2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

(posting from the lobby of the Travelodge)

Thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was great to hear More again, and the atmosphere was brilliant (Eldritch pointing the Mic to the audience for some singalongs!).

Had to wuss out shortly after the end of the gig (around midnight) as I was knackered from work/travelling, but hope to stay around later after tonight's gig.

Bought myself a "Girls on..." tshirt - the merchandise guy who sold it me checked out my nametag, then said "just wondered who you were on the forum ... oops, we're not supposed to mention the forum" :)

Right - off to wander round Leeds for a bit now.
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 17 Feb 2011, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
SFraser
Road Kill

A RLYL cover too...man this just gets better and better.

Canny wait for tonight!

This is all taking me back! Cuth, how many times did we see RLYL then?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

And yesterday i was thinking about TSOM - they can be very disappointing, but when they surprise they're do it good. Besides 'more' and two covers it's just re-ordered old worn out setlist, but it's enough for TSOM supporters. :lol: :?
Right now I'm listening 'gift that shines' - this song (original) is damn fine, i hope that :von: didn't screw this.
Last edited by Bartek on 17 Feb 2011, 11:44, edited 2 times in total.
aims
Overbomber

Gift that Shines, for the curious and/or absent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMkSOdM6YfU
czuczu
Overbomber

Drydock, people, firebreathing, cakes, postcards, Space Ritual, Sisters, Arshavin, school disco.
What more could you want? 8)
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

My first Sisters gig since Exxile on Euphoria and they did not disappoint. Andrew was in good voice, although (was it just me?) he sounded louder in the mix in the first few songs. Perhaps his voice just got a bit tired as the set went on. In any case, his voice sounded in good shape and he even made a pretty good job of Flood II. Ben and Chris were very tight.

The 'new' tracks referred to by others were nothing remarkable, although it was nice to hear something different. The new arrangement of More is quite short but, still, it rocks, as indeed it should.

For those interested... the cupcakes were okay although rather too solid and I think I detected a strong hint of cinnamon, of which I am not a great fan.

Yes, someone did something to one of the cupcake girls which caused him to be removed from the building. I didn't see exactly what happened.

I decided to stay for another beer or two after the gig and got talking to one of the older people in the room. I was curious to know when he'd first seen the Sisters and what he made of the night's show. We'd been chatting for a while and then Mr Catalyst turned up and started talking to him. I must have been drunk because I still didn't put two and two together ... it turned out I'd been talking to Chris's dad. Anyway, he introduced me to Chris who (also) seemed like a thoroughly nice fellow.

Then Andrew made an appearance. Walked straight past me at the bar and headed to the other side of the room to pose for pictures with someone and to spend some time with the DJ (Claire). It was the first time I've seen him up close and, as has been said many times before, he is a lot smaller than one might imagine. Still, he undoubtedly has real presence and charisma.

A great night out. I look forward to hearing about tonight's gig and the European dates.
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great gig and really great meeting you all :D

Oh yeah and I met Slade the Leveller whilst he was looking for the smoking area

Gotta go change hotels so see you all again down the Dry Dock this afternoon :twisted: :notworthy:
Last edited by sisxbeforedawn on 17 Feb 2011, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

My head is spinning and the carpet in my room isn't helping! Really enjoyed last night wish I could go again tonight. Nice making some new friends. Highlight for me was being on the front row and Eldritch pointing to me smiling in recognition at our meeting earlier in the day where he commented on my excellent choice of shirtwear. Yep I feel quite smug about that one! Last thing did anybody count how many costume changes the female dancer made for space ritual?
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Fooking bllinder!!!

Still not slept but still buzzing from a seriously rockinng gig!!

Here's to more toinight if I can stay awake.. ;)
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Elystan
Amphetamine Filth

It was awesome. I even enjoyed my cupcake.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

brilliant gig!! the sound was really good(a few feedbacks but really loud sound)

i couldn't believe when I started to hear MORE, It was brilliant

can't wait for today one!!!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

fantastic gig! The atmosphere was electric and people really seemed into it! Hard to pick a highlight but More sounded amazing (so not that hard in hindsight!!!)
First time as well I ever really heard the banter! Great to see :von: picking out faces in the crowd with the occassional point or nod...
Cakes were great & loved the postcards

Aftershow filmic treats were a bit dissapointing - expected something Sisters releated. Music was great though & the electricity that went through the room when :von: got on stage with Claire was palpable!

All in all a top night out (heh heh) although same about the Merch...!

[ Please note: I am available for bland inspid comments on almost all major world events... :) ]
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
mh
Above the Chemist

Just slowly rejoining the land of the living and getting ready to do it all again tonight. Enjoyed that one, lots of pleasant surprises and amazing to meet old faces and new. :notworthy:

Will have some Youtube-style filmic delights for you all when I get home. ;)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
aims
Overbomber

mh wrote:Will have some Youtube-style filmic delights for you all when I get home. ;)
Yay!

Living vicariously for the sake of Russia...:innocent:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Some 'abridged' highlights from last night, full gallery available on photobucket.

Dry Dock, from left to right - Hollylicious, Maisey, robzombie, boudicaa, weebles

NickW and timsinister get LOUD

Natya models the latest cakewear

Eldritch and Christo

When worlds collide

Robzombie on shoulders, during Flood 2. I like this.

The Terminator
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:Just slowly rejoining the land of the living and getting ready to do it all again tonight. Enjoyed that one, lots of pleasant surprises and amazing to meet old faces and new. :notworthy:

Will have some Youtube-style filmic delights for you all when I get home. ;)
You, sir, are quite frankly at this moment, God. :notworthy:
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground
unholyracket
Road Kill

Rise891 wrote:1.Lucretia
2.Ribbons
3.Dr. Jeep/Det blvd
4.No Time To Cry
5.Crash and Burn
6.Marian
7.Body Electric (Slow vers.)
8.Giving Ground
9.Arms
10.Dominion/MR
11.Summer
12.Alice
13.Gift That Shines (RLYL Cover)
14.Susanne
15.Neverland
16.Flood 2
17.More
18.Vision Thing
19.FALAA
20.Pipeline (New inst.)
21.Temple Of Love
Body Electric was an interesting moment. Took a bit of getting into. Think VON knew they were risking it as he commented before and during something like 'They are not feeling it!' (someone may have caught exact words). I guess it is like remaking True Grit. The original was a masterpiece, but the new one wins bunches of Oscars because it is a new take on a masterpiece. Loved the covers.... RLYL who would have guessed. Didn't get down in time for Dry Dock last night, hope to tonight. I want a sticky namebadge!
Drsisters

just woke up. What a f**king night it was yesterday, I was totally exhausted after the gig, pure euphoria :D

After the show I was goin for a smoke downstairs when I suddenly saw a bloke with shaved head, sunglasses and a leather jacket, yeah, it was Andrew alright.

Andrew was in a really good mood chatting with ppl, signing their stuff and posed with em on photos. think he was there for 10mins or something before walking off.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
unholyracket
Road Kill

Miki_Mundi wrote:My head is spinning and the carpet in my room isn't helping! Really enjoyed last night wish I could go again tonight. Nice making some new friends. Highlight for me was being on the front row and Eldritch pointing to me smiling in recognition at our meeting earlier in the day where he commented on my excellent choice of shirtwear. Yep I feel quite smug about that one! Last thing did anybody count how many costume changes the female dancer made for space ritual?
I think she managed to change costume for each song.... Some were combinations. I sort of lost track when she donned the pink plastic nurse outfit which caused me a wobble..... Although that was the last song so should have been able to keep track.
Ania
Road Kill

Seems you all had an amazing time! I am so jealous :-)) 'More' - never had a chance to listen to it live! (I am really tempted to go to Paris now, hopefully the setlist will include this song, but I need to hide all small toys and other risky objects so my little girl cannot get any futher ideas to prevent my plans this time!!) Please continue uploading photos and videos.. And have fun tonight too, folks! :kiss:
sisxbeforedawn

Hotels all changed and now for a kip before it all starts again :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Head sore, chronic heartburn and my left knee has gone wonky. All again to do tonight.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Derr Herr Albert
Road Kill

Where I can find pictures of the concert? Photobucket not find. Thanks!!! I have very envious of you :evil:
originalgoth

I'm glad that you all enjoyed it so much & happy to hear Von was enjoying himself during & after the gig.

Wish I could have been there but couldn't do it in the end.

Thanks for all the reviews & pics, really makes me sad that I missed it & will really miss not being there tonight.

Enjoy tonight & keep the pics coming for those of us that couldn't be there.

I'll be interested to see the postcards, that was a nice touch.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

looking forward to seeing scotty's face tonight when he sees who's coming to the dry dock... :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?