best sisters line up/ Best Album

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Eldritch, Mr Whammy, Sheehan. Dangerously sexy sounds.
Sad when you listen or watch old bootlegs with Chris in. So young :(
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Eldritch, Mr Whammy, Sheehan. Dangerously sexy sounds.
Sad when you listen or watch old bootlegs with Chris in. So young :(
Very. :(

Re albums, FALAA wins for me.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
An
Amphetamine Filth

Rankings are wankings, but contrary to the church it is not unhealthy so I would choose everything from 1981-1985. Plain simple.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the best album? the best sisters album is an (incomplete) and sonically bastardized collection of the 7 & 12" singles that were available before ANY album proper (thats not an opinion it's a FACT).....and technically Floodland had no line-up. so unless you are going to be brave and say Vision Thing (in which case good for you for your honest and not being a mish-troll or a back-in-t'-day whinger) it has to be FALAA.....which doesnt feature the best line-up. :P :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IMO The Reptile House EP is the closest thing to perfection that the Sisters have committed to vinyl. Eldritch/Marx/Adams/Gunn.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

My fav album is Vision Thing. Possibly if such a thing could exist the most prophetic album in term of world politics ever though the Reptile House is close. Fav line-up is more difficult as each line up is equated with a particular period. it's like saying what's the fav period of your life? I have a soft spot for them all, even the terrible haircuts and dodgy shirts. :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
mh
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:the best album? the best sisters album is an (incomplete) and sonically bastardized collection of the 7 & 12" singles that were available before ANY album proper (thats not an opinion it's a FACT)
Chuck in Good Things (slow version) and Jolene, and you have it nailed. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I dunno I'm a little disappointed in The Sisters now to be honest.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Yes they have become a cyber driven tribute to former glory
Being645
Above the Chemist

tributes to former glory is what the m*****n currently endeavour ... but of course, that's not The Sisters and never will be. Wrong spirit.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Think we should ask Gary about that
The Sisters spirit died April 1985
Swinnow
Overbomber

The godawful evangelism from both sides of this ancient argument is becoming annoying.

I saw Da Mish do a fab gig in Liverpool on Friday, several other members of this forum were there too. Others present had Sisters tee-shirts on. The overlap in audience is huge and everyone goes to enjoy a rock n roll show, OK, some lyrics are cringey, but the noise they make is great.

I'm looking forward to Da Mish again this weekend and The Girls in the autumn too, I will see friends old and new from this forum at both gigs and that is how it should be.

I honestly have no time for evangelism of any type, to me it is abhorrent as racism or sexism. Live and let live, it's only Rock n roll but we like it x

I'll wind me neck in now and go and have a puff on me vape lol
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Somekindadion wrote:Think we should ask Gary about that
The Sisters spirit died April 1985
After Wayne had walked in and spread his sermon ... :lol: ...

@Swinnow
Love to hear you (and others) had a good night and wishing you all the best ... :kiss: :kiss: ... as long as you don't try to force me to join...
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Nah
If you remember AE wanted to take the band to a more keyboard based sound
AE was becoming more controlling so Gary hoped off the bus followed by Wayne and Craig via they didn't wanna play the stuff AE had written
Being645
Above the Chemist

Somekindadion wrote:If you remember AE wanted to take the band to a more keyboard based sound
... for the next album. And that was much later than when Gary left. He did so explicitly, because the atmosphere was spoilt. There is some interview somewhere, maybe you know which one ...
Somekindadion wrote: AE was becoming more controlling so Gary hoped off the bus followed by Wayne and Craig via they didn't wanna play the stuff AE had written
Becoming obsessed with control usually refers to various causes, one of which is heavy substance usage, the other one is broken trust. It's ok that peeps leave and form a new band, if they don't like the direction their current band is takin'. Stuff like that happens everyday on the schoolyard ... just like the pissing ... yawn ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: After Wayne had walked in and spread his sermon ... :lol: ...
Had to read that sentence twice....thought this thread was in danger of going down another route for a moment!
It's a slippery slope back to the skin flute thread.... :innocent:
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Yep your right
The whole anti WH and CA thing is playground stuff and was over long ago
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:
Had to read that sentence twice....thought this thread was in danger of going down another route for a moment!
Oh, I don't know that thread. Sounds like great fun ... :twisted: :lol: ... you've got a link?
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Oh, I don't know that thread. Sounds like great fun ... :twisted: :lol: ... you've got a link?
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... te&start=0

Another thread which starts so innocently, then page 2 happens.... :lol: :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote: Had to read that sentence twice....thought this thread was in danger of going down another route for a moment!
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... te&start=0

Another thread which starts so innocently, then page 2 happens.... :lol: :lol:
... :lol: ... that was sweet and lovely ... and without any sisters vs. m*****n spoiler ... :notworthy: ... thank you for the link ... ;D ....
Swinnow
Overbomber

Sweet, good old thread to chuckle about, Liverpool won and I might open a bottle of Birkenhead's finest fighting brandy to celebrate with. If Mr Rhombus is lurking I'm sure he will approve of my choice of quaff.

@Being, I know better than to drag you screaming into a Mish gig, even after filling you with said brandy. Hopefully, see you in London though.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:@Being, I know better than to drag you screaming into a Mish gig, even after filling you with said brandy. Hopefully, see you in London though.
That were nice ... however, the Saturday show is nearly sold out (no more tickets near stage) ... and I'm still reluctant due to the cost ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

@Being, know what you mean, London is horrific even to us island monkeys. Come to Leeds next time the girls play there, the spare room is yours to do as you will x
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:@Being, know what you mean, London is horrific even to us island monkeys. Come to Leeds next time the girls play there, the spare room is yours to do as you will x
Leeds is even more far away than London, but maybe, one day ... :kiss: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Leeds is so more civilised though lol