John Lydon talking about the Sisters

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I wouldn't confront them. They are not so different. Well, Eldritch is more educated but in general - they are not so different. IMHO
do i drive
or am i driven
GC
Slight Overbomber

I personally think they are both wankers.... (un)fortunately they also made two of my favourite albums..
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

well you're right about that. Lydon just want or have more knowledge how to play with media. And certainly he wants to get more attention, but Von also had few quotes that were at least not less controversial, but in the other hand Lydon do public slanders about other musicians/bands and that sell lot more.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gollum's Cock wrote:I personally think they are both wankers.... (un)fortunately they also made two of my favourite albums..
:lol: I'm glad that by that count, I am only compelled to admire Mr. Eldritch.

I don't want to repeat myself, just wanna say that a) Yukio Mishima, who was arguably obsessed with death, was certainly a more unusual and smarter person than Mr. Lydon, with a wider artistic output, and b) when I was little my Dad used to say pop stars are stupid, and little me thought that was pretty mean of him, but meanwhile, I'm afraid I agree ;)

demolitionsisters
Road Kill

Anyone heard that bit about Bono owing Lydon a fiver? It's on youtube, I think it's hilarious the way Lydon claims that, you know, just like a wicked prick pissing on other people's shoes on and off hoping he's not gonna get his arse nailed someday by the parts involved . :innocent:
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Lydon is a gent. Slightly deranged, but a gent.

Bono owes everyone a fiver.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:You could be onto something there, Emma. Whenever I hear Vala whining his way through Summer Wine, it makes me want to kill myself ;D
+1

Although, I never even got as far as 'Summer W(h)ine'. 'Join me in death' was too pathetic and smarmy for words to begin with, and just thinking about the rape they pulled on 'Wicked Game' makes me throw up in my mouth as I'm typing this...
Sita

Seeing you mention that song, I instantly HAD to go and listen to it on Youtube. One of the comments under the Chris Isaak video is "this guy rips off HIM" :eek: :?: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Youtube: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:Seeing you mention that song, I instantly HAD to go and listen to it on Youtube. One of the comments under the Chris Isaak video is "this guy rips off HIM" :eek: :?: :lol:
This is what 'Love Metal' did to the world. People have been burnt at the stake for less... :evil:

P.S. : Valo being a Fields of the Nephilim fan doesn't redeem him at all in my eyes.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
Sita wrote:Seeing you mention that song, I instantly HAD to go and listen to it on Youtube. One of the comments under the Chris Isaak video is "this guy rips off HIM" :eek: :?: :lol:
This is what 'Love Metal' did to the world. People have been burnt at the stake for less... :evil:

P.S. : Valo being a Fields of the Nephilim fan doesn't redeem him at all in my eyes.
He also did some stuff with the Bloodhound Gang.... redeemed (or not?)
paul
Overbomber

Junkies shouldn't be interviewed. Just let 'm make music ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

then you will read only interviews with 60+ rock stars/musicians who survived rehab.
paul
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:then you will read only interviews with 60+ rock stars/musicians who survived rehab.
:lol:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote:Youtube: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Too Right!
The Chairman wrote:Bono owes everyone a fiver.
I'd pay him a tenner to p*ss off.

:wink:
GC
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:I personally think they are both wankers.... (un)fortunately they also made two of my favourite albums..
:lol: I'm glad that by that count, I am only compelled to admire Mr. Eldritch.

I don't want to repeat myself, just wanna say that a) Yukio Mishima, who was arguably obsessed with death, was certainly a more unusual and smarter person than Mr. Lydon, with a wider artistic output, and b) when I was little my Dad used to say pop stars are stupid, and little me thought that was pretty mean of him, but meanwhile, I'm afraid I agree ;)

a)I always mistook Mishima as someone who misused/misinterpreted the Samurai ideal for his own self-obsessed ego - an unfettered mind would not wholly be obsessed by death. (I have no proof of this and base it solely on my own bitterness )
b) My father also used to say popstars were stupid and it was case of the emperor's new clothes why people liked to listen to them. He alwys spoilt Top of the Pops for me :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Bono is the worst thing ever what could happen to U2.
do i drive
or am i driven
Sita

:lol: I think to base one's opinion on your own bitterness is perfectly legitimate! Tbh I don't know much about the Samurai, I just think Mishima was ultimately tragic, and slightly fascinating. And it was a neat opportunity to decorate the topic with a hot picture ;D