all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe it's been printed on black crushed velvet, which probably doesn't scan very well once it's got text on it? Would make a nice package.

I can supply the velvet if needs be! :o)
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

jesus kids, are we talking about the size of the fonts!? because there's nothing new to talk about?

I thought it was meant as 'looking edgy and nasty'. as someone said before: 'offbeat/diy/original/kidnapper's note'. but then done by Warner.

But how can Rhino call it a Merciful Release, as long as that name is owned by AE?
guns & cars & accidents
mh
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:jesus kids, are we talking about the size of the fonts!? because there's nothing new to talk about?
Yup. ;D

Such is the state of affairs in the Sisters camp.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Badlander
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote: But how can Rhino call it a Merciful Release, as long as that name is owned by AE?
As someone said before : if there had been no mention of MR, we'd all be bitching about how disrespectful Warner is. :innocent:
Now if that's a legal issue you better ask Jess. But I guess as long as they pay Von his royalties there's no problem.

Anyway, I'm still not interested in this box set. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Hang onto those 'mispressings' kids ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1

:roll: :lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
mh
Above the Chemist

Mispressed 1st edition of RHINOs expnaded Reissue from 2006
Not interested in the CD, already have one, but I'll give them a fiver for the web page containing a mis-spelt "expanded" from 2007. :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Hang onto those 'mispressings' kids ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1

:roll: :lol:
ebay seller wrote:The sleeve says "VISOIN THING" instead of "VISION THING" on the side.
Is mine the only one that says "Visioin Thing" ??? 8)
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

perhaps they should have liaised with Von to get it right
:lol:
having not been suckered in first time around i will £ this time... if only 'cos it saves me the trouble of recording the vinyl into...and coming out as MP3s after much wrangling
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:
dinky daisy wrote: But how can Rhino call it a Merciful Release, as long as that name is owned by AE?
As someone said before : if there had been no mention of MR, we'd all be bitching about how disrespectful Warner is. :innocent:
Now if that's a legal issue you better ask Jess. But I guess as long as they pay Von his royalties there's no problem.

Anyway, I'm still not interested in this box set. :von:
but who are Rhino?
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

The maffia conductor, lurking at the Palm Tree on Mulholland drive. Creeping through the streets while whispering 'seven shades of shiva rising' and then letting the master harddisk of the new album slipping into the dustbin.
guns & cars & accidents
Badlander
Overbomber

King of Byblos wrote: but who are Rhino?
A reissue-only label and a very good one at that.
And a branch of Warner... :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:The maffia conductor, lurking at the Palm Tree on Mulholland drive. Creeping through the streets while whispering 'seven shades of shiva rising' and then letting the master harddisk of the new album slipping into the dustbin.
:lol:
in our dreams perhaps :(
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Different levels of praise for them from this quarter.

FALAA sounds fantastic and the remastered B's & & 7"s make for a handy way to not have to dig out the vinyl any more. I was so used to the sound of FALAA, bad original mix or not, so this is a double whammy of newness - quality + mix.

FL didn't initially sound as radical but once the volumes cranked and it kicks in it's crispness really works to it's advantage and things like the depth of vocal samples on choral bits shines through.

VT doesn't sound that different to these ears though and I'm thinking it's more of having to do that to put the set out than needing to have work done on it in the first place. I just wish they'd announced the bloody box set earlier - maybe I'll have to buy the remasters for a second time within a month when it comes out in late Feb if the box or possible bonuses are good enough :roll:

On that topic (the cover of the forthcoming box set being a prime example) to me, copyright issues or not, the MR/head logo simply had to stay. They were always an integral part of the covers, especially for the former stuff, and to lose them would have been revisionist in the extreme. A cover is a cover and somewhat set in stone.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Okay... I just jumped in here without reading the other 26 pages of this thread, but I recently nabbed torrents of the first two remasters (I won't say where as not to p*** off the moderators). The last one shall be uploaded soon according to the person sharing these... anyway...

FALAA is a great album, but the remaster does indeed require major improvement. The first five tracks sound like they were dumped into a tin can and shaken around... terrible quality compared to the original (which I discovered I cannot find at my house... presumed lost). The title track was louder then the previous... and the B-Sides even louder! :?

I was so disappointed that over the last few days I've run the entire thing through WaveLabLite. I normalized the volume levels (bringing the louder tracks down to that of the first five tracks), then EQed the tin can tracks into something certainly more worthy of the Sisters work. It's amazing what a little bass gain and a touch of high end did for these tracks! I even raised the volume of those two piano cords at the intro of 'Black Planet'... shame that they were practically silent in the remaster. :(

The other tracks I simply added a touch of EQ to fatten the bass and bring a little sparkle to Doktor Avalanche's high-hat! I didn't really mess with the last track too much... as it's basically a demo. I played it loud through my media player with my standard EQ settings... sounded great... cranked the sub-woofer and it sounded even better! :D

As for the Floodland remaster... excellent!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

DrG
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic