Reviews of the first gig in Vegas, February 16th

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
dw1200
Road Kill

Okay so here it goes....

Vision Thing.... guitars and drums in synch and levels HOT. Andrews vocals turned way down and the backing vocals to high.... a tribute to 25 years.

Dr Jeep / Detonation Blvd... took a little while to figure this one out. Vocals suck.... can't hear.

Andrew addresses the crowd: "Good Evening"... hey he's in a good mood!!

Ribbons... absolutely kicked ass! Vocals fixed... (for now)

Flood I... really good until approx 30 seconds of mass feedback crushed the second verse.

Crash & Burn... band hitting their stride now... high energy and a great rendition.

On the Wire... picking up speed now... I just wish the asshole behind me would realize this is not a Guns & Roses show.... I didn't catch Teachers but I suppose its possible as I took a moment to drop the guy behind me on his ass. (Note to Concertgoers: Have a good time, dance, jump up and down, thrash around... but when you grab someone by the neck... be prepared for retaliation).

Susanne... vocal problems and feedback

Giving Ground... crowd has mellowed a bit. Thought this was one of the top five songs....

Summer.... boring

Dominion (short version).... picking up speed again. Why do they cut this short?

Will I Dream... cruising

Andrew says something here about husbands and wives but I couldn't make it out.

Alice... hot intro... almost thought it was F&L&A... took a second to realize it was Alice. This was IMO the best song of the concert. Everthing worked well.

Anaconda... nice surprise... wasn't expecting it at all. band was smoking hot now.

Romeo Down.... actually Ben wasn't on Bass.... Both were on six string guitars... one was just tuned down low. (EDIT: On second thought... it was a bass. sorry for the mixup.)

Flood II.... probably the best vocals of the show. Andrew really got into this one.

....... BREAK..............

Andrew says... "Maybe in another 25 years we'll get it together"

Neverland.... definitely a fragment

Lucretia.... another fragment

(here's where I break from the stage setlist.... I'm almost positive there was something else here but I can't recall....)

.......BREAK..............

I Was Wrong.... it's on the setlist but I think there was something different here as well

Temple of Love.... kicked ass.

............break........

First and Last and Always.... one of the best versions I've heard. Left me wanting so much more.

and just like that it was done.... Overall... the show was great and I'm stoked I got to attend. Thanks for reading...
Last edited by dw1200 on 17 Feb 2006, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
dw1200
Road Kill

Jan wrote:Still, questions remain, but I think the answers to them will surface during the day :-) ...

[1] Photos from the gig?
[2] Photos of the new shirt?
[3] Ben assuming Adam's place as the new lead guitarist? Or Chris?
[4] Did Von finally get rid of that beard? ;-)
[5] Significant sound changes, apart from that new "Alice"-Intro?

Jan
1. Photos coming... I did find a guy with a decent camera and he's emailing them to me.

2. No photos of shirt.... basic sisters stuff.... black with merciful release... etc.

3. Both traded off but Ben had a larger stage persona...

4. Clean shaven.... except for the armpits.... started the show in a vintage Chicago Police leather jacket and eventually shed it to reveal a white tank top....

5. Probably not the best guy to answer this one as I have not seen them live in 6 years.... Alice did kick though....

Hope that helps...
dw1200
Road Kill

jenzi-benzi wrote:Does anyone have any proper photos or recordings yet? PLEASE!!!
Uhhh... the shows been over for almost 20 minutes now.... sorry it couldn't be sooner.

rise89 said he will post the recording on Dominion.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

dw1200 wrote: 3. Both traded off but Ben had a larger stage persona...
I'm sure that Chris still is a bit unfit from his recent illness - should be OK after Mexico if he takes it fairly easy! I think it sounds promising that we don't get a too long set, at least not with 51 dates to go! It's not too late to hope for new songs.

And thanks a lot for posting a review today already :D :notworthy:

EDIT: today as in the 16th...in Vegas that is :wink:
Last edited by euphoria on 17 Feb 2006, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Thanks dw1200 :notworthy:

I'm quite curious for the new-intro Alice...

Looks just great by the reading :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nothing new or innovative on the set-list, I hope this is was a warm-up show ;)
dw1200
Road Kill

Glad euphoria mentioned the illness... Andrew did make a reference to it during the show and Chris pulled up his shirt to reveal a bandage.... didn't realize he'd been sick.... the bandage looked to be in the neighborhood of a hernia or appendicitis... am I on track? With this info... I'd have to say that Chris definitely pulled his weight. He danced, bounced and had some searing guitar thrown in for good measure... even took the acoustic for a spin.

Oh yeah... running time of the show was about 1.5 hours
kreuzkapelle
Road Kill

AND WHERE THE f**k WAS HUSSEY???

;D ;D ;D ;D
dw1200
Road Kill

kreuzkapelle wrote:AND WHERE THE f**k WAS HUSSEY???

;D ;D ;D ;D
I did see Wayne giving blowjobs in the bathroom for 5 bucks a pop. He's really cute you know.... :roll:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dw1200 wrote:Glad euphoria mentioned the illness... Andrew did make a reference to it during the show and Chris pulled up his shirt to reveal a bandage.... didn't realize he'd been sick.... the bandage looked to be in the neighborhood of a hernia or appendicitis... am I on track? With this info... I'd have to say that Chris definitely pulled his weight. He danced, bounced and had some searing guitar thrown in for good measure... even took the acoustic for a spin.

Oh yeah... running time of the show was about 1.5 hours
Appendicitis indeed :wink:

Good to hear he coped well...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

They did mention appendicitis. Was it on the official site or just a thread on the forum ? Anyway he did go to hospital.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
randdebiel²

looks quite disappointing, hope it gets better during the tour
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Had a text from Scardypants at 6am this morning saying it was dreadfully disapointing.

That's coming from the big man!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
dw1200
Road Kill

Ed Rhombus wrote:Had a text from Scardypants at 6am this morning saying it was dreadfully disapointing.

The show ended at 10pm local which is 6am next day in UK. I did hear some rumblings from Queen's English speakers that they were not up to snuff.

A couple of guys were really pissed they didn't play Snubnose... I personally would have liked Nine, Floorshow and No Time to Cry. Even though...I don't get many chances to see them so I am happy nonetheless.
jenzi-benzi

dw1200 wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:Does anyone have any proper photos or recordings yet? PLEASE!!!
Uhhh... the shows been over for almost 20 minutes now.... sorry it couldn't be sooner.

SORRy, did not thought about the time zones, sitting here at 9.00 am local time at my desk on work and waiting :kiss:

dominion list, how do get acess to it?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dw1200 wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:Had a text from Scardypants at 6am this morning saying it was dreadfully disapointing.

The show ended at 10pm local which is 6am next day in UK. I did hear some rumblings from Queen's English speakers that they were not up to snuff.

A couple of guys were really pissed they didn't play Snubnose... I personally would have liked Nine, Floorshow and No Time to Cry. Even though...I don't get many chances to see them so I am happy nonetheless.
I think we won't see too much of top nite out anymore, no more 'legendary Mr. Whammy' and all that, y'know :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

.... sounds like always the same and quality hitting rock bottom as has been the case these past few years.

let's hope these changes are yet to come
Immodium for the people
dw1200
Road Kill

dominion list, how do get acess to it?

http://toybox.twisted.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dominion

You can see rise891.....his name is Dan H.... the list is really ancient technology but the regulars do a good job of posting links and stuff for bootlegs and pictures... this is considered to be the "old school" Sisters fan club.... some people get snotty about it like they are special because they've been on Dominion for so long. f 'em.

Oh yeah... be careful when you sign up. This site works by email and will dump an email in your inbox with every post. Go to edit options to set your preferences as soon as you register.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Had a text from Scardypants at 6am this morning saying it was dreadfully disapointing.
That's a real shame for the people who made all that effort to get to LV.

I guess it was the first show of a long tour, Chris has been in hospital and they are under-rehearsed.

I seem to remember the York gig in 2001 having technical problems and a standard setlist, and that was with an established line-up!
_emma_
Overbomber

Well I wouldn't worry too much here.
Much as I like dear Simon :notworthy: , he's the one who once said to me he doesn't like "Slept", so the "dreadfully disappointing" may be again just his personal , not necessarily objective opinion. :P :wink:
Badlander
Overbomber

Nonetheless, no cover AT ALL ?! (except for Teachers, right) :(
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Did we get a Happy Birthday dear Sisters?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh well. Guess there's no new album then. :cry:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dw1200 wrote:

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :lol:

I know how you feel Jens.... :wink:

Seems to be a setlist pretty similar to the last few years.
Short setlist, no new songs, no new cover, no announcement of a new release.... :(

Nevertheless I'm still excited that it all started and that it's coming my way.... :D

About the shirt; was it the regular (new) head and star logo one?
No tourshirt?

Anything about interviews?

Waiting for the next one to arrive....San Diego...
"as we walk on the floodland"
DerKoyote
Road Kill

I want to make an interview with the Sisters, but the tour-manager says that there'll be no interviews at all. :(
life, my friend, is decadence & isolation