Classic Rock Magazine

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:...I now have the dilemma of listen to or not listen to.

The latter is winning.
I didn't listen to it, in fact mine is currently en-route to the 'HL' part of Estonia :lol:
James Blast
Banned

think I'll send mine there too :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

thanks R&R
Veda
Road Kill

They could have been huge, as it was they had the compelling frontman, the talent in spades and the image. Lots of press. But as it is they are a mid-level band, hugely influential and with an incredibly legacy, but mid-tier nonetheless.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Veda wrote:They could have been huge, as it was they had the compelling frontman, the talent in spades and the image. Lots of press. But as it is they are a mid-level band, hugely influential and with an incredibly legacy, but mid-tier nonetheless.
:?

Yeah, yeah. Right. Huge would have made no difference to me. Not waiting for a huge band just a few more albums.

Next!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Veda
Road Kill

I'll say it again, they could have been huge. Should have. They had all the essential ingredients for megastardom. As a Sisters fan from a long ways back, it wouldn't have made no diff to me either but it blows when a band you admire doesn't progress to the pinnacle of the rung when they deserve it. They could have been huge but instead stalled in a sort of mid-level wasteland, playing theaters, clubs, halls and such in the states instead of headlining stadiums.
mh
Above the Chemist

Nah, we all know that there's reasons they're not huge, some of which were self-inflicted and badly managed at the time (guitarist implosions, etc), and some of which may be down to a deliberate choice to not be huge.

Making the music they do, there is no way they would have ever made it to a GnR/Stones/Floyd level, and that I am afraid is a very honest opinion. But a - say - prime period New Order level (and maybe even a bit beyond) was very much within shooting distance. They had a taste of it briefly in '91, and it didn't happen. Was it because the band couldn't sustain it (that line up was probably always doomed to be volatile, for reasons outlined in the article), or did Von choose not to sustain it?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
headcleaner2k
Road Kill

Being a chemical causality of the meth variety can’t be good for the noggin. Throw in some lawsuits, backstabbing wankers and ‘music business as usual’ and you’re pretty much fuct this time ‘round.
It makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it.
Like a deadbeat dad who forgot many-a-birthday – maybe next year, huh?
What a fizzle.
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."