2023-09-27. TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht NL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
mh
Above the Chemist

I will call you.

Very loud, good sound. Vocals up in the mix.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
ruffers
Overbomber

Nothing surprising, they're very good.

At the start of Genevieve "Breaking up is hard to do"
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
ruffers
Overbomber

On the beach definitely had some new keyboard parts. Not that Chris was playing them but you know what I mean.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 20:39 Nothing surprising, they're very good.

πŸ˜”
β€œI got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Being645
Above the Chemist

Purple Light wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 21:58

πŸ˜”
So, consequently they kept to the same setlist as in Amsterdam ?
mh
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 22:53

πŸ˜”
No FALAA, but otherwise the same.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 23:10

πŸ˜”
One song less.
mh
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 23:13

One song less.
They started about 10 or 15 minutes later than usual. I'm not familiar with this venue, but I've seen before where a venue has a club night so gigs have to finish earlier, so maybe that was the case here? Or maybe they were just feeling it didn't work well with only Ben's guitar?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you for the info, mh ... :D ...

First videos are turning up , here for example "More" ...

and "Ribbons"...

with lots of thanks, of course to the uploaders ... :D :notworthy: ...
ruffers
Overbomber

So, when Ben did his move to front of stage for guitar solo thing, as he often does, this is the first time I've heard what sounded like fangirl screams of adulation every time

I'm sure I didn't imagine this, and I'm equally sure he was loving it ..
mh
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 11:53 So, when Ben did his move to front of stage for guitar solo thing, as he often does, this is the first time I've heard what sounded like fangirl screams of adulation every time

I'm sure I didn't imagine this, and I'm equally sure he was loving it ..
Yes, there was a group of quite young fans, locals I'd guess, nearby; done up in full goth gear and doing the "cobweb pulling" dance to every single song. Really getting into it.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This sounds terrific :notworthy:
ruffers
Overbomber

mh wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 23:16
Being645 wrote: ↑27 Sep 2023, 23:13

One song less.
They started about 10 or 15 minutes later than usual. I'm not familiar with this venue, but I've seen before where a venue has a club night so gigs have to finish earlier, so maybe that was the case here? Or maybe they were just feeling it didn't work well with only Ben's guitar?
They also didn't pause before the encore and just went straight into Temple, they were up against it time wise I think
Being645
Above the Chemist

OK, thanks a lot. Here's the link to the according SistersWiki page ... :) ... with never-ending thanks to all the uploaders and everyone ... :D :notworthy: ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_27-Sep-2023
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh what a night and once again fantastic gig! :notworthy: :notworthy:
the energy on stage once again excellent you can see von pulling his weight as lead singer and enjoying himself with Ben and they are just doing it.
von had a fag on stage holding onto it unlit and starts looking at us who wants it? didn't see me lift up my hand as i am a smoker and then just curls it at the audience hitting Martin in the face :lol:
was definitely more chatter on stage than in A'dam.
Ben was just doing what he does and love and respect to him. Chris was solid tipped the shades to have a look see which added to Chris being himself.
crowd was more younger generation than what i saw in Paradiso but awesome that they are there..the power of awesome music :wink:
loved hearing the new songs really dynamic hearing live so kudos to Dylan's input to the band. my respect to him will always be bringing in that other dynamic to the band.
singing and dancing to the rest of the older songs sent me to that nostalgic place where i was a teenager again i thought the world was my oyster where one thing was for sure i would go to Europe and see TSOM live and that happened and have been seeing them play live for over a decade and still love them as much now as then.
*bubble burst...
so it was an awesome gig again Paradiso was better but indeed because of the intimate feeling it gives but Utrecht was just as fun.
the finding of you dear friends that mostly don't post on here anymore, was easy and it was awesome catching up with you and the drinks and laughs and sheer enjoyment of a good evening always feels like being around a family from all parts of the world and that within itself is just bliss :notworthy:
to those carrying on the tour have an epic time go with good vibes and energy and you will receive!
thank you to the band :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:
love forever and always πŸ’œπŸ–€πŸ’œπŸ–€ :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@Gothicbiff sweetheart i totally missed you at this gig and Paradiso which is such a shame! really wanted to meet you..oh well next time :wink: hope you enjoyed your stay in the Netherlands.
that ongoing eternity
Gothicbiff

MadameButterfly wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 20:27 @Gothicbiff sweetheart i totally missed you at this gig and Paradiso which is such a shame! really wanted to meet you..oh well next time :wink: hope you enjoyed your stay in the Netherlands.
It would have been so lovely to meet you! Hopefully there will be a next time!!
I had THE most amazing trip. Still can't quite believe I've seen The Sisters at Paradiso and Tivoli. Bucket list ticked for sure 8)
And everyone I encountered was so lovely and helpful :notworthy:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Gothicbiff

So, my first overseas trip to see The Sisters (or any band) was amazing!
Not just for the shows, but for the whole experience. Beautiful cities and lovely people.
The trip took me way out of my comfort zone, and I have @ruffers to thank for being there for me
Fingers crossed there's a next time
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 20:15 oh what a night and once again fantastic gig! :notworthy: :notworthy:
the energy on stage once again excellent you can see von pulling his weight as lead singer and enjoying himself with Ben and they are just doing it.
von had a fag on stage holding onto it unlit and starts looking at us who wants it? didn't see me lift up my hand as i am a smoker and then just curls it at the audience hitting Martin in the face :lol:
was definitely more chatter on stage than in A'dam.
Ben was just doing what he does and love and respect to him. Chris was solid tipped the shades to have a look see which added to Chris being himself.
crowd was more younger generation than what i saw in Paradiso but awesome that they are there..the power of awesome music :wink:
loved hearing the new songs really dynamic hearing live so kudos to Dylan's input to the band. my respect to him will always be bringing in that other dynamic to the band.
singing and dancing to the rest of the older songs sent me to that nostalgic place where i was a teenager again i thought the world was my oyster where one thing was for sure i would go to Europe and see TSOM live and that happened and have been seeing them play live for over a decade and still love them as much now as then.
*bubble burst...
so it was an awesome gig again Paradiso was better but indeed because of the intimate feeling it gives but Utrecht was just as fun.
the finding of you dear friends that mostly don't post on here anymore, was easy and it was awesome catching up with you and the drinks and laughs and sheer enjoyment of a good evening always feels like being around a family from all parts of the world and that within itself is just bliss :notworthy:
to those carrying on the tour have an epic time go with good vibes and energy and you will receive!
thank you to the band :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:
love forever and always πŸ’œπŸ–€πŸ’œπŸ–€ :notworthy:

Love your review Debbie! 😎
β€œI got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
mh
Above the Chemist

Gothicbiff wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 21:04
MadameButterfly wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 20:27 @Gothicbiff sweetheart i totally missed you at this gig and Paradiso which is such a shame! really wanted to meet you..oh well next time :wink: hope you enjoyed your stay in the Netherlands.
I had THE most amazing trip. Still can't quite believe I've seen The Sisters at Paradiso and Tivoli. Bucket list ticked for sure 8)
It's easy to be nice to a nice person. :notworthy:

I was so delighted to see you having such a good time, there's something special about this band and these occasions that brings us all together. I'll never grow tired of this feeling.
Gothicbiff

mh wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 21:46
Gothicbiff wrote: ↑28 Sep 2023, 21:04
It's easy to be nice to a nice person. :notworthy:

I was so delighted to see you having such a good time, there's something special about this band and these occasions that brings us all together. I'll never grow tired of this feeling.
That's so true Michael!
It was lovely to meet you. And your Irishman, Englishman and Scotswoman selfie greatly amused my husband :lol:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

and then this quick one...now sleep...thank f**k it's friday!
that ongoing eternity