Paris Riots proof of existence

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote: So basically Eldo messed around with something like cubase one sunday afternoon and decided it was good enough to release in small quantities as a white label to fuel his ego.
I'd stop short of saying "didn't we all?" lol.

With a reasonable market, and a lot of DJs funding a desire to find something 'exclusive' for their sets... there was a burgeoning little cottage industry of cheap doof doof merchants. Let's just be positive and say it showed a great DIY mentality.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

always look at the bright side?

after few years of living i couldn't forced myself to that attitude as basic for seeing the life. but i'm guess i'm too young for that.
Being645
Above the Chemist

centurionofprix wrote:
When I moved to NZ, I biffed most of them. I do still have a few that I couldn't bear to part with. I do recall me and my mates playing 'Leeds Underground' and commenting on it being very good, and wondering who it was by etc.. but at the time most artists had multiple secret identities, so it wasn't unusual. We thought it could have been someone like Aphex Twin, or more likely a german/dutch/belgian tune.
Oh my god :urff:
:lol: ... you say it ...

centurionofprix wrote:
iesus wrote:I had a moment of :idea: :twisted:
I used the Shazam app on the sample ;D and look what is behind that

http://www.discogs.com/Voice-Of-Destruc ... se/1308189

"For Fun And Profit" :twisted: sounds very very familiar...
The song is called "Basket Case"
So is the "Voice of Destruction" the Paris Riots? :innocent:
On Cleopatra though? :lol:

Voice Of Destruction on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFEMnV49-Q
That album is from 1992, so this has most likely as much to do with Leeds Underground as this track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbLPw1_h4sI

Bartek wrote:always look at the bright side?

after few years of living i couldn't forced myself to that attitude as basic for seeing the life. but i'm guess i'm too young for that.
You are not in the position to experiment, which IMO is not a good thing.

On the other hand, you are not an artist, either. As an artist, it is part of the job to research, to experiment, to create things and to offer/sell the produce of your findings to the public. And you are forced to do that effectivly, since you are relatively likely not entitled to social benefit or sick pay, nor is there necessarily any sort of union or representation of interest ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Que? por favor? :?:
Just to make it clear, i was reffering to bearskin post
(and i'm not quoting when i respond to post direct above mine post- waste of space).
Being645
Above the Chemist

:eek: ... Oh yes ... misunderstandings could occur. So this was the post you had reffffered to:
Bartek wrote:
bearskin wrote:
Dan wrote: So basically Eldo messed around with something like cubase one sunday afternoon and decided it was good enough to release in small quantities as a white label to fuel his ego.
I'd stop short of saying "didn't we all?" lol.

With a reasonable market, and a lot of DJs funding a desire to find something 'exclusive' for their sets... there was a burgeoning little cottage industry of cheap doof doof merchants. Let's just be positive and say it showed a great DIY mentality.
always look at the bright side?

And this was what I had noted ....
Being645 wrote:You are not in the position to experiment, which IMO is not a good thing.

On the other hand, you are not an artist, either. As an artist, it is part of the job to research, to experiment, to create things and to offer/sell the produce of your findings to the public. And you are forced to do that effectivly, since you are relatively likely not entitled to social benefit or sick pay, nor is there necessarily any sort of union or representation of interest ...
Sorry, for any waste of time and space ... hell.
iesus
Overbomber

There are 2 bands at least with that name :wink:
The one is indeed with at least one album in "Cleopatra" records and the other is a heavy metal band from south africa :lol: :twisted:
And if we search more, there could be possible at least two dozens only in a country at the size of Slovenia ;D :notworthy:
There is no point as it was said the app find that because it uses the same sample from the movie V.O.D are not Paris Riots even though the cleo thing and the "fun and profit" moto are indeed direct drive to our beloved band 8)
The 1992 date makes possible another scenario that might be true but there is insufficient parameters to build that scenario up. :twisted:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

Paris Riots = a band David Wolfenden played in, before he joined the Expelaires! Must have been ~1977/78.