Paying your dues

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

paint it black wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote: More to follow.
when :kiss:
I don't think you're ready for "It's 'Orrible Being in Love (When You're Eight and a Half)" yet.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Being645
Above the Chemist

For those who'd like to know a bit more in detail what the Chairman is talking about .... ... watch carefully .... right 'til the end ... enjoy ... :D ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Chairman Bux (who tried to cover up the fact he was wrong again by writing something humorous) wrote:

I don't think you're ready for an unnecessarily speeded up,mumbled "It's 'Orrible Being in Love (When You're Eight and a Half)" yet.
you do me a disservice Sir. I am ready for anything - whether it's a good use of mine, yours, or anybody else's time - that's a matter for conjecture :wink:
unholyracket
Road Kill

Prescott wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:Are you enjoying the covers so far?

More to follow.
So far we have been treated to a RLYL cover, a Chantay's/Dick Dale/Johnny Thunders cover and a Bowie cover.

What's next?

1. Stooges?
2. Motörhead?
3. The Fall?
4. Pere Ubu?
5. Suicide?
6. Gary Glitter?
7. The Andrews Sisters?
8. Elvis?

Any word on new Sisters songs, such as Far Parade?
Curious you should mention this. I did an interview with VON prior to the Leeds gigs and he said.... and I quote....

Q: There have been many members of the Sisters over the various incarnations. Are we likely to be seeing any old friends as part of the celebrations?

A: No. Yes. We have yet again invited members of Hawkwind and Pere Ubu to suffer alongside us, because those bastards are largely responsible for our existence. We would have hooked up again with Alan Vega, but he's always on Planet Vega. It may be time to play another one of his songs. Mark E. Smith is currently not returning our calls, so we may have to slaughter something of his.

The answer was suitably obscure not to make the final article, but I put it here for the general interest (ps - all of the answers were obscure enough to not make the final article)
aims
Overbomber

Adrenochrome / Safety Dance

You know it makes sense.
sultan2075
Overbomber

How many covers have they played on this tour? I've not paid close attention, but the only ones I can recall off of the top of my head are Pipeline (amazing), Gift That Shines, and John I'm Only Dancing. Have there been others?

I think Roadhouse Blues by the Doors would be a good choice. I could also see them making a monstrous, glorious mess out of In the Coliseum by Tom Waits.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bluebell
Road Kill

China girl from Bowie please. :D
Ya Ive said PLEASE! :notworthy:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Bluebell wrote:China girl from Bowie please. :D
Ya Ive said PLEASE! :notworthy:
i actually like the Iggy Pop version better :)

either way, i don't think eldo can handle it vocally. he'd just end up yelping his way through the 'visions of swastikas...' bit.

my vote goes to Hit The Road Jack - Ben & Chris would have some fun with the backing vocals and i wouldn't mind a bit of light entertainment ;D
Bluebell
Road Kill

LouLou wrote:

my vote goes to Hit The Road Jack - Ben & Chris would have some fun with the backing vocals and..
..with just-above-the-knee-style skirt :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:How many covers have they played on this tour? I've not paid close attention, but the only ones I can recall off of the top of my head are Pipeline (amazing), Gift That Shines, and John I'm Only Dancing. Have there been others?
Giving Ground & Rain From Heaven.
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
aims
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:How many covers have they played on this tour? I've not paid close attention, but the only ones I can recall off of the top of my head are Pipeline (amazing), Gift That Shines, and John I'm Only Dancing. Have there been others?
Giving Ground & Rain From Heaven.
:innocent:
Judging by the copyright notice on the lyrics page, that makes Susanne a Varjak cover :innocent: