Wishlist for the upcoming tour

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
czuczu
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Emma

Blood Money
Poison Door
Nine While Nine
Valentine
Heartland

Nothing post '87, and hoping they'll be better than the last time I saw them.
Most of that's very tasteful (not the no post 87 or Poison Door bits tho :eek: ).

Adding to that I want Marian, Emma & Floorshow back in the set, wouldn't say no to More or Under The Gun either :innocent:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

czuczu wrote: Adding to that I want Marian, Emma & Floorshow back in the set, wouldn't say no to More or Under The Gun either :innocent:
Isn't Marian starting to sound a bit dated now? Don't get me wrong; a fav song (like Alice) but it sounded so much better 84-85. Emma's now morphed into this 'Uptown Top Ranking' nonsense.

Floorshow rocks in any version/gig/world/planet/galaxy. :notworthy:

More? Without the wailing goff backing singers it doesn't work, unfortunately, as his voice isn't strong enough. Same with UTG without the female duet. Ok, UTG has been played (as has More) but it always seems like a "let's get this over as quickly as possible" scenario.

Losheim 93 - Silver Machine with the UTG monologue at the end. 8) :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Seeing Johnny's sig half hidden behind another screen: the cover just has to be Elvis, deffo :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

:eek: No, please not Marian again. We've had it in 2003, and it's a way overrated song, sorry.

Adrenochrome. And Emma, but this time with the correct lyrics - no uptown ranking as I can't stand it. :twisted:

And the Doctor stays IN. :notworthy: :innocent:

Oh, and I liked bushmans idea about the Joy Division cover. Transmission covered by Bauhaus in London the other day really was stonking. WOW. :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

Eva wrote:And the Doktor stays IN. :notworthy: :innocent:
sho' nuff and yes indeed Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Eva wrote: Emma, but this time with the correct lyrics - no uptown ranking as I can't stand it. :twisted:
With you there red-haired Sister. It's baad. A novelty. But bad. :von:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
scotty
Overbomber

Eva wrote:. And Emma, but this time with the correct lyrics - no uptown ranking as I can't stand it. :twisted:
Emma is a classic, the Sisters version is a classic, just listened to it a minute ago on a CD I got from Pat 8) :notworthy: , an absolute classic :von: :von: :von: , it's spine tingling blood chilling genius should NOT be tampered with, END.
I can but agree with Johnny, Marian does sound "Dated", but only when fcuked about with, in it's original form it's a beautiful song :von:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:
Eva wrote:. And Emma, but this time with the correct lyrics - no uptown ranking as I can't stand it. :twisted:
Emma is a classic, the Sisters version is a classic, just listened to it a minute ago on a CD I got from Pat 8) :notworthy: , an absolute classic :von: :von: :von: , it's spine tingling blood chilling genius should NOT be tampered with, END.
I can but agree with Johnny, Marian does sound "Dated", but only when fcuked about with, in it's original form it's a beautiful song :von:
a good stabbing is in order, all round
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
czuczu
Overbomber

They should never have played that Uptown nonsense in the first place - if anything sums up everything that's not right about the Sissies it's that p*ss-poor feeble attempt at a cover, Emma is a totally different matter and is above criticism..

Am I the only one who likes the Gary Numan style Marian? It's only had a couple of outings but I really like it.
James Blast
Banned

haw, haw, hawd oan!
are The Sisters not allowed a bit of humour in their (tired old) set?

I for one, love Emma Goes Uptown, seriously :evil:

and I firmly believe they will be a killer live act on this tour, CC has already proved himself as a 'Riff Master General'. In my books. :D
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: Am I the only one who likes the Gary Numan style Marian? It's only had a couple of outings but I really like it.
Certainly not. It's corking, in much the same way as the rejigged Logic is corking.

