MARES VIVAS REVIEW

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

cardoman wrote:
lachert wrote:fragment of flood with terrible sound on youtube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vhL-CPU20Ek

and temple (different shot):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zAbnBSUK0E
someone got to help with the electronics here by dominion...sound engineer?
Probably Von found some important Rosswell stuff...
guns & cars & accidents
James Blast
Banned

that really is a crap avatar d d
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

paint it black wrote:
James Blast wrote:a revitalised Neffilim are playing, just thought I'd mention that
so are you going to that instead, or staying at your mum's
What do you think, I mean I go over to Belgium just to see some dodgey musicians I met on here.
The Mum's place is far nicer and none of that aeroplane 'no smoking, no drinking' nonsense. :D

BTW- glad for you on mini Ez's results

don't hate me, I'm one of the few that actually cares about the legend :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

dtsom wrote:other review whit pics and opinions:

http://blitz.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories& ... ries/28632
The Murphman's all slim, well-dressed class, as usual. \m/ :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

shame his tunes are pish
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek:

:lol:

I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

Y' are talking to the man who has not only championed 'go away white' but actually thinks it is the finest Bauhaus ellpee.
FACT!
and
I mean that most sincerely.
I have many other unpopular thoughts if anyone'd like to hear them... ?
;D
~ Peter Steele
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Cheers for the you tube links and the Crash And Burn download. Smoke and random shouting, now we're talking. People seemed to enjoy themselves watching the clips. Sometimes you just have to be there to really experience The Sisters and not sit in front of your keyboard complaining about the setlist.
I saw the Nephilim at the weekend and they played at least 6 songs from the For Her Light tour when i first saw them. I think The Sisters have changed their setlist around more often than McCoy has and at least with Ben and Chris you get two guys who are being themselves and not trying to dress like Wayne, Gary, Tim etc etc. Unlike the Nephilim. Those boys can play, no doubt about that, but they looked like a bunch of stars in their eyes wannabes.
I'm looking forward to next weekend, i'll have fun regardless of how the band sound. The Sisters are only one part of the day. Don't get wrong i'm no Sisters apologist, the worst gig i ever saw was the last London show. Not only was the sound dreadful, four of my mates were too drunk to get in....and they were on the guest list!

matt..
James Blast
Banned

Next!
~ Peter Steele
Drenchrom

Must increase my post count...
James Blast
Banned

try girth first
~ Peter Steele
Ghost
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Y' are talking to the man who has not only championed 'go away white' but actually thinks it is the finest Bauhaus ellpee.
FACT!
and
I mean that most sincerely.
I have many other unpopular thoughts if anyone'd like to hear them... ?
;D
On a side note, yesterday Peter&Co played Black Stone Heart. IMHO a bit unexpected.
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the reviews & links. After watching the clips of TSOM & Peter Murphy, one question remains. How is it that Peter Murphy still has hair and :von: doesn't? If memory serves me correct, Peter Murphy is a couple of years older and pretty much always had the receding hairline and thin hair. A friend saw him here in the US last week & said he still looks and sounds great. Any theories??

On another nore, a bad Sisters gig is still better than alot of bands around nowadays!
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Must be ze crystals or anything that way...
:von: :urff: :innocent:
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

If by "ze crystals" you mean a certain illegal substance then :von: must be doing the cheap stuff! :lol: I don't know anyone who lost their hair from doing speed or any other drug. Hell, mine grows like crazy!! And I am basically putting it in my system everyday as my fatigue medication is amphetamine salts. I hate to say it, but looking at some of the photos, he reminded me of someone undergoing chemo.
eotunun
Overbomber

Somewhere downstream in this forum there's a post where someone (Sorry for my weak memory, can't remember the thread's name or poster) said the 1985 breakdown had been diabetes related. That's not an illness that comes and goes.
Since I read that bit I started wondering if the amph-myths are just the drugs-part of a very dry joke, delivered with a raised eyebrow, that includes Sex&Rock'n'Roll as well. I doubt that you'd really live long with stuff that throws over a body's metabolism as drastically as does whizz while having to take care of the diabee.
There is shadow under this red rock
lachert
Overbomber

this guy clips are the best. first, last, always:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7AlVVd85L2g

and third version of dominion:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbnQsezLAM
long live rock'n'roll
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

This thread is exactly what i would have expected before the concert. Exactly, with a fn cherry on top.

Rock on, Sisters!
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Pista
Cureboi

Isn't that Harry Hill?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

I'm going to make it short as I'm not in the mood for discussions and another funeral of The Sisters. Either you enjoy their gigs or you don't. It seems that those HLers/Dominion people/usual suspects who were in Porto enjoyed the gig. So did I. It was nothing special, but it rocked.

Von didn't loose his voice. He might have mixed up some lyrics to some songs, but the incident during This Corrosion (or rather, the dodgy performance of the whole song) must have been a technical issue, cause Von went to talk to The Nurse about it. And he obviously wasn't happy with the technicals during the whole gig. There will be some recordings around of this gig sooner or later, and when you listen to them I think you'll find that his voice was fine.

The concert as a whole had something of a warm-up gig, and I think that's due to it being the first this year, and to being in front of a non-Belgian festival audience where one never knows what to expect. The portuguese non-Sisters-fans around me took it well though.

Those of you going to Tienen, don't worry, it will be damn fine.
You can't fix stupid.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

:D
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Spigel

I guess my review wouldn´t be that popular , realistic maybe but popular ,no. :innocent:
As my Mummy would say "If you have nothing postive to say then keep your mouth shut you lanky gob s**t"

Nice sunset though :D :roll:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:that really is a crap avatar d d
i use Paint instead of Photoshop, James.
guns & cars & accidents
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

probably there were tech problems but EVA:

HAVE YOU HEARD FLOOD 2??

may i be wrong but i think his voice wasn´t the best on flood 2(the hight tones were... :innocent: ) and in my opinion or he was a bit ill or the same than barcelona 06

i enjoyed tha show a lot as i wrote. infinite much better than lorca last year

THE ETERNAL QUESTION:

WILL THE SISTERS IMPROVE IF THE SISSIES CHANGE THE SOUNDMAN??

jurgen has so much problems during sisters gig HASN´T HIM??
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:... and to being in front of a non-Belgian festival audience where one never knows what to expect...
:wink:

:notworthy:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.