The Inaugural Heartland Metal Thread!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Enjoy it peeps, I just know some of you are gonna love this (I sure do too):
https://chaosechoes.bandcamp.com/album/mouvement

Been a while since I last passed by here, lots of stuff happened...
I did get to Roadburn festival where the elusive Mizmor played one of their very rare concerts (1st one ever in Europe it was if I'm not mistaken) and that was a great experience.
Okay, it lacked a bit of the magic everybody expected, but it was early & in a venue that was pretty open to daylight... but still: what a sound!
But the gig that was by far the most moving experience (and I didn't really expect that) was Godspeed You Black Emperor. It was such an emotional ride, it was exactly what I needed. It really was overwhelming :notworthy:

Oh, and last Friday the mighty Wolvennest released their 2nd album. They are one of my very favorite bands and never fail to take me on an otherworldly mind trip. Full album can be sampled here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhctVSP8cg

in dub we trust
Big Si
School Bully

Went to see Azziard / Unlight / Ragnarok and Marduk last Thursday night.

The posted set times were changed just before the Gig, so I only caught the end of Azziards Set. Got a nice souvenir courtesy of Ragnaroks Guitarist who gave me one of his signature Plectrums :D

14 months since I'd last seen Marduk play here and they were great again!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

23 DAYS AND COUNTING....

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...