San Diego - House Of Blues - 17th Feb

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

soundengine wrote:2: It is time for a drummer guys. I dont care how legendary Doktor is, its time to bring some life into the drums and the performance. Time to get some room echo, and not just cheap drum beats.
Welcome to my pro-drummer club. There is sure some echo in here...
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

No drummer....the Doc rules and always will.... :twisted:
"as we walk on the floodland"
TheBoyNextDoor

No drummer never ever. It's mainly because of the Doktor we are into this band, right?

Sound technician is almost certainly the Sisters own and will not change from venue to venue. As James Blast says it's a waste of money, energy, time etc. not to bring their own.
scotty
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:No drummer....the Doc rules and always will.... :twisted:
Aye.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
aims
Overbomber

As a drummer, I wholeheartedly agree that the Doktor far surpasses any human being in this particular context. Except maybe Kevin Haskins, but he's taken ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

any recordings yet?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

robertzombie wrote:any recordings yet?
Recordings appear to have been made, but the person recording appears to travel along a bit, so we'll have to be somewhat patient :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

robertzombie wrote:any recordings yet?
As a Sisters fan you have to be patient every once in a while.... :innocent:
robertzombie
Overbomber

okok
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Snub Nose is the best thing Adam did for the Sisters, and it's great that they're keeping it.
War On Drugs too, hopefully.
soundengine
Road Kill

Motz wrote:As a drummer, I wholeheartedly agree that the Doktor far surpasses any human being in this particular context. Except maybe Kevin Haskins, but he's taken ;)
Blech... you guys are crazy.

The Dok needs to die. And I certainly hope most of you dont like the band because of the drums. If thats the case, then you are missing a lot.

I hope someday the sisters will make enough money to pay for a dummer, because that 20 year old box of 80's sounds really leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually, a whole(or mostly) live show would be a whole lot better. but... thats for the rant after they get the drummer.

So, to the rest of you that disagree, in the words of some 13 year old a few posts back, f**k Off.
Silver_Owl
The Don

soundengine wrote:
Motz wrote:As a drummer, I wholeheartedly agree that the Doktor far surpasses any human being in this particular context. Except maybe Kevin Haskins, but he's taken ;)

The Dok needs to die. And I certainly hope most of you dont like the band because of the drums. If thats the case, then you are missing a lot.

I hope someday the sisters will make enough money to pay for a dummer, because that 20 year old box of 80's sounds really leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually, a whole(or mostly) live show would be a whole lot better. but... thats for the rant after they get the drummer.

So, to the rest of you that disagree, in the words of some 13 year old a few posts back, f**k Off.
Dear soundengine

I cannot fathom your attitude here.
Either you are attempting to rile the good people of Heartland or you are a drummer.

Most of us on here love the Sisters and the Doctor is part of the package. I for one don't want that to change. When you say you hope we don't like the band because of the drums. the answer IMO is yes, that is part of the appeal.

If I want a band with a drummer I'll listen to some other group. Perhaps you should if you dislike drum machines so much.

Don't listen to Big Black, The Rose of Avalanche or PWEI either - you'll hate them.

Who didn't listen to the opening beats of Heartland or Valentine for the first time and get a shiver down the spine? Doctor Avalanche is and always will be the spine of the band.

Your entire argument belongs elsewhere (A m*****n forum perhaps :?: ) - you really are wasting your time.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
dw1200
Road Kill

drummer?... nahhhh. The doktor is the demented heart and soul of the band.

A bass player is what I'd like to see. Seriously, the DAT fails miserably during bass driven songs like Lucretia...

Just my two cents...
dw1200
Road Kill

From Dan at Dominion:

Just got to Arizona, again last night was soooo.. great.
Snubnose as an opener was awsome.
AE said something like "There are many colours you can choose this one is called bleek?" I cant remember exactly but something like that into Giving ground.

Andrew spent alot of time on the sides of the stage lighting smokes becouse of the California laws. He was in the best mood I have seen in a long time.

There was a time when Ben and Chris met in the middle of the stage facing each other and it was very Spinal tap AE almost fell over himself laughing on the side of the stage. Dare I say he seems happy.

Chris and Ben were around again before and after the show nice folks.

The fire alarm went off during crash and Burn and Flood 2 strobe lights and sirens (shame it wasnt during Vision thing.) It added a nice touch perhaps they should add it to there set up.

Gotta take a nap now. See you folks tonight! Dan
Doctor E
Road Kill

dw1200 wrote:From Dan at Dominion:

There was a time when Ben and Chris met in the middle of the stage facing each other and it was very Spinal tap AE almost fell over himself laughing on the side of the stage. Dare I say he seems happy.
Hehe. Thanks for the scoop! It seems Eldritch is now prepared to do anything to shed the goth label--including laughing onstage. Brilliant!
Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dw1200 wrote:drummer?... nahhhh. The doktor is the demented heart and soul of the band.

