Winter In July - Heartland 2006 Meet!

Updates on forum status, bug fixes, etc. If there's something new in here its probably a good idea that you read it.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Doktor Gott wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:back to reality.
I think some of us might take longer than others to get back there.... :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy:

speaking of which, how was planet's? ;D

and did you all look after my mate? 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Doktor Gott wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:back to reality.
I think some of us might take longer than others to get back there.... :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy:

speaking of which, how was planet's? ;D
Let's just say it involved a lot of dry ice and things that your local pharmacist probably hasn't even heard of..

Also had a rather charming morning enjoying the sunshine, caning the tia maria coffee to soothe myself and we had the pleasure of a brief visit fro Mr James Ray himself..
Quiff Boy wrote:
and did you all look after my mate? 8)
I'll leave it to Dave to update you on that one... but he did make it back to Manchester in one piece.. I think!
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Unfortunately, we locked Mark in the back garden by mistake. Well, I say we, I really mean Dave...

:lol:

Quality, quality stuff. There's simply too many of you to thank for such a kicking time, but - Dave, for accommodation and resisting the urge to rape me, Zeno, Debs and Josh for fantastic company and laughing at my horrible jokes, Claire for fashion advice, Andrew_S for navigation, Johnny and Sabine for parental approval, Gott for entertainingly large amounts of substance abuse, Scotty for comedy, and Mags for stopping him, Zuma and Mrs. Zuma for yet more vodka and cokes, Ed for being nicer in the flesh than you would have imagined, Weebles for the brilliant shirts, Mr. Ray for being charming breakfast company, Quiffy for m4d 0r6ani2ing sk1llz and Belting Up!, James B for his blunt speaking, the list goes on, know I've forgotten some, I'm so tired and so hot and so sad to be back in this hellhole. I'll post as many pictures as I can this evening.

Heartlanders = Respect. :notworthy:
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:Gott for entertainingly large amounts of substance abuse,

And I was still one of - if not the - freshest on Planet Dave on Sunday morning!

:lol:
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I remember!

Tim: *voice like gargling gravel* Gott...have you...even been...*cough*...to bed yet?

Gott: *bright and tingling like a weathergirl* Oh, Of Course!

:evil: :wink:
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Like Tim says, waaay too many people to pay respect to fer coming :notworthy: Scotty, yer a top geezer... Frances, hugs... Paddy, if Mr. S can do any more dodgy DVDs... :innocent: Could have done with some more Blast action...Emily...Ed...Andrew S, lovely chaps and chappesses all...all of our verra tall continental brethren (whose heads may have been in the clouds for more than just height reasons 8) ( orange is a splendid colour for a HL t-shirt )...Johnny and his understanding missus (and thanks to Jo for sharing :lol: )...the Manc Contingent at t'Mixing Tin.....plus everyone else I was too tired/pished to speak to or remember properly :D

And Planet Dave for showing off his dancefloor moves. Literally :lol:

Just about got over being back home :cry:

Right, when's the next one? :wink:

(Hold it in the depths of January and just call it "Summer" :innocent: )
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

emilystrange wrote:i remember this:
timsinister wrote:nice dress, ems.. would look good on the floor next to my bed
8)

Me and my big mouth. It was supposedly a compliment.
Johnny wrote:I have to compliment Tim for ditching the leather clad Goth Homo Boot look
Thank-you! Everyone else was upset at their absence, but believe me, in that heat? No Go. Plus, as you all point out, they do add to my Homocount. ;D
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:
Johnny wrote:I have to compliment Tim for ditching the leather clad Goth Homo Boot look
Thank-you! Everyone else was upset at their absence, but believe me, in that heat? No Go. Plus, as you all point out, they do add to my Homocount. ;D
But the homocount points that losing the boots deducted, were racked straight back up again by the "Easy Access" button-back coat :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
timsinister wrote:
But the homocount points that losing the boots deducted, were racked straight back up again by the "Easy Access" button-back coat :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

timsinister wrote:
emilystrange wrote:i remember this:
timsinister wrote:nice dress, ems.. would look good on the floor next to my bed
8)

Me and my big mouth. It was supposedly a compliment.
didn't come out quite right, but it was funny watching you trying to backtrack. i myself managed this:
barry, every time i have you in my arms you're hot and sticky
:eek: :oops:
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
James Blast
Banned

It's always a special time when many are gathered in the name of Heartland and as Heather said "everyone else I was too tired/pished to speak to or remember properly", you all contributed to a great experience.

You folks are the only thing that gets me out of bed each day. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

not even to go for a weewee?

but.. yes. tis true.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
James Blast
Banned

emilystrange wrote:not even to go for a weewee?
I don't like to talk about that ems :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Alrighty I said I'd be back :lol: With a slightly bigger review this time :D

Left Antwerp very early on Friday, just missing the train I had planned to get on - which got me just slightly nervous :lol: - but arrived very much in time to catch my plane. Didn't have to worry about a good seat either as there was just 9 of us on there :lol: Smooth flight and all that, perfect 8)

Then there was Leeds, arrived in time, bumped into Debs & Jos, got to meet our lovely host Dave (need another thread to put in enough :notworthy:s just to give him what he deserves :notworthy:), and the weekend had took off :D Met all the lovely people that live at the Planet, had lunch, and a tiny bit later the Forres Taxi arrived, filled up with amazing people :notworthy:

I won't be boring you with everything that happened after, but some highlights of the weekend included (in random order) The Smurphs gig - absolutely marvellous, didn't see that one coming :notworthy: -, drinking with marvellous people at cool pubs, having dinner with them, Francis's tour of Leeds (you're a star :notworthy:) sunrise and sunset in Dave's Acoustic Garden and loads of stuff I'm forgetting right now but will never forget :notworthy:

Special :notworthy:s to everyone who passed by at Planet Dave at any moment in time, to scotty to exchange a regular £20 note for a Scottish one (and having the most amazing accent I've ever heard :notworthy:), Francis for giving us a marvellous tour, Doktor Gott for having enough energy for the lot of us (how the hell do you channel that sat behind a screen and a keyboard man :lol:), James for being a wonderful person, Quiffy for organising all of this, weebles for being great and wearing extremely cool tees, Debs & Jos for being themselves and basically everyone for being there saying hello, having a talk, being great :notworthy: I could just go on and on and on I just can't put it all down in one go :lol:

Oh did I love this weekend ;D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And of course super-extra :notworthy:s for Planet Dave and his family for putting up with us :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

(Hmm, overload :?: :lol:)

PS: I've been promising loads of stuff to loads of people: Please give me a shout will you, my memory and all that :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
sabine
Road Kill

Back in Germany - I just want to say thank you to you all. I had a great time with you and I'm sure that we will see us again.

I agree with JohnnyM who say's:

Johnny M wrote:Top Nite Out. Again. :von:

You Krazee Kids. :notworthy:

I have to compliment Tim for ditching the leather clad Goth Homo Boot look and going for the Eldritch circa 85 look. The hat on it's own might have been questionable but with the Victorian frock coat it was quite stunning. :von: Plus I want one of those 'wallets on a chain'. Mum says 'hallo' btw. :wink:

Yes you realy looked cool!!! And you are fantastic!!! :D

All You Good Good people: Debaser & Jo. Love you both to bits. Top laydeez. Francis, Debs & Jos, Zuma & Cat, Paddy (haircut!), Obviousman, Weebles (Top T-shirt :notworthy: ) and the Planet that is called Dave. 8)

To everyone who made me, and particulary Sabine welcomed, thank you. She now thinks you're all as fucking gorgeous as I already knew you were. The Heartland effect. :kiss:

I hope we don't forget anyone. I enjoyed my time with you. I knew that I would have a cool time with you but it was much more to me. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :kiss:

Oh, and as said before, thanks to The Quiffstar for doing his stuff. :notworthy: :von:

Special thanks to you! You had a lot of work with this hearland - party / meeting and I think everyone had a great time.Love and kisses to you all as always. :kiss:
Sabine :D :D :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Is it Monday? WTF happened just there? :? :? :?: :innocent: :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I wonder ... Is "I'm totally trolleyed" a descriptive expression that occassionally (:lol:) slips into your Manc vocab? :?:

Just checking. :twisted: :innocent: :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yeah, but, it's all their fault. Those bloody bad influence types who stayed over. Swines, the lot of them. :lol: :kiss:

As has been said a fair few times, big cheers and hugs to everyone who was there over the 2 nights and beyond, I'll go into the details later as I've got other stuff on my mind just this minute, but you're all highly lovely. Even, nay especially, those who managed to successfully circumnavigate the 'please don't get trolleyed' request, in the nicest and none-trouble-causingest way possible, of course. :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Helloooo we're home and stoned.

Was that just the best dream I have ever had or was it reality?!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

MadameButterfly wrote:Helloooo we're home and stoned.

no dream Debs, just an abiding memory of a great time

PS. yer gorgeous, it was fantastic to finally meet you :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
moral_void
Road Kill

I'd like to thank everybody I met on Saturday night and Sunday morning, this is Mark the drunk spikey haired mancunian who ended up on the floor on at least one occasion. I had an excellent time, at least the bits I remember, and managed to get home pretty much in one piece, although it took me ninety minutes to find my car in a Leeds backstreet. Cheers to Barry and Jo for babysitting me in the evening and thanks a lot to Dave for locking me in the garden overnight. It was great to meet such a nice bunch of people. cheers...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:

well if you give me until tomorrow i'll get that memory typed up as to everything i can remember...oh dear it might go on forever...

ps. you are an amazing person and i'm so honoured to have met you!
thank you for making it there! :notworthy: :kiss:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:

Aye, just what he said :wink: .
Hope everyone had a safe journey home.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

moral_void wrote:I'd like to thank everybody I met on Saturday night and Sunday morning, this is Mark the drunk spikey haired mancunian who ended up on the floor on at least one occasion. I had an excellent time, at least the bits I remember, and managed to get home pretty much in one piece, although it took me ninety minutes to find my car in a Leeds backstreet. Cheers to Barry and Jo for babysitting me in the evening and thanks a lot to Dave for locking me in the garden overnight. It was great to meet such a nice bunch of people. cheers...
Well, I hate naming names, so I'll just say that it, ahhh, wasn't me who locked you in the garden. :eek: I believe that was a security-based situation. Sorry about that, I suppose the best that can be said is that at least it's a fairly nice garden to sit out in. :?

Anyway, glad you enjoyed yourself Mark :notworthy: , it was a pleasure to help drag your boots (feet attached) out of the taxi. :lol: Shame you had to leave on Sunday, you narrowly missed a rather nice Geordie (not something you hear very often from a Mancunian :lol: ) who was fine company for a Sunday lunchtime. Wish I'd seen Tims face when, whilst reading the JRG article in Heartland 4, looked up to see the singer walking towards him. :lol: :lol: :notworthy: 8)

Ah, while I'm here....

Debs & Jos - stoned already? Debs, really! :wink: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: Glad you're finally home, thank you so much. As Zeno said, for being yourselves. :notworthy:

Zeno - sorry Izzy, but you've got a very able contender. :lol: The only man alive who can lose a pair of huuuge green shoes. :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tim - you got away this time, but we'll meet again. Easy access, oh yes. :wink: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Claire - cheers for the prezzie darling. Very good. F.U.C.K. you too. :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :kiss: Fire-stoker Supreme.

Darryl - I thought I lived on another planet. Yeah right. I'll be wanting that t-shirt back mate, when you've done your thing. :lol: :notworthy: Completely chuffed that you could and did manage to come up, and more chuffed that you had as good a time as you did. Big thanks to Tim for daring to meet you in Leeds.

And to Mark, Keith, Margaret, James B, and James R, glad you all passed through. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

All you other nutters, Derek (love your style, man), Stephen, Dave, Cat (sorry folks, but you DID miss another rather fine night in the Garden :kiss: :twisted: ), Johnny & Sabine (grrrr, getting jealous ;-) )Ness (9? wickets?? 9!!??!! Blimey), Ems, Ed, Andrew, Mark, Paddy, Fat Di, Michael, oh lord, yeah, erm, everyone else...cheers folks, I trust you all had as good a time as I did.

Barry & Jo. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thank you.

Next one is in Belgium apparently. Sounds good to me. :D :notworthy: 8)
Badlander
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: Next one is in Belgium apparently. Sounds good to me. :D :notworthy: 8)
What next one ?! The next HL event ?! :eek: :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you