Gigs not listed on giglist on Sisters site

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Any thoughts on the poster picture I posted above? Anyone?
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dan
Overbomber

It's possible. In the interview Von says it's a 5 date tour, with 2 dates being the NY Danceteria, and in a later gig he says something like "why dont we tell some leper jokes like we did in Boston". Various dates were guessed at until Robin got in touch with a guy from one of the support bands at NY 15.9.83 and got the recording that's now in circulation. From memory I think Von mentions the days of the week that the 2 Danceteria gigs occur on, and having the date of one allows us to work out the date of the other. I've a feeling the date of Boston and the other 2 dates/venues might have been a total guess, unless the guy who Robin got the tape from remembered some more info, and even then remembering info from so long ago means it might not be 100% accurate.
Now Robin's on the board maybe he'd like to comment.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

> Various dates were guessed at until Robin got in touch with a guy from >one of the support bands at NY 15.9.83 and got the recording that's now >in circulation

this's a untrue legend the Robin told but the NY 83 comes first on ebay
from the guy that recorded it years ago. The happening can confirm this
the-happening

taylor wrote:> Various dates were guessed at until Robin got in touch with a guy from >one of the support bands at NY 15.9.83 and got the recording that's now >in circulation

this's a untrue legend the Robin told but the NY 83 comes first on ebay
from the guy that recorded it years ago. The happening can confirm this
Yes I bought a copy direct from the guy who taped it cost me about $45 if i recall. Happy to trade it for anything unusual though PM me.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Al
Road Kill

I saw a GWR 10716 at glasgow central station today. add that to the list.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Al wrote:I saw a GWR 10716 at glasgow central station today. add that to the list.
:lol: :notworthy:

nice ;)

welcome!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Al wrote:I saw a GWR 10716 at glasgow central station today. add that to the list.
But was it in the classic Middle Chrome Green or slightlty more olive shade? An eye for such detail sorts the anoraks out from the parkas.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Al
Road Kill

Och, didn't detail the shade, the amateur that i am
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

are you sure GWR didn't go up to Scotland, only LMS & LNER. something to do with the gauge :innocent: :innocent:

nice try though

drink?

a flask of warm lemon maybe :wink:
Goths have feelings too
Hojyuu-obi

One more gig to add:

25/8/1983 Groningen, Vera

Also I have a question: in most lists it mentions March 30th 1982 Sisters at F Club, I've seen a poster that advertises Sisters at Tiffany's Merrion Centre in Leeds on the 30th ('Easter Party' w/ Three Johns, Lorries, Expelaires(= ;D )) ... or is that the same thing ? :urff:
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hojyuu-obi wrote:is that the same thing ?
As far as I can find out, the F-club was very much a "movable feast". (i.e. the name of a club-night as opposed to an actual venue.)

I'd imagine that Tiffany's is what later became Ritzy in the Merrion Centre; AFAIK the Phono has always been called the Phono. Not that that means much to you ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'm sure one of our older leeds/ex-leeds residents can confirm but i'm pretty sure mf is correct.

and the phono was the "le phonographique", then "le phono", then "the phono" and now "bar phono". its always been a s**t hole though ;)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:and the phono was the "le phonographique", then "le phono", then "the phono" and now "bar phono"
Well, yes but it's always been called the Phono, by its customers as opposed to its owners.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:and the phono was the "le phonographique", then "le phono", then "the phono" and now "bar phono"
Well, yes but it's always been called the Phono, by its customers as opposed to its owners.
very true :lol: :roll: :D
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:As far as I can find out, the F-club was very much a "movable feast". (i.e. the name of a club-night as opposed to an actual venue.)
Indeed. A friend who used to go told me it started at Brannigans. Not the one that's just shut down on Vicar Lane obviously. I'm not sure where it was then.
markfiend wrote:I'd imagine that Tiffany's is what later became Ritzy in the Merrion Centre;
Yep. Saw the Stranglers there in February 1982.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Dan
Overbomber

Francis wrote:Indeed. A friend who used to go told me it started at Brannigans. Not the one that's just shut down on Vicar Lane obviously. I'm not sure where it was then.
A friend who's band supported the Sisters at Brannigans in 1981 told me it was somewhere near Scrumpys (or maybe it was the same location, I forget).
Francis
Overbomber

Dan wrote:Scrumpys.
Where is/ was that?
Francis
Overbomber

Oh yes, and I see your
Dan wrote:A friend who's band supported the Sisters at Brannigans in 1981
And raise you an "I know someone who knew someone whose sister's boyfriend didn't wash for six months after one of Vicious' zits exploded all over him."

<slaps it down big stylee>
Dan
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Where is/ was that?
I've not been for ages, and not sure I'd be able to find it now. I seem to remember it's hidden away among the block of shops between Briggate & Vicar Lane. Theres a small road among the block of buildings & shops running parallel to Briggate/Vicar Lane, it's on there somewhere.
Last edited by Dan on 16 Jan 2005, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Overbomber

Francis wrote:Oh yes, and I see your
And raise you an "I know someone who knew someone whose sister's boyfriend didn't wash for six months after one of Vicious' zits exploded all over him."

LOL! I also know someone who was gobbed on by Sid Vicious at their final UK gig, Huddersfield Ivanhoes, xmas day 1977.
Francis
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
Francis wrote:Oh yes, and I see your

LOL! I also know someone who was gobbed on by Sid Vicious at their final UK gig, Huddersfield Ivanhoes, xmas day 1977.
Just imagine how much you could sell that for on ebay now if only he'd scraped it off and kept it. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I saw Tones On Tail :roll:
gimme a break, it's my only credible claim to Gothdom, I also saw Six Grown Children (but they were pish)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:
Francis wrote:
Where is/ was that?
I've not been for ages, and not sure I'd be able to find it now. I seem to remember it's hidden away among the block of shops between Briggate & Vicar Lane. Theres a small road among the block of buildings & shops running parallel to Briggate/Vicar Lane, it's on there somewhere.
On the corner opposite the Corn Exchange is a BSM shop, and a Christian shop and stuff. Go down the gap next to the Christian shop. There's a Games Workshop on your right and a material/sewing shop on your left. Scrumpy's is round the corner to the left, behind the material shop. But it isn't called Scrumpy's any more.
—Bertrand Russell
Spiggy's hat

markfiend wrote:
Dan wrote:
Francis wrote: Where is/ was that?
On the corner opposite the Corn Exchange is a BSM shop, and a Christian shop and stuff. Go down the gap next to the Christian shop. There's a Games Workshop on your right and a material/sewing shop on your left. Scrumpy's is round the corner to the left, behind the material shop. But it isn't called Scrumpy's any more.
Not wanting to confuse this thread even further, but..........................

From the above directions/descriptions, was the club in question known as Adam & Eves in the mid 80's?
Give me one good reason
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and is it now the hi-fi club?