A bass player is what I'd like to see. Seriously, the DAT fails miserably during bass driven songs like Lucretia...

Just my two cents...
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy @ you & Hom
dw1200 wrote:Andrew spent alot of time on the sides of the stage lighting smokes becouse of the California laws. He was in the best mood I have seen in a long time.
So he cannot smoke on stage then :?: Bastards! Von with a smoke on stage is as much part of the act as the mighty doktor!

But indeed it seems he's thoroughly enjoying this, :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Dear soundengine

I cannot fathom your attitude here.
Either you are attempting to rile the good people of Heartland or you are a drummer.

Most of us on here love the Sisters and the Doctor is part of the package. I for one don't want that to change. When you say you hope we don't like the band because of the drums. the answer IMO is yes, that is part of the appeal.

If I want a band with a drummer I'll listen to some other group. Perhaps you should if you dislike drum machines so much.

Don't listen to Big Black, The Rose of Avalanche or PWEI either - you'll hate them.

Who didn't listen to the opening beats of Heartland or Valentine for the first time and get a shiver down the spine? Doctor Avalanche is and always will be the spine of the band.

Your entire argument belongs elsewhere (A m*****n forum perhaps :?: ) - you really are wasting your time.
Aye :notworthy:

And....go somewhere else to tell people to f**ck off!!!
I respect your opinion but I don't respect you making comments like this.
Ocean Moves

soundengine wrote:

If you are witnessing the Sisters live 25 years after their incarnation,
and you've decided that perhaps they are missing a DRUMMER,
then perhaps you might be missing something yourself, matey.
Go watch Metallica at the Super bowl (or whatever).
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

soundengine wrote:

heh, heh -that 13 year-old is nearly 36 and not only has he been a sisters fan for 21 years but has also been a classically trained drummer/percussionist for 25 years, playing in countless orchestras all over the world and even more punk/metal/rock bands than you've had hot dinners. in his opinion it was the sound and feel of the mechanised drums (amongst other things) that set the sisters apart sufficiently to earn his devotion. anything else about him?....oh yeah- he's me. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Talking of drummers, the guy on the front row, right in front of Chris at the Vegas show (NB. NOT the big hairy bastard with the York 20th T on....that was me :wink: ), turned to me and said "I don't believe this s**t. They're not gonna be on for ages yet. The drum kit isn't even set up !" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh how I laughed as the 1st chord of Vision Thing erupted one second later & before I had chance to reply....

Lee
aims
Overbomber

soundengine wrote: Actually, a whole(or mostly) live show would be a whole lot better. but... thats for the rant after they get the drummer.

So should an acappella singing group get backing musicians to make the show better?

Thank you for balancing our lovely open minded community with some contrasting ignorance to remind us what a lovely place, in the main, Heartland is :kiss:
soundengine
Road Kill

whatever... If posting an opposing opinion in the face of a bunch of asslickers is ignorance, then sign me up. It seems to me the ignorant ones are yourselves.

Its really quite ignorant of yourselves to shoot at me because I have an opposing opinion, but If I were on your side saying: "f**k you man, they dont need a drummer!" how many of you would be standing besides me then...

f**king hypocrites.

And you guys that are saying: "Man, this isnt the place for this stuff".

Wrong, I WAS at the San Diego show, I posted my review of it. If you didnt like it, and want to send your negative comments about my opinionated view, AND you didnt attend the show, then I think it is you who are in the wrong forum. Was it too hard to think: "Hmm.. Its his opinion. Ill let that go." No, you have to defend everything the band does. Hell, if the band got a drummer next tour, you guys would suck his dick and say: "The drummer is SOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo great."

Thanks for the warm welcome cocks.
Silver_Owl
The Don

"It ain't what you say it's the way that you say it.
It ain't what you say it's the way that you say it.
It ain't what you say it's the way that you say it.
And that's what gets results.' :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
biggy

soundengine wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome cocks.

You got warm welcome cocks ?

I never even got a card or a chocolate on my pillow when I joined.
stefansonic
Road Kill

Ocean Moves wrote:looks like they are taking it abit easy by doing
(19?) songs...got to give them a break though..its a big tour. (22 songs a night=f**ked voice by the
time they hit europe!@)

snub nose is a great opener IMO
Make him quite cigarettes and alcohol to save his voice, the more songs the better.
Add Body Electric, Emma, and Train and lose Ribbons for the New York show is all I ask...
"I Hear The Roar Of A Big Machine...