Killing Miranda

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thea
Overbomber

It's like Weaver all over again... :lol:
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

still think that Transgression by Numbers is my fave KM CD :D

was gonna see them at Preston, but the gig gign't happen :( may try and get to Leeds
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Rikky...darling...

are you distancing your self from the goff bands?...not that it isn't unheard of in this forum...but come on...

actually i'm still dissapointed that KM didn't get out to Essex last November for the InsanitoriuM gig...i was actually looking forward to that

oh well... :innocent:[/quote]

Truth is at 32 with my second bambino on the way that I feel divorced from the UK goth scene largely becuase I don't have the energy for it's somewhat byzantine politics and doublethink excercises.

I prefer the european scene because people over there seem to have a more simple relationship with music. That is they like it or they don't. Complex equations of whose mate knows which band seem to have nothing to do with it.

So in a wider sense, yes we can't be bothered to shift the "goth" tag in as far as our own very personal concept of what it means to make the music we like. But the UK goth scene? No thanks. I'm tired of fighting people I've never met and seem to formulate their opinions purely second hand which I think is the worst indication of a persons character possible.
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:discotheque necronomicon? in fairness, that and the recent cover of anaconda are the only KM songs i've heard (that i know of).

i understand they're playing leeds shortly so i may double check the dates and try and pop along - at least then i will have a more informed opinion... i'm not entirely convinced they will be my cup of tea, but i like to think can still tell the difference between a good band and a bad band, regardless of their musical direction :|
I'd try and convince you old son. But I sell enough records not to have to keep begging people to like me I think... ;D

Opinions are opinions. There comes a point when you realise the only one that matters is your own....

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

filthyrikky wrote:I'd try and convince you old son. But I sell enough records not to have to keep begging people to like me I think... ;D

Opinions are opinions. There comes a point when you realise the only one that matters is your own....
indeed, a fair point. but as you also mention:

"I'm tired of fighting people I've never met and seem to formulate their opinions purely second hand which I think is the worst indication of a persons character possible."

i'm just trying to take you at your word & give you the chance to entertain me ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:I'd try and convince you old son. But I sell enough records not to have to keep begging people to like me I think... ;D

indeed, a fair point. but as you also mention:

"I'm tired of fighting people I've never met and seem to formulate their opinions purely second hand which I think is the worst indication of a persons character possible."

i'm just trying to take you at your word & give you the chance to entertain me ;)

I think though I referred to "personal opinions" here. I think a person can have a low opinion of my music and still like me as a person and vice versa. I think I'm largely above caring about what people say about the band, to be honest we've nothign to prove to ourselves anymore so what does it matter ? However I have an instinctive loathing of people on this scene who make snide personal comments about a person they've never met in the flesh.

Hence the backlash reaction to Robs post yesterday.

To be fair it's not escaped my notice that people around a certain band seemed to make a habit of rather unpleasant comments about me and mine. To which I felt justified in pointing out "have you any idea who jealous you look ?".

But I suppose the problem there is ...well I've never met the buggers so I'm falling into my own trap. THIS is what I hate about the scene. To (mis) quote apocalypse now "the s**t builds up so fast you need wings to stay above it".

I invited pariah status so I guess I have to live with it. But I do think people should look to themselves for their motivations in getting personal with a person when they have no true idea of what they're about or even who they are.

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

filthyrikky wrote:I think though I referred to "personal opinions" here. I think a person can have a low opinion of my music and still like me as a person and vice versa.
absolutely. after all, we all love the sisters even though there's a high probablility that von is a nobber ;) :lol:
filthyrikky wrote:I think I'm largely above caring about what people say about the band, to be honest we've nothign to prove to ourselves anymore so what does it matter ?
whilst i know what you are saying, dont fall into the trap of becoming too arrogant. you probably know this already, but if you want to get anywhere (or stay there) then there will always be a portion of the general public who's opinions and view you have to care about. your fans.

otherwise you're in danger of becoming more like von than would be good for you :lol:

i use the "you" in there purely because we are having this discussion. i think the same applies to anyone putting themselves in the public eye and inviting attention.
filthyrikky wrote:However I have an instinctive loathing of people on this scene who make snide personal comments about a person they've never met in the flesh.
its just goths... happens all the time ;D :lol:

but yes, thats a fair enough point. :urff:
filthyrikky wrote:Hence the backlash reaction to Robs post yesterday.
again, fair enough.
filthyrikky wrote:To be fair it's not escaped my notice that people around a certain band seemed to make a habit of rather unpleasant comments about me and mine. To which I felt justified in pointing out "have you any idea who jealous you look ?".
inter-band rivalries are never pretty. people have their opinions, i have mine, but i'm no fan of band wars... its usually in very poor taste and is all so utterly pointless in the end.
filthyrikky wrote:But I suppose the problem there is ...well I've never met the buggers so I'm falling into my own trap.
damned if you do... ;) :lol:
filthyrikky wrote:THIS is what I hate about the scene. To (mis) quote apocalypse now "the s**t builds up so fast you need wings to stay above it".
its a common cry. you aren't the first to say that. didnt porl from rosetta "duck out" of it for the same reason? i seem to remember an interview a couple of years after they split where he basically said what you have there.
filthyrikky wrote:I invited pariah status so I guess I have to live with it. But I do think people should look to themselves for their motivations in getting personal with a person when they have no true idea of what they're about or even who they are.
fair point, but lets face it you are asking an awful lot of most people there. sadly. :|

anyhoo, as you say, you have an established fan base and play gigs in places you like playing gigs. all of which is marvellous, and lets face it if it helps keep a struggling scene on its feet, and maybe even drags ion new interest to keep it fresh and interesting, then that has to be a good thing...

whether i like a band's music or not, if i think it appropriate i will always give credit where its due.

:)
filthyrikky
Road Kill

absolutely. after all, we all love the sisters even though there's a high probablility that von is a nobber ;) :lol:
I empathise with the poor bugger. Thats all.
whilst i know what you are saying, dont fall into the trap of becoming too arrogant. you probably know this already, but if you want to get anywhere (or stay there) then there will always be a portion of the general public who's opinions and view you have to care about. your fans.
I fear that argument. Lets call it the "Inkkubus Sukkubus" argument. Because it's logical conclusion is "well this is what people like so lets stick to it". The idea of which horrifies me. Sitting down and delibrately sticking to a formula in music is somethign I can't relate to. I would hope most KM fans undestand that from the beggining we've wanted to express what we feel without constraint and that we've consistently pronounced disdain on the industry concept of "direction" because we've come to the coclusion / opinion that it's a marketing tool not a creative one.

Ultimately what I would regard as "having contempt for the fan base" would be to lie to them about what we are or what we do.

its just goths... happens all the time ;D :lol:

but yes, thats a fair enough point. :urff:
inter-band rivalries are never pretty. people have their opinions, i have mine, but i'm no fan of band wars... its usually in very poor taste and is all so utterly pointless in the end.
LOL ! Tell me about it. Oddly enough you get beyond a certain point in the industry and it doesn;t really exist anymore. I don't seem to recall PL, The Mish or miriad other "big bands" being bitchy about other bands when we played with em. Honest maybe. But not bitchy.
its a common cry. you aren't the first to say that. didnt porl from rosetta "duck out" of it for the same reason? i seem to remember an interview a couple of years after they split where he basically said what you have there.
To think one day I would empathise with Porl ! Ha ha. "the whirligig of time" eh ? Some might suggest this is the true reason behind the UK scene being so weak when compared to our continental and US cousins.
fair point, but lets face it you are asking an awful lot of most people there. sadly. :|
People who do, it has to be said, have a certain intellectual pretension. One might expect more from a bunch who claim they can quote nietsche at the drop of a hat than "you're fat !" or "you suck".
anyhoo, as you say, you have an established fan base and play gigs in places you like playing gigs. all of which is marvellous, and lets face it if it helps keep a struggling scene on its feet, and maybe even drags ion new interest to keep it fresh and interesting, then that has to be a good thing...

Ahhh...finland...Happy memories. Ahem. Oddly enough there's a great deal more we could do for the UK scene (european and foreign press and promotion contacts just for starters) than we do. But equally oddly it's fair to say we don't feel tremendously indebted of it. ;D

I sometimes wish we could be more magnanimous. But then I read some random band yapping on about "the time they played with us in 1998 and what a bunch of c**ts we were" and it kinda...doesn't..happen....

Adios for now.

filthyrikky
Road Kill

sisxbeforedawn wrote:still think that Transgression by Numbers is my fave KM CD :D

was gonna see them at Preston, but the gig gign't happen :( may try and get to Leeds
TBN is alright. Solid. Predictable I miles prefer consummate. And europe seems to prefer it massively which is what we'd hoped for...

More free holidays ;D

Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

FWIW. I Love Killing Miranda and if band members weren't up their own arses, something would be wrong. I'll give you two fantastic examples.... Von and Hussbag.

Oh and I very much doubt Rob's jealous. He has me as a mate and ace sunglasses!! Read it and weep LOL.
Only a paand.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:FWIW. I Love Killing Miranda and if band members weren't up their own arses, something would be wrong. I'll give you two fantastic examples.... Von and Hussbag.

Oh and I very much doubt Rob's jealous. He has me as a mate and ace sunglasses!! Read it and weep LOL.
Well thats all gone nice and private which is as it should be. I apologise a bit for my annoyance leak. I'm well aware I should be above that. But my relationship with "da goth scene" is a complex beasty and prone to be somewhat unpredictable.

Thea
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote: ace sunglasses!!
You mean the ones he stole? From me? For which he will be harpooned?
:evil:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

filthyrikky wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:FWIW. I Love Killing Miranda and if band members weren't up their own arses, something would be wrong. I'll give you two fantastic examples.... Von and Hussbag.

Well thats all gone nice and private which is as it should be. I apologise a bit for my annoyance leak. I'm well aware I should be above that. But my relationship with "da goth scene" is a complex beasty and prone to be somewhat unpredictable.
Rhombus are better though :twisted:
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

ZZzzzzzz
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:
LOL. No. The ones which I stole from him at the the Crewe gig.
Only a paand.
Thea
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:
LOL. No. The ones which I stole from him at the the Crewe gig.
Wasn't he wearing both t'other night?
That way we're both right and the board will return to a state of peace and love and all that other tie-dyed patchouli-reeking hippy bollocks that happens when I'm not allowed to play with explosives.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:

Rhombus are better though :twisted:
Skinny Puppy are. Maybe Diary of dreams.

Yeah. Thats about it.

:P

R

filthyrikky
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:ZZzzzzzz
Sorry. I didn;t realise this was "woodwork for begginers".

Thea
Overbomber

filthyrikky wrote:Maybe Diary of dreams.
DEFINATLY Diary of Dreams!

What were we talking about again?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ everyone on this thread: :lol: :roll:

now people, let's keep to playful banter, ok? ;)
Thea
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:@ everyone on this thread: :lol: :roll:

that'll be the tie-dyed hippy bollocks i mentioned earlier then! :wink:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Can I have some recognition and big ups please? I wasn't nasty once!
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

<----stops watching topic
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:

Can I have some recognition and big ups please? I wasn't nasty once!
filthyrikky
Road Kill

d00mw0lf wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:Maybe Diary of dreams.
DEFINATLY Diary of Dreams!

What were we talking about again?
http://www.netgoth.org.uk/gothmap/exami ... show=tunes

The band about 2/3rds of the way down the above list...

co incidentally enough...

:wink: