Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Based on the videos I'd say it looks like a great show! So glad to see the positive reviews - the first reactions I read were from Dominion. :urff:
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just got 'round to watching the videos posted. They are really good. Band in a good mood, songs seemed great (Floorshow a bit too short for my taste), funny banter. Crowd looks to be having a blast. Sorry to have missed this one, but a big thank you to those who took the time to post the videos.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

tower wrote:I asked ben when you gonna release an new album then? His reply was we have enough material to do one, andrew loves to record but hates the thought of putting an album out.

Whats thats all about??
Same old story...
"as we walk on the floodland"
deadagain
Banned

Spigel wrote:girls on coke girls on weed girls on coke girls on speed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yes, all a tad adolescent really, which was an odd choice given that the audience demographic was dominated by 30 and 40 somethings.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Absolutely one of the best shows I've been to ever and most definitely the best Sisters show I've been to!
Spigel

deadagain wrote:
Spigel wrote:girls on coke girls on weed girls on coke girls on speed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yes, all a tad adolescent really, which was an odd choice given that the audience demographic was dominated by 30 and 40 somethings.

If I wore that around the house my daughter would have an endless supply of questions and comments and I sure as hell know what my wife would say.
What's really tragic is that there some bell end out there who is bound to have the blurb tattooed .
Still, it's a nice tee.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:
Most "oh crap this can't be happening moment": this morning in TJ's. ;)
Well placed in terms of "crap" I thought.

But it could only happen to you. :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Sounds like an awesome gig - I'm enjoying the videos on youtube.

Just noticed a highly entertaining mistake in Vision Thing - Ben seems to go into a chorus a couple of bars early - ha ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-f1BD4VLY

Check it out at about 1:10 - Von looks entertained.

Still sounds excellent though.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Arrrgh! wrote:Sounds like an awesome gig - I'm enjoying the videos on youtube.

Just noticed a highly entertaining mistake in Vision Thing - Ben seems to go into a chorus a couple of bars early - ha ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-f1BD4VLY

Check it out at about 1:10 - Von looks entertained.

Still sounds excellent though.
try this:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 597#525597
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Arrrgh! wrote: Just noticed a highly entertaining mistake in Vision Thing - Ben seems to go into a chorus a couple of bars early - ha ha!
Ah, I thought someone somewhere was out of synch. Cheers!
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Quiff -- very nice!
Do I drive or am I driven?
hellboy69

Stonking Mr Quiffmeister :notworthy:

And here's another :notworthy: for bananacamel

Takes the edge off not being there. Cheers!
Colin Darklord
Road Kill

Finally slept off shenanigans and woken up clear-headed! :eek: :D

Love all the postings and videos! :notworthy: I only have crap moby photos - blummen forgot my memory card for my camera <sigh> ..

Anyone with pictures at RW or Kelseys? I would love a posterity file?! :) :oops: :lol:
Sita

Brilliant. And the backing vocals - is that Ben and Chris, or you guys? :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i cant really add more to the description of this gig than to echo the above comments. it was a corker 8)

also, it was a pleasure (as ever) to catch up with friends, and also to meet lots of new ones. apologies if i didnt get chance to chat to any of you properly - i kept getting dragged of by other people to say hi... dont think i managed to have anything more than a 30 second chat with many of you :lol: :oops:

also, i'd like to thank "colin" (:lol:) for organising the aftershow venue & tunes. against all odds he managed to secure a room with a bar, a PA system and a serviceable dancefloor i know it wasnt easy, and you did a lot of running around at the last minute, but i'm sure i'm speaking for everyone when i say thank you. it gave us all a place to continue the party afterwards! cheers jez :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

how very marvellous :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

It has to be the best I've seen the Sisters play in about nine years or so.Von was in top form and seemed to be enjoying himself, and as for the set list... :notworthy:

Great to catch up with a few familiar faces and to put names to a couple of others.

The aftershow was... interesting, but the effort not unappreciated! :)
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

What a night, what a gig, what a hangover, still suffering the alcohol equivalent of Jet Lag.

A BIG HELLO to the Heartland types we met before the gig, Quiff, Jo, Hom and Weebles, we really will have to do this again before too long. A truly welcoming bunch of people.

This was the 1st time seeing them since 1984 and to to say they did not let me down would be the understatement of the last 26 years, it definately will not be that long till the next one.

See you all next time.

Just one thing though, next time, maybe a tad more smoke?
CyberAndy
Road Kill

I agree with all the comments ... it was a TOTALLY GREAT GIG :D

I first saw The Girls in '83, was at The Royal Albert Hall and saw them quite a few times after that.
After a particularly DIRE Gig at Rock City in about 2000 I said I'd NEVER go and see them again ...

I held to this until The Forum in 2009, and I had a really good night then.

This time I think was better than that.
As everyone has said, brilliant Set, they all looked like they were really enjoying it, Von was excellent and I thought his voice was good.

AND a great treat getting No Time To Cry + RAIN FROM HEAVEN :D :D :D :D

AND a great 'Girls on smoke' Tee :eek:

My only worry is nobody on here is moaning etc.
Maybe we all just had a mass dream on Tuesday night ... :D

My mate is luckily off to Mera Luna tomorrow ; bring on the 2011 dates !!!!
It's A Black Planet ....
czuczu
Overbomber

Just remembered, there were a couple of people standing behind us with massive telephoto lenses. Was too busy legging it for a Girls shirt after the show to stop and ask what they were going to do with the pics :/
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Leamington Spa, a seaside town without a sea! Brilliant gem of a place and a groovy venue to boot. :notworthy: Steve you lucky man. :kiss:

Fantastic seeing old friends from all over the internetty and meeting new ones to.

The banter as always was top notch, some favourite topics:
  • Soup’n’choonz
    Tim’s slave labour hat
    Trains (on fire)
    Buggery
    Hotel Room Masturbation
    Rain From Heaven
The gig was brilliant, best thing since ’91 for me; the changes to the set list were brilliant. I loved RFH and the low voltage Body Electric.

Me and Steve went downstairs to the official aftershow party, what a strange little place! :eek: :lol:

Good on Colin for sorting out the other aftershow in Leamington, the Eldritch-A-Sketch map was fab!

@Hollylicious audience participation has been a part of the UK goth scene since, well forever. Yes some people don’t like it, generally people further back in the audience and yes I can see their point. Can’t be that bad a thing as the Dawnrazors do it all the bloody time and the Nephilim management give ‘em 5 guest passes to each gig now. Besides it was mostly Heartlanders I could see and they looked like they enjoyed it.
@ribbons69 the tour T with the big 10, looks like a Goff Football strip!
@miprs4 ace video channel
@czuczu great RFH clip and I hope what you said about the surprise entries to the set list being Leamington only aren’t true. Our European contingent need this!
@Maisey it was indeed a top nite out
@bananacamel speedy work sir

Feel a bit deflated now :lol:
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

@Weebles,

So how's the ankle bearing up?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Just a few more reflections having calmed down since Tuesday :)

Probably the best gig I've seen in my five humble years of going to concerts. I know one shouldn't be surprised that they put on a good show (the age old argument of, you pay your money to see a good show is still true in my opinion) but it really was a GREAT show, and after the disappointment of London '06, and the improvements of Leeds/London '09, I was just really pleased and impressed to see the band pull it off big time. I hope this form continues, and if they find that doing less gigs results in better shows then I hope they stick to that regime.
I'm pretty sure the band read this forum, so I hope the excited and praising reviews seen in this thread spur them on to a cracking set of European shows :D

Long live The Sisters Of Mercy :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

weebleswobble wrote:
  • Soup’n’choonz
    Tim’s slave labour hat
    Trains (on fire)
    Buggery
    Hotel Room Masturbation
    Rain From Heaven
Opening the loft hatch and letting the shoes fall out! :lol:
Only Derek could have come up with that one. :notworthy:

"The beast". :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
splintered thing

Thank you so much for these wonderful vids.... I wish I could have been there, it looks fab! Love it, love it, love it!!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sam1

weebleswobble wrote:Leamington Spa, a seaside town without a sea! Brilliant gem of a place and a groovy venue to boot. :notworthy: Steve you lucky man. :kiss:

Fantastic seeing old friends from all over the internetty and meeting new ones to.

The banter as always was top notch, some favourite topics:
  • Soup’n’choonz
    Tim’s slave labour hat
    Trains (on fire)
    Buggery
    Hotel Room Masturbation
    Rain From Heaven
The gig was brilliant, best thing since ’91 for me; the changes to the set list were brilliant. I loved RFH and the low voltage Body Electric.

Me and Steve went downstairs to the official aftershow party, what a strange little place! :eek: :lol:

Good on Colin for sorting out the other aftershow in Leamington, the Eldritch-A-Sketch map was fab!

@Hollylicious audience participation has been a part of the UK goth scene since, well forever. Yes some people don’t like it, generally people further back in the audience and yes I can see their point. Can’t be that bad a thing as the Dawnrazors do it all the bloody time and the Nephilim management give ‘em 5 guest passes to each gig now. Besides it was mostly Heartlanders I could see and they looked like they enjoyed it.
@ribbons69 the tour T with the big 10, looks like a Goff Football strip!
@miprs4 ace video channel
@czuczu great RFH clip and I hope what you said about the surprise entries to the set list being Leamington only aren’t true. Our European contingent need this!
@Maisey it was indeed a top nite out
@bananacamel speedy work sir

Feel a bit deflated now :lol:
Soup’n’choonz deserves a thread all of it's own!

mind you,so does Hotel Room Masturbation(is that what is described as room service?)