Sisters/AE biopic

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote:...and we have our spiggy.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mh
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:...and we have our spiggy.
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Oooh ben whishaw is an inspired choice!
Alright, well, this is the project.

It's called The Damage Done, it's gonna be 10 - 15 minutes long, It's about the formation of the sisters, and the time up till Ben Gunn left.

The first stage of the project is to make a 3-4 minute trailer, just to garner enough interest on the bloody thing.

We've cast Gary and Ben, got our eye on a few people for craig, no idea for andy, we have our claire, and we have our spiggy.
Sounds very positive. Are you basing your Claire on the 2011 photo posted at your request recently in a different thread (when everyone thought you were a stalker rather than a casting agent) ? If so, remember that she was peroxide blonde back in the Gunn era.
rien
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I also second Ben Whishaw (not that I think you'd be able to afford him ;)
All the best for your project, L.A.!
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:Oooh ben whishaw is an inspired choice!
Alright, well, this is the project.

It's called The Damage Done, it's gonna be 10 - 15 minutes long, It's about the formation of the sisters, and the time up till Ben Gunn left.

The first stage of the project is to make a 3-4 minute trailer, just to garner enough interest on the bloody thing.

We've cast Gary and Ben, got our eye on a few people for craig, no idea for andy, we have our claire, and we have our spiggy.
Sounds very positive. Are you basing your Claire on the 2011 photo posted at your request recently in a different thread (when everyone thought you were a stalker rather than a casting agent) ? If so, remember that she was peroxide blonde back in the Gunn era.
yeah, I did come of a little strange, didn't I? :lol:
Urm, well, kinda going on a bit what-I've-heard about her, a picture where she could be seen in the audience of an early gig, and that recent one, yes.

The trouble with finding an andy good enough is the voice. It's such a recognizable thing that we don't want to get it wrong.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: The trouble with finding an andy good enough is the voice. It's such a recognizable thing that we don't want to get it wrong.
Do you meant the speaking voice ? Do they not do "Estuary" as one of the standard regional accents at Drama school anymore ??
LyanvisAberrant

LyanvisAberrant wrote: The trouble with finding an andy good enough is the voice. It's such a recognizable thing that we don't want to get it wrong.
Do you meant the speaking voice ? Do they not do "Estuary" as one of the standard regional accents at Drama school anymore ??
Apparently not where I come from :?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
rien

Firstly, this, and also it should be possible for an actor to listen to a ton of interviews and imitate the guy. I mean, *I* can imitate Andy's idiolect*, and I'm not even British.

*this holds up until someone asks me to prove it, so please don't
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.�
LyanvisAberrant

rien wrote:
Firstly, this, and also it should be possible for an actor to listen to a ton of interviews and imitate the guy. I mean, *I* can imitate Andy's idiolect*, and I'm not even British.

*this holds up until someone asks me to prove it, so please don't
I don't know if they still teach Estuary, I've not been to acting school. I'm a director, sound guy, and producer. :lol:

And yeah, I suppose, but every one that has auditioned has a voice just to high.
LyanvisAberrant

Think we might have found our andy. Isn't that exiting. Anyone mind if I posted progress reports and fact checking here from now on?
Also, for the sake of Telling the single from the Movie, Project name is now "The Damage Is Done" instead.
Would I be able to post pictures of actors to get opinions from the experts? :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Do what you like. It's not as though anyone else ever asks permission. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Wow, seems like a great project!
Wish you the best of luck on doing it!

(But I agree, a totally blown out of perspective version would be hilarious too :D )
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
LyanvisAberrant

Alright, well, this is (could be) our gary. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7157ba570d

Opinions? He's lost weight since this was taken, and has aged a year and a bit :lol: but the same person.
He's 6 foot 6, if that helps.

Edit: and obviously he's gonna shave :lol:
rien

I'll leave the commenting on the suitability of your Gary to the elder members and just put forward that if anyone ever makes a Sisters biopic in the style of I'm Not There, Kristen Stewart would also make a fine Von ;)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/ ... en_Ste.JPG
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Alright, well, this is (could be) our gary. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7157ba570d

Opinions? He's lost weight since this was taken, and has aged a year and a bit :lol: but the same person.
He's 6 foot 6, if that helps.

Edit: and obviously he's gonna shave :lol:
If it goes well and you make a sequel, you could get him to shave his head and he'd be a dead ringer for Chris Catalyst.
The Mentalist
Road Kill

The Mentalist wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:@LyanvisAberrant I don't think anyone realised from your original post that this was an actual project, rather than a theoretical fantasy, hence some of the more flippant answers. Looking forward to seeing the trailer. Will you be using :von: quotes for the voice-over ?
It was the intention to not mention the project, people have a tendency to put me down when I do so I tend not to tell people about it until it's done. Von quotes will be used in the script, probably not going to be using pre recorded stuff though, we just need to find a :von: good enough.
In my (in my dreams) Andrew Eldritch bio pic Kevin Bacon plays Von. I think he could look the part with a bit of make up and I believe he could capture Von's sense of humour. I have a notebook of ideas, I'd be happy to contribute them if you're prepared to make that call to Mr Bacon. :D
If you're in the UK you may have seen Kevin Bacon in his latest ad where he's practising his "INCOMING". Two fingers and a two note rising raspberry to you lot ;D 8)
I lurk therefore I am