Guitar tabs of the new songs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ozjohn1
Amphetamine Filth

Hi Husek, thanks for the response. With Ribbons it was the little lead riffs that crop up through the song, and also some of the feedback notes/shrieks that help to keep the song interesting. I have no ear for notes whatsoever and what i came up with for Ribbons was all just chugging. With Crash and burn I have been working off the tab that you recommended and I think I have it almost down. I think the synths just follow the chords more or less but with a kind of walking descend so I am ok there, it is just the lead guitar line through the chorus and the little solo. Again i don't think it is too far away from the chords but just slightly different. If you have any ideas please let me know. and, Ableton, well I think it is better known as simpleton and that suits my musical knowledge and ability pretty well. It serves my purpose of providing a bass and drum line to jam over as well as a fair studio environment for me to record my dodgy little tunes. I tried Cubase and coudn't even get it to make a note and I tried Ablton and had a fairly flawless version of Emma in about twenty minutes so that made up my mind for me :) When i finish the midi I will happily post it, but I work about the same speed as the sisters, so it might be a while after xmas. Cheers
smug as hell, they're coming...
Jim
Slight Overbomber

There used to be a good midi file of 1959 online which I used to learn it on piano.

Afaik it was programmed originally though and never actually played on a piano.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ozjohn1 wrote:Hi Husek, thanks for the response. With Ribbons it was the little lead riffs that crop up through the song, and also some of the feedback notes/shrieks that help to keep the song interesting. I have no ear for notes whatsoever and what i came up with for Ribbons was all just chugging. With Crash and burn I have been working off the tab that you recommended and I think I have it almost down. I think the synths just follow the chords more or less but with a kind of walking descend so I am ok there, it is just the lead guitar line through the chorus and the little solo. Again i don't think it is too far away from the chords but just slightly different. If you have any ideas please let me know. and, Ableton, well I think it is better known as simpleton and that suits my musical knowledge and ability pretty well. It serves my purpose of providing a bass and drum line to jam over as well as a fair studio environment for me to record my dodgy little tunes. I tried Cubase and coudn't even get it to make a note and I tried Ablton and had a fairly flawless version of Emma in about twenty minutes so that made up my mind for me :) When i finish the midi I will happily post it, but I work about the same speed as the sisters, so it might be a while after xmas. Cheers
I see, i'll try the chorus/solo of crash and burn today and i'll try to help you.
Now Ribbons, hmm, that Tabs didn't helped you with it? i can write it on notes (Ex: G-F#-G)

If Ableton fits for you, and you are not the nurse for a million-dollar band, it'll be the best for you.

Jim wrote:There used to be a good midi file of 1959 online which I used to learn it on piano.

Afaik it was programmed originally though and never actually played on a piano.
I'll upload it later, i have two of these good 1959 MIDIs.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

It's wonderful what you're doing here, husek ... ;D :notworthy: ...

So, I've linked this thread to the Wiki now ... :D ...
Husek

Being645 wrote:It's wonderful what you're doing here, husek ... ;D :notworthy: ...

You are welcome.
If you want it, i can start a Tab-archive in the Wiki also.
So the user would be able to choose the tab by song.
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Above the Chemist

Husek wrote:
Being645 wrote:It's wonderful what you're doing here, husek ... ;D :notworthy: ...

You are welcome.
If you want it, do it!!! That were definitely welcome ... ;D ;D ;D ...
only me, hell, I really cannot do it ... I'm busy with those (apparently endless) lots of other things to do there... :lol: ...

I wish anyway, more people found time and pleasure in editing something. It's not very difficult ...
But no, only the spammers create plenty new disgusting pages daily ... (slowly I learn to hate them ... :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff: )
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Husek wrote:@Sita
Well, before anything.
I've asked to Chris Catalyst about 1959 live.
Formspring wrote:
husek wrote: Chris, what if, and only if, the song '1959' be added to Sisters Setlist, did you think it would be a Dok + Von thing, or a different thing with new guitars arrangement, replacing the old piano?. Cheers! Have a Marvelous Xmas and new year fella!
Chris Catalyst wrote:It would be neither of those. It would be Andrew singing it and me playing the piano.
Well done Husek on getting Chris to give a straight answer to a straight question about TSOM. No "You'd have to ask Andrew" or "I'm not going to divulge that here" - just a straight answer. Enough to give you hope that this has definitely been discussed by the two gentlemen in question !
Husek

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Husek wrote:@Sita
Well, before anything.
I've asked to Chris Catalyst about 1959 live.
Formspring wrote:
Well done Husek on getting Chris to give a straight answer to a straight question about TSOM. No "You'd have to ask Andrew" or "I'm not going to divulge that here" - just a straight answer. Enough to give you hope that this has definitely been discussed by the two gentlemen in question !
Haha, thanks, i think it's the first time i've seen a real sisters-answer from Chris.

Being645 wrote:
Husek wrote:

You are welcome.
only me, hell, I really cannot do it ... I'm busy with those (apparently endless) lots of other things to do there... :lol: ...

I wish anyway, more people found time and pleasure in editing something. It's not very difficult ...
But no, only the spammers create plenty new disgusting pages daily ... (slowly I learn to hate them ... :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff: )
Soon i learn where's the 'new page' button at the sisterswiki i'll do it :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Above the Chemist

Husek wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Husek wrote: You are welcome.
Very easy, basically. I guess you want to create a page for each song?
Let me know and I create a category from where you can start ... :wink: ...
Husek

Being645 wrote:
Husek wrote:
Being645 wrote: If you want it, do it!!! That were definitely welcome ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Very easy, basically. I guess you want to create a page for each song?
Let me know and I create a category from where you can start ... :wink: ...
Yep, each song 'll have a page with his tab or chords, (or both) and if they exist a MIDI and the GP file.
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ok, then. I've created a Category: Sisters Tablatures.

You need not write anything in there.
Existing tablatures will be listed here automatically as soon as you add
the formula [[Category: Sisters Tablatures]] somewhere in the page with your tablature of the song.

Secondly, I've created a Page titled Sisters Tablatures,
including alphabetically listed links for most songs. The titles appear in red, because there is no page connected with the links as yet.
You click on one of these links - and there you can create the page by editing it and filling it with content ...
When the page is done, the colour of the link in this list will become blue.
And if you add to above mentioned formula in the page, the song will appear in the category list ...

I have not listed any covers or SSV songs or rare unreleased songs like Burn It Down or Driver and such stuff.

Further questions? You're welcome ... ;D ...
Husek

Being645 wrote:Ok, then. I've created a Category: Sisters Tablatures.

You need not write anything in there.
Existing tablatures will be listed here automatically as soon as you add
the formula [[Category: Sisters Tablatures]] somewhere in the page with your tablature of the song.

Secondly, I've created a Page titled Sisters Tablatures,
including alphabetically listed links for most songs. The titles appear in red, because there is no page connected with the links as yet.
You click on one of these links - and there you can create the page by editing it and filling it with content ...
When the page is done, the colour of the link in this list will become blue.
And if you add to above mentioned formula in the page, the song will appear in the category list ...

I have not listed any covers or SSV songs or rare unreleased songs like Burn It Down or Driver and such stuff.

Further questions? You're welcome ... ;D ...
Thanks! Just added Anaconda(Both Versions).
Monday i'll upload my MIDIS and GP Files, and transcribe 1959 to a ASCII text file.
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hihi ... very cool, Husek ... you've got it ... ;D ;D ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Now I shall place a link to the category on the Tablature page and all's fine ... ;D ...

Oh, that will be great to have tablatures in the Wiki ... millions of thanks for all your heroic efforts ...

;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D
centurionofprix

Then there are some Sisters songs tabbed out on the Songsterr site. I can't tell how accurate they are, but it plays them for you and it might be of use to get a general idea. http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/sisters- ... tabs-a5087
If vampires played music, it would sound like this
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you, centurionofprix ... ;D :notworthy: ...

I've added that link to the General Tablatures Page in the Wiki ... :D ...
centurionofprix

If anyone feels like writing a tab for Gift That Shines, that would be greatly appreaciated. :kiss:
Husek

centurionofprix wrote:If anyone feels like writing a tab for Gift That Shines, that would be greatly appreaciated. :kiss:
I'm working on it :lol: .
I Can't make it fits on the guitar, but it's sounds great on the Piano (don't ask me why).

What i get at the moment:

Intro:

D - C - C - D --- E-F-E-F

I'll appreciate any help on it :lol:

BTW, another song not tabbed til now:

Neverland

Code: Select all

Bass Tab:

G ||------------------------------------|
D ||-----------0h2L--(2)--------------|
A ||0-----0-------------------0--3----|
E ||------------------------------------|

Releat it 3x, than:

E ||---0-----------(0)--------------------|
Project Personal Dok
Husek

If anyone would like to help with Gift That Shines, Here it's the Guitar Pro file and the WAV preview http://gift-that-shines.4shared.com/
I've enabled the upload, so feel free to upload more versions and fixes of it.
Project Personal Dok
centurionofprix

I see Chris isn't being very helpful to you Husek. :lol:

You've probably heard it already, but just in case it's of use, someone has uploaded the RLYL studio version to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJs1b9Ey44
Husek

centurionofprix wrote:I see Chris isn't being very helpful to you Husek. :lol:

You've probably heard it already, but just in case it's of use, someone has uploaded the RLYL studio version to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJs1b9Ey44
well, Actually i knew the original version haha, but thanks!

BTW, i was quite right!
I Was just in front of Chris last night while he played it.
It's Pretty much correct my tab.

D Chord, C (played with a single string), C Chord, E-F (single string too, just one time, all the other sounds that we hear, it's just Delay + Reverb + Chorus)

Also learned Pipeline last night :lol:, it's pretty easy to play it!
soon i get some time, i'll post Pipeline Tabs at the Wiki
Project Personal Dok
centurionofprix

Great! Thank you for your work on these tabs.
Husek

centurionofprix wrote:Great! Thank you for your work on these tabs.
Fella, still interested in Gift That Shines?
I Just figured out that the intro was wrong, actually its:

D (without the e string) - C - Am - D - (At the B String)E-F

Also, the Chorus it's F-A-D (and a quick riff based on F, again at the B string, later i'll try to tab it)
Project Personal Dok
Being645
Above the Chemist

No worries, Husek ... your Sisters tablatures in the Wiki receive plenty views ... ;D :lol: :notworthy: ...
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

What, the Sisters have new songs??

Oh, you mean the songs that were new fifteen years ago?
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Aazhyd wrote:What, the Sisters have new songs??

Oh, you mean the songs that were new fifteen years ago?
Come feel the arms around you ... :lol: