
I did so ... and some electrolytes to balance the loss of salts ... it was so terrible. I could easily imagine why elderly people die of such stuff ... I could feel every single of my organs and its location and how they all were doing hasty overtime ... so I drank some sparkling mineral water to make me vomit more and take away a part of their load. It was ugly, but it did help.
Still some recurring fever attacks yesterday, but now I'm ready to go on, slowly. Not hungry, for sure, though. Should not have eaten that slightly overdue mozzarella cheese in first place ...
sultan2075 wrote: CPOB watching a dear friend descend into alcoholism and substance abuse, while being deaf to the pleadings of those around him.
There is nothing more saddening. And pleading feels so vain, because mostly people need to have their way and all that could possibly help were a perspective,
more luring and convincing than the present one apparently is... however, as long there is trust, not all is lost. All my best wishes from here ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

looking for a job. trying my best to find one, been busy for months now but still nothing. it could be because i'm "too old" and cheaper than a twenty or thirty year old or because my cv has a wide range of job experience who thefuck knows? or maybe because there are more "male" jobs available than "female" jobs. it does my head in cause i'm ready and willing to work. oh well that's my monday rant. enjoy the rest of your day and week.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

Fingers crossed something turns up Debs
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:Fingers crossed something turns up Debs
thanks Steve! Me too ~ no not the movement, even crossing my toes. oh well now trying to sell stuff which isn't going that well either. maybe i'm just doomed.
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Godspeed from here, too, Debs ... :kiss: ... summer is holiday time and always sort of a lull in the job market ... and also with regard to sales ...

so, don't worry too much that things didn't work out over the past few months... :wink: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I feel for you Debs, I've been there and know how devastaining it can be.

Currently i'm shattered and heartbroken because our family dog, my little doggy sister, husky Bianka died yesterday. Over 12 year (Jan. she would turn 13). She was lovely companion. Beautiful creature. Thousand of hours, hundred of miles on our walks; for quite a years she was one of the most important living creature on Earth for me. I enjoyed every minute spend with her.
I still have motion picture in my head of that frightened ball of white fur sitting in anteroon when she first apperend in our lives; how she couldn't walks over treshold and walks up and down stairs.
:notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote: Currently i'm shattered and heartbroken because our family dog, my little doggy sister, husky Bianka died yesterday. Over 12 year (Jan. she would turn 13). She was lovely companion. Beautiful creature. Thousand of hours, hundred of miles on our walks; for quite a years she was one of the most important living creature on Earth for me. I enjoyed every minute spend with her.
I still have motion picture in my head of that frightened ball of white fur sitting in anteroon when she first apperend in our lives; how she couldn't walks over treshold and walks up and down stairs.
:notworthy:
Oh noes :(
Sorry to hear this.
*hugs*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

awww thank you Sabine & Bartek! :notworthy: i know i'll just have to be patient and try and try again until something comes up.

Bartek ~ so sorry for your loss and for the family. wow almost 13 is amazing for a doggie though. it hurts badly but at least you have the memories and photos. our cat Pixie was 21 when the old man passed away and we were with him until his last breath.

now for part 2 of today. walked to the shops being a stunning day bought groceries and walked home where i checked my receipt. they had charged me for a bottle of beer i had not purchased. the young knobs in the que behind me were not keeping their distance and the one was handling the beer bottle while i was packing my groceries in the bag. so said knob had me pay for his beer and i'm sure he wasn't 18+. anyhoo see this think fuckthat and walk back to the store and got my 80 cents back. go me for keeping my cool. then on my walk back home some guy waves at me from a BMW. i wave back, maybe i know him he waved first. get to the tiny park and hear a hoot from said car and he waves and gestures for me to come over. bells in my head go off but hey maybe he needs help so approach car standing at a distance. "hi do you walk often?" he asks...me "yeah a bit" him "would you like to go walking with me?" me " hmmm...i don't think my HUSBAND would like that" him "wouldn't your husband like that?" me "no but good luck in finding what you are looking for". off i went on my merry way with my 80 cents in the pocket. seriously you don't need drugs for it to feel like a bad trip on some days.
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Try to take it with humour, Debs. It is still better than people passing you in their car imitating to vomit at the sight of you... :wink: :eek: :lol: ...

@Bartek
oh that is sad. Sorry for your family and you ...
to lose a comrad that was there for so many years ... :( ...
anyway, with you she a had a good life and you with her,
something that can never be taken away ... :notworthy: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Thanks.

Debs, to me, your story sounds more like hilarious one than one to be pissed of by. Sorry.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Being645 wrote:Try to take it with humour, Debs. It is still better than people passing you in their car imitating to vomit at the sight of you... :wink: :eek: :lol: ...
:eek: people can be cruel. you can do three things...
1. just ignore them
2. do a thumbs up & mouth a thank you with a wink *note this is done with sarcasm
3. depending on your mood just flick them your middle finger

yeah i did laugh a bit on my way home, my son laughed too when i told him and he said "mom you are too good for this world" think i should start looking for a new planet to live on :lol:

@ Bartek ~ yeah i know but i was too lazy to post it in another thread..sorry for that but i hope it made you smile! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

Water main up the road burst early this morning.
Need a shave & a shower & can't do either until it's back on. :|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Water main up the road burst early this morning.
Oh no!

We had that a couple of weeks ago but we'd just got up so didn't know.
I flushed the toilet and oh my god - the noise of the pipes straining to get water back upstairs was horrendous!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it's sorted soon!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:Water main up the road burst early this morning.
Oh no!

I flushed the toilet and oh my god - the noise of the pipes straining to get water back upstairs was horrendous!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it's sorted soon!
Maybe also a hint to take advantage of the next thermal bath near you ... relaxing in a lovely spa might be an alternative to CPBO ... :D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote: Oh no!

Hope it's sorted soon!
Yeah, it is a bit worrying when it comes back on & roars back up to pressure.
It was back by midday, but I had to run the shower for about 20 minutes until the water wasn't brown anymore :urff:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've had to get my union involved at work because I'm being (IMO) unfairly harassed by my line manager. It's got so bad that I've been throwing up some mornings from the anxiety she's causing me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:I've had to get my union involved at work because I'm being (IMO) unfairly harassed by my line manager. It's got so bad that I've been throwing up some mornings from the anxiety she's causing me.
Shiat!
Hope they can head it off for you. If not, tell her I'll send Polly over to bite her face.
Hang in there Mark
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Chin up Fiendy la
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm getting a union caseworker. I've had a number of colleagues come to me already to offer support. I've heard on the grapevine that she's already had a "talking to" for treating another colleague in a similar way...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Never mind Polly, we're ALL coming to bite her.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more