Though when all is said and done, I don't reckon it's much use pondering wish-lists and whatnot. They'll play what they always play, by and large. I stopped worrying about setlists after the boring Apollo gig in 97 - The Sisters do what The Sisters do, and when you're down the front it's all utterly bastard groovy. :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'm not even going to go there with the marian thing...it's an awesome song and when i last saw them play it out at blank canvas it sounded great. end of.

but a wishlist...?hmmm:

kiss the carpet.
fix
emma
gimme shelter
heartland.
good things
sister ray/ghostrider /louie louie
you could be the one
9 while 9/driven like the snow.

i'll stop there cos as always happens with these things i'll just end up listing every sisters track ever played....i love them all. can't wait. :von:

edit: oh yeah, anyone who can suggest that the sisters would be improved by a live drummer is missing the point several diferent ways...the doktor stays!! :evil: :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

I will not request any old songs that all of us have in mind, so here you have my covers wishlist:

1) Motörhead
2) Bodies
3) TV Eye
4) Dust Boat
5) Just One Fix
You are very very bad people and you must be punished
Eva

:eek: Marian in Gary Numan style? Never heard of that or am completely unaware of it, but I'm willing to learn. Where is it to be heard?

Oh, wishlist. I've missed the point so far, cause otherwise I'd said what I'm going to say now:

I want FEVER! And yeah, why not RING OF FIRE along with it.... 8) And of course I'll FALAA agree with anybody who shouts for Nine While Nine... :notworthy:

And hey, nothing against Chis Catalyst, he really deserves respect! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: It's just Ben Christo I'm not too sure about, cause a) I'll miss Adam (never missed Chris Starling unfortunately) and b) this BC guy looks far too trendy, too cute, too much like a teenage idol to me.... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
czuczu
Overbomber

Eva wrote::eek: Marian in Gary Numan style? Never heard of that or am completely unaware of it, but I'm willing to learn. Where is it to be heard?
:lol:
You've heard it!
(probably every time they've played it! :innocent: )

It's been a long time since Lights got into the set, would love to hear a sexy update of that.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Seeing Johnny's sig half hidden behind another screen: the cover just has to be Elvis, deffo :lol:
True!
Eva wrote:(never missed Chris Starling unfortunately)
Well, does anyone miss him? I don't care if he was a good guitar player or a great guy, because watching him had nothing to do with entertainment. Sometimes it's good they use so much smoke.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Giving ground

falaa with the proper intro as on the last tour and not the dodgy one we had suffered for a almost a decade

summer OF COURSE!!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Eva wrote:I want FEVER! And yeah, why not RING OF FIRE along with it.... 8) And of course I'll FALAA agree with anybody who shouts for Nine While Nine... :notworthy:
aye! Fever would be very nice... and :von: could totally get away with it. Just like Ring of fire :D

I join Blast in the Uptown top Ranking camp! It really made me lose it that night :innocent:

furthermore...

BURN
Heartland
Possession

and James Ray & The Longfolk as support band 8)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

He should do Uptown Top Ranking, but not with Emma music.

And could you imagine a Sissies version of Rev Rev Lowrider? They gotta speak Spanish. 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

They could start the gig with Driven Like The Snow with very long and new kind of intro (which doesn't mean that the original isn't great :notworthy: ) and maybe it could turn to a medley Driven Like The Snow / War On Drugs. :roll:
do i drive
or am i driven
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

radiojamaica wrote:I join Blast in the Uptown top Ranking camp! It really made me lose it that night :innocent:
But then you're the jamaica-man :lol:

No, you're right, it was great that night, would't mind hearing it again at all :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:haw, haw, hawd oan!
are The Sisters not allowed a bit of humour in their (tired old) set?

I for one, love Emma Goes Uptown, seriously :evil:
Oh good it's not just me then. :) I just about p*ss myself laughing every time I hear it., especially as he get more and more manic at the end. I think it's great, although I can't say I regard it as a proper song. Beats the crap out of Marian though. :innocent:
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

covers:
killed by death (motörhead)
confide in me (kylie)

songs:
one new song!
teachers/adrenochrome medley 7 min.
lights
body electric
heartland
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Eva

radiojamaica wrote:Possession
YES! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

They should start with Kiss The Carpet like they did on a lot of the '82-'83 gigs. The Doktor turned up to eleven, then the guitars start screaming...

Bliss. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell