Boring Tour > yawn yawn yawn

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

lex3000 wrote:
DoKtor Spiggy wrote:From the reviews so far,this tour appears to be totally drab & lacking invention.
No sell outs,instead,empty venues.
Phoenix did sell out - there was a woman in front of us queueing to try to buy tickets only to be told there were none. Las Vegas and San Diego were close to sold out and very far from empty.

The first three gigs were Ben's first so it's understandable there were no suprises. Instead, they were very solid sets and Ben improved with every show. The setlist was the usual "best of" and I'm sure after 40 or so dates they'll be extremely tight when they hit the UK and wanting to make changes.

Alexander
can't wait until they hit the uk...they should be superb by then...hopefully :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

or very, very tired
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:or very, very tired
Ben was forewarning us of this but I think it was just modesty and nerves on his part. How can you be tired touring with an industrial groove machine like the Sisters? It simply doesn't add up!

Alexander
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
czuczu
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: ...........I seem to remember the person who chatted with Ben & Chris said the songs would have been ready if Chris wouldn't have had to go to the hospital?
:eek:
Songs? Plural?
James Blast
Banned

czuczu wrote:
Obviousman wrote: ...........I seem to remember the person who chatted with Ben & Chris said the songs would have been ready if Chris wouldn't have had to go to the hospital?
Songs? Plural?
Exactly!
he meant to say tunes
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Songs? Plural?
Exactly!
he meant to say tunes
Backing vocalist perchance?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Songs? Plural?
Exactly!
he meant to say tunes
Well, apparently he said songs :eek: Just looked it up (twas from Dominion)
ian morrison wrote:Ben elaborated on the comments he made in
Vegas, stating that they have bits and pieces to about five different new
songs, and it's just a matter of which of them turns into anything
playable in the next couple of weeks.
But I'd rather take it as tunes instead of songs, as you said, James, feel more comfortable saying that :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
czuczu
Overbomber

I remember Ian - nice guy! 8)

5 songs must surely include old songs new to the set.. Or maybe 5 new tunes to chose between for one set of lyrics... :?

Oh, I dunno - sounds promising anyway! :lol:
HalfmanII
Road Kill

Bill Hicks wrote:The main problem with the Smoke and Mirrors tour was the same setlist nearly every night. If you had been following the tour, then you knew exactly which song was coming next. I guess this would not have been an issue before the internet.

I'm just really pleased that they are touring again. Lets hope as the tour continues we get some new songs. :D

I don't have a problem with a band playing the same set every night if that's what they choose to do. Some bands of course would get bored of playing the same set, others just like the groove of playing a familiar set.
I don't believe Eldritch would take into consideration the fact that some fans are travelling around to see several shows when deciding what songs to perform each night.
It's different if they play a couple of nights in the same city then you'd expect some changes I guess.

I used to follow Christian Death around in those heady days of '88 and '89, sometimes they performed an unexpected track but mostly they kept the same set list for each tour. The enjoyment was seeing the band react to a different crows every night, and the chance to see my favourite band on stage.

I don't think Eldritch is forcing anyone to go and see him perform
Last edited by HalfmanII on 25 Feb 2006, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

I hear ya HalfmanII and I liked the Freudian slip on 'crows' :wink:
I see you've been online for a year now, you must come and meet with us MacHeartlanders.

We really don't stab each other, that much. :oops:

Welcome! :D
James
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

HalfmanII wrote:I don't think Eldritch is forcing anyone to go and see him perform
Sure thing, but it can't stop you from voicing an opinion.

As for the rest, set lists have always been pretty stable throughout the years. :von: has never been some kind of Dylan who can play two entirely different sets of songs on consecutive nights.

Still, some more old time numbers would be greatly appreciated. :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

Mr. E could play "two entirely different sets of songs on consecutive nights", he just can't be arsed.

I think we need to wake up, 'cause he ain't going to.
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Boring Thread > yawn yawn yawn

sorr-eeh, couldn't resist ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Mr. E could play "two entirely different sets of songs on consecutive nights", he just can't be arsed.

Yeah, I get your point.

"Can" probably wasn't the right verb to pick. I don't doubt :von: 's ability. It's just that it's always been more or less that way and I don't see any reason to expect any drastic change.
Badlander
Overbomber

I almost forgot : someone mentionned the possibility of songs being finished in the course of the tour, during soundchecks, on tour bus, etc.

It's been done before, for instance by REM. That's the way the Monster (if I'm not mistaken) album went into being. Songs were indeed rehearsed if not completely written during soundchecks. And as they were all played live before the album release, there was no need for a susequent promotionnal tour.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I hear ya HalfmanII and I liked the Freudian slip on 'crows' :wink:
I see you've been online for a year now, you must come and meet with us MacHeartlanders.

James
You've already met him, James, albeit very briefly, before the Bauhaus gig.
John was the guy in the military jacket.
But we shall be less tardy on May 8th.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Erudite wrote:
James Blast wrote:I hear ya HalfmanII and I liked the Freudian slip on 'crows' :wink:

James
You've already met him, James, albeit very briefly, before the Bauhaus gig.
John was the guy in the military jacket.
But we shall be less tardy on May 8th.
Ha! I remember that chap. Hello and welcome 8) .
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

Ocht!
~ Peter Steele
HalfmanII
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Mr. E could play "two entirely different sets of songs on consecutive nights", he just can't be arsed.

I totally agree with you there, Eldritch just doesn't feel the need to experiment performing different sets every night, but that isn't to say he isn't putting anything into his actual performances. Just being on stage again means he has to put some interaction between himself and his audiance.

It's highly possible, as has been stated before, that he and his band will become bored playing some songs the longer the tour goes on, and introduce other songs, or completely new songs. With new members in the band, perhaps he just wants everyone to feel really comfortable with the basic set before making any changes to it.

Myself, I'm holding out for Emma :von: :von:
HalfmanII
Road Kill

We really don't stab each other, that much. :oops:

Welcome! :D
James

I'm afraid of the MacHeartlanders already.

Anyway crows/goths, they are much the same :

Here are some Crow characteristics appropraited from a website
(http://www.zeebyrd.com/corvi29/)

Substitute the word crow with Goths, and you will see the similarities :lol:

Crows are believed to be the most intelligent of all birds. There is very little wonder why they have been revered and worshipped over the centuries.

There is no way to tell by physical appearance alone, as to whether a crow is male or female. Close study of crows in their daily life, especially during nesting season may provide a clue as to sex, however, this is not something that many people will be able to observe.

Crows are black for a very good reason. This is for identification of their own kind. A crow can easily identify another crow in the distance, during the day, because black is very visible during the day.
However, at night, the black coloration helps to protect it from predators. Black is not easily seen during the night, when a crow is most vulnerable.

Crows will eat just about anything. You are bound to find them feasting at fast food restaurant parking lots. They will eat bugs, worms, roadkill, mice, berries, corn, and a variety of other tasty treats

Crows are very social in nature. Interaction with their own kind is extremely important to them.
Male crows will "court" their desired female. The male will fluff his feathers, strut, and fly by, in his attempts to win over the female. Once mated, crows usually mate for life.

Not only will crows defend and protect their own family, but they will come to the aid of unrelated crows in need or distress.

Crows are extremely intelligent, quite possibly the most intelligent of all birds. Their tight family unit is partial evidence of this.
Last edited by HalfmanII on 24 Feb 2006, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy HaveMercy

I want my own personal HalfmanII for my birthday! ;D :notworthy:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

You, HalfmanII, are just weird!
the jacket was a give-away BTW :eek:

and behave IZ, you're supposed to be ill :evil:
Last edited by James Blast on 24 Feb 2006, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:You HalfmanII, are weird!
the jacket was a give-away BTW :eek:

and behave IZ, you're supposed to be ill :evil:
Re-read my previous post.

Now declare, while trying to maintain a straight face, that I'm same and healthy :von:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

so, Front 242 haven't cancelled their tour, yet?
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

HalfmanII wrote:

There is no way to tell by physical appearance alone, as to whether a crow is male or female.
The Male Crow is wider across the Base of the Beak than the Female, this can best be seen when the breeding pair are together and seen through some decent "bin's", though undoubtably intelligent, the Magpie & Raven are the Bamber Gascoigne of the Corvid family, which also includes Rooks, Jackdaws & Choughs in the UK.

And there's no need to be feart fi McHeartladers................well Claire can be a wee bit scary at times :innocent: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"