March 21: Brussels - second night (Ancienne Belgique)

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thoughts are with all the families and friends affected by the tragic events today.

I was about to board the Eurostar to London when the Gare du Midi was calmly evacuated, back in hotel awaiting to see what happens during today.

I hope you all are safe and get home soon.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sad news.. I hope you are all safe!
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote::eek: :eek: :eek: ... :( :( :( ...
Just heard about things here. I'm still in Brussels, but didn't notice anything, apart from one or two helicopters in the air ...

I really hope and pray and keep all my fingers crossed that everybody is ok.
Gotta leave now.

@euphoria
Where are you now? Maybe I can get you somewhere since I'm here with my car? Directions Germany ... or any other suitable place ...

On the other hand, police is more heard now out here in the city center. I shall go outside and have a talk with the people of Brussels ... :? ... so sad for them.

See you later.
have you heard about Elisabeth? you were with her right the night before?
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Indeed sad news. Sick and tired of idiots causing panic and killing innocent people in the name of organized religion. Hope everyone who went to the gigs is safe..and to those we lost today our heart goes out to family and relatives.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Its so many disenchanted, angry, stupid young men out there, it will affect us for a long time.
My thoughts are with all the people there.
love is just a shot away
bismarck

Awful news...

Happy to hear the fans and band are all safe from this Islamic terror attack.

My thoughts are with everyone in Brussels!
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Husek

Old chorus Anaconda it's back eh? :notworthy:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Both shows were fantastic!!! But Romeo Down on the second night was the absolute highlight for me! Just sad that two nights of total bliss, love and fun amongst us had to end in such a tragedy for Brussels.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

yeah... back again after some heavy few days...

Gigwise, the Sunday one was an absolute stormer! Must have been one of the best of all the AB shows and the crowd/atmosphere was just wild :D :notworthy: A top nite out!!!

The Monday gig was another matter. At least to me. Much more patchy...
there were of course some very nice songs on the setlist (Kiss The Carpet! Romeo Down! Rain From Heaven!) and Romeo Down indeed was a highlight, just like Never Land the night before... 2 songs with live bass :innocent: ,but the crowd/atmosphere was nowhere near the Sunday vibe and the voice was also recovering from the night before I guess. Result: Chris at times much louder as Eldritch and I think that's just wrong.
Maybe I was just too tired after a short night and a day at work and I couldn't help noticing the many mistakes that were played...
Still, a great night was had and a friend of mine joined for what was his very first Sister gig ever. And he said he'll see them again some time so that makes up for it 8)

And then that dreadfull Tuesday morning. I passed the airport by train just after the bombs had gone off. Arrived at Central Station just before that was closed down and when I arrived at the office the news came in about the bombing of the metro station and the lockdown of the city... Pretty soon the texts and messages went in overdrive and luckily everybody seemed to be safe. And then I got the hell out of BruxHell!
in dub we trust
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote: Gigwise, the Sunday one was an absolute stormer! Must have been one of the best of all the AB shows and the crowd/atmosphere was just wild :D :notworthy: A top nite out!!!

The Monday gig was another matter. At least to me. Much more patchy...
there were of course some very nice songs on the setlist (Kiss The Carpet! Romeo Down! Rain From Heaven!) and Romeo Down indeed was a highlight, just like Never Land the night before... 2 songs with live bass :innocent: ,but the crowd/atmosphere was nowhere near the Sunday vibe and the voice was also recovering from the night before I guess. Result: Chris at times much louder as Eldritch and I think that's just wrong.
This is word by word exactly how I also found the gigs in comparison, but as you wrote, might also have to do with me being more tired, or my position rather much out on Ben's side instead of in the middle like the first night. But yeah, I agree totally regarding the voice, the background vocals, and the crowd - although, compared to a gig anywhere outside Belgium, the monday crowd was also brilliant!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

was sleeping when all the s**t went down and only just registered now that there were a lot of us there. really hope everyones ok and of course condolences and love to everyone affected. what a nightmare.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Everyone we know who was in Brussels on the Tuesday morning (and yes there were a lot of us) is OK. Quite a shock to the system and much of that morning was spent checking up on people. If the attacks had taken place later in the day, it might have been a different story. As for the gig itself, it was really good but, unusually, not as good as the first night. For some reason, that was an utter belter and just could not be beat the next night. Still, we had a very different setlist and I enjoyed both nights.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Being645
Above the Chemist

I, personally, enjoyed the Monday gig way more than the one on Sunday. Hell knows why ... something went funny on Sunday, although it was such a lovely day ...
Soundwise none of the two gigs could compare with the clearness of Tilburg. The difference was likewise noticeable with the support band.

Anyway, after all Brussels was a wonderful time with great gigs and lots of utmost lovely meetings and talks ... so glad I was there and greetings to everybody I've met,
street cleaners and other rencounters included. Tuesday morning ... still makes me sad for it's not what this city and its welcoming people should get in return for their kindness ... :( ...
My Dominion

So I have updated my website.

2 evenings and both were great.
Must say that the first evening for me was very difficult to take good photos. The fog, The pit and the light has given a lot of trouble, but after all it worked out well :-)

http://brussels2016.mydominionnl.com/

Also I have put 6 videos online at my YouTube Channel.

Kiss The Carpet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoZe6TdoDi0

Alice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdpjwi ... vxcapTHMj9

No Time To Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvEgWW ... j9&index=4

Marian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-lTSCK ... vxcapTHMj9

Romeo Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgnfmC ... j9&index=2

Rain From Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUGBDS ... vxcapTHMj9

All filmed at the second gig (21-03-2016) from the first row at the left side
For every one that I did meet at de Brussels gigs it was a plessure

While visiting please sign my GUESTBOOK or like it over here.
If you see a photo and you want a copy please send a PM so I can send it to you in the best quality and with watermark just to protect my work.

Thank You !!!
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren