28:03:09 - in Tallinn

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:I believe it's becoming known in the UK as a cheap location for stag parties :(
Ah, maybe on weekends. :| Same as Kraków then. :| A beautiful old town becoming a prostitute, sad indeed.
Anyway? Who went? How was it? Wake up and tell! :D
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

(Setlist?)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
_emma_
Overbomber

fukk the setlist, were there any roses, meaningful smiles, words in between songs? :D
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote: Anyway? Who went? How was it? Wake up and tell! :D
I wasn't there...
but in Zurich I met Eva with her boyfriend
They both were waiting for plane to Tallin...
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
_emma_
Overbomber

Just got a txt from one of the people who were there:
Standard setlist, low volume, but:
great performance.
:notworthy:
:D
sunshine
Road Kill

7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Thanks Sunshine! :D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
pikkrong
Overbomber

I really liked the show. what I didn't like was the audience of my beloved home-town. Seemed that their doctors had just warned most of them - in the case you move yourself, at first you'll lose your right hand, then left leg and finally your head. And The Idiot was also there. During "Something Fast" he shouted: "don't whisper, sing!" Eldritch said just "shut the f**k up" and the next moment he smiled. I mean Eldritch. He seemed to be in good mode anyway. Wasn't the very top Sisters show (yeah, my last one before Tallinn was Berlin, ooh yeah) but still a good one.
The setlist was:

Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Train / Detonation Blvd
Alice
Flood I
Floorshow
Anaconda
Marian
We Are The Same, Susanne
Arms
Dominion
Summer
FALAA
This Corrosion
Flood II

---

Something Fast
Vision Thing

---

Lucretia My Reflection
Top Nite Out
Temple Of Love

And it was very nice to see Eva, Eggi, Jens, Andrius and his people :)
do i drive
or am i driven
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Bad things first: The sound was too low, and it took them nearly the whole gig to improve it.

Good Things, the more on-topic: But nevertheless, the chattering gothy girls behind me fled with their gothy boy soon after I'd asked them to be quiet - yes, I was polite - it's Indrek's home town after all. However, I had fun, and looking to my left (Andrius and his friends) and to my right (Indrek with his friends) some other people had fun, too, thus it was a good show.

Good Things, the slightly less on-topic: Special infinite :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: (etc.) go to Indrek, who showed us the town, especially the medieval (sp???) center and took us to some very nice Cafe's/Bars. I love Tallinn, it is beautiful! And, dear Indrek, we went to the harbour on Sunday and visited some of the more industrial places you mentioned. In particular we were impressed by some probably soviet thing (you can't call it a building, although it hosts/hosted a concert hall). It seems more like some kind of stone bridge or parading platform, with huge stairs leading up and further on back down towards a helicopter landing space at the sea shore. It is run down, deserted and looks like an ancient thing straight out of a Fritz Lang film (to be more precise: Metropolis springs to mind), but it's beautiful and impressive in its own peculiar way. We should have taken pictures. In its grandeur it even reminds me of the Pyramids in Mexico (south of Mexico City) that were built to honour the Sun, the Moon and some third God.
You can't fix stupid.
pikkrong
Overbomber

My off-topic reply...
Maybe I even mentioned this particular building, Eva. If I did, then I compared it to Speer's architecture. This building was built in early 80s for as a concert hall complex. So it wasn't exactly in the closed military zone back in Soviet time but almost there, close to it. It's the same area I told you. It means - I planned myself to show you this building and some scary things to the left from it (more than 100 years old prison complex and the 100 years old hangar for hydroplans and maybe something more ;)). To be very correct, Tarkovsky's "Stalker" was filmed to the right from the big concert hall complex but there, as you could notice, are new harbour buildings now - which look like plastic without chrome :)
By the way, this big concert hall was in use in 2000 or 2001, maybe it still is (or parts of it) but in 2000 or 2001 I saw Duran Duran playing inside of it :)
But in general, it wasn't built to honour the Sun and the Moon but to honour Lenin and Brezhnew, I think its official name included Lenin's name... A good example of Brezhnew's time totalitarian architecture.
So I'm glad you found yourself the area I wanted to show you :)
do i drive
or am i driven
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Yes, I remember you mentioned a building reminding of Speer's architecture. The comparison to a pyramid is far fetched indeed, :oops: the only similarity being its impressive size and that this concert hall probably was meant to impress (not gods, but human beings). However, I don't know enough about architecture to find the right words. :wink: Just wanted you to know that we had a great time in Tallinn and that we enjoyed the tour with you very much. :D
You can't fix stupid.
pikkrong
Overbomber

don't need to blush - your comparison was at least as good or even better than mine. really witty. I haven't been to Mexico, I turned back home after Dallas in 2006 :)
and I'm very glad that you and Eggi enjoyed the trip and were not too disappointed about the gig.
do i drive
or am i driven
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

some old photos of Tallin (AD2005)
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
lachert
Overbomber

few nice photos from gig this time:
http://public.fotki.com/Alee/photo-bank ... -of-mercy/
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:few nice photos from gig this time:
http://public.fotki.com/Alee/photo-bank ... -of-mercy/
nice photos, thanks ... :lol: :notworthy:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Ooooo, more pix! Thanks, lachert! :D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim