Currently Wearing...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

clothes which are getting bigger on me as each day passes.
another few months and will be digging out the pre twins clothing again.
result!
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Black velvet long sleeved, black pants with pockets on the sides of each thigh. Dark grey socks (never wheres white socks) Black brah and string :oops: :innocent:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic

A gorgeous, deep, rust-coloured streak in my otherwise (partially-bleached) blonde hair. No bleeding pink this time. I'm very pleased. :P
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

My nice red woolly jumper (bit cold here), which will shortly, like the rest of my clothes, be covered in puke, courtesy of the soon-to-arrive baby MrChris.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Big Si
School Bully

Again! 8) :D

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

seems like big si's posts are the only thing keeping this topic intresting :lol:
Big Si
School Bully

ryan_w_0000 wrote:seems like big si's posts are the only thing keeping this topic intresting :lol:
Sycophant! :wink: ;D
SYCOPHANT

What is the origin of sycophant? The only meaning I have is someone who shows a fig.

That's the English translation of the original classical Greek word sukophantes, which comes from sukon, a fig, and phainein, to show. The Greek word meant an informer, or a false accuser, but the association with figs is less than obvious.

One theory has it that it relates to a period when the exportation of figs from ancient Athens was prohibited by law, something we know about from the writings of Plutarch. So the word could refer to somebody who informed on those who broke the law in this way. But there's no evidence and modern scholars dismiss it.

A better explanation is that giving someone the fig is an ancient expression for the obscene gesture of putting the thumb between two fingers. (The word for fig in Greek, Italian, English and other languages has long been a low slang term for the female genitals, from a supposed resemblance.) It could be that the Greek word referred to the action of an informer figuratively (so to speak) giving the fig to the criminals he informed against.

When sycophant first appeared in English in the sixteenth century it had this original meaning of an informer, but quickly moved through a sense of someone who bears tales to a person of higher status to its modern sense. This the big Oxford English Dictionary explains in one of its better definitions as "A mean, servile, cringing, or abject flatterer; a parasite, toady, lickspittle".
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
ryan

well, im sorry for flattering you big si :(

i assure you, it will never happen again :wink: ;D ;D :innocent:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Big Si wrote:
ryan_w_0000 wrote:seems like big si's posts are the only thing keeping this topic intresting :lol:
SYCOPHANT

What is the origin of sycophant? The only meaning I have is someone who shows a fig.

That's the English translation of the original classical Greek word sukophantes, which comes from sukon, a fig, and phainein, to show. The Greek word meant an informer, or a false accuser, but the association with figs is less than obvious.

One theory has it that it relates to a period when the exportation of figs from ancient Athens was prohibited by law, something we know about from the writings of Plutarch. So the word could refer to somebody who informed on those who broke the law in this way. But there's no evidence and modern scholars dismiss it.

A better explanation is that giving someone the fig is an ancient expression for the obscene gesture of putting the thumb between two fingers. (The word for fig in Greek, Italian, English and other languages has long been a low slang term for the female genitals, from a supposed resemblance.) It could be that the Greek word referred to the action of an informer figuratively (so to speak) giving the fig to the criminals he informed against.

When sycophant first appeared in English in the sixteenth century it had this original meaning of an informer, but quickly moved through a sense of someone who bears tales to a person of higher status to its modern sense. This the big Oxford English Dictionary explains in one of its better definitions as "A mean, servile, cringing, or abject flatterer; a parasite, toady, lickspittle".

Doesn't he go on some.... :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.

Snub Nose wrote:.....Corppunk's knickers
;D
Been digging through my trash again, dearie? :roll: :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

Sexygoth wrote:
Big Si wrote:
SYCOPHANT

Doesn't he go on some.... :lol: :lol:
Shut it Possum! :wink: :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Black v-neck t-shirt, black cargos, black docs, black watch, white socks (!), and no knickers, cos Snub Nose won't give them back. :evil:
hallucienate
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:Black v-neck t-shirt, black cargos, black docs, black watch, white socks (!), and no knickers, cos Snub Nose won't give them back. :evil:
I don't think you'll want 'em back after he's finished with 'em :innocent: :urff:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

I am of course wearing Victorian mourning dress and an unfeasibly large hat (see "Kill The King "thread) .

Ooops and Im Gonzoid! 8)
Hell is other people
Big Si
School Bully

Black Dahlia wrote:I am of course wearing Victorian mourning dress and an unfeasibly large hat (see "Kill The King "thread) .

Ooops and Im Gonzoid! 8)
Congrats mistress! :notworthy:

(I'm in butler mode at the moment :roll: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Snub Nose wrote:...just didn't think you were into yellow pants thats all.... roll
Awright, fine, keep 'em. Those were just my house-pants, anyway.

At least now I know to get you a gift voucher for Victoria's Secret on your b-day.
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

SN, this is where I take Mrs de Coverly when I have been a very bad Major.

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/site/
Thea
Overbomber

right now? primark jeans and a tatty black shirt i should have stoped wearing some days ago...

later on i will be wearing my new PVC and fishnet top (too small), the black dress i can't go more than a week without wearing because it looks good with any and everything, plain black fishnets (with holes), pink legwarmers, new rock boots, a spiderweb-lace bow and spangly tiara (from clares) in my hair (backcombed)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

d00mw0lf wrote:right now? primark jeans and a tatty black shirt i should have stoped wearing some days ago...

later on i will be wearing my new PVC and fishnet top (too small), the black dress i can't go more than a week without wearing because it looks good with any and everything, plain black fishnets (with holes), pink legwarmers, new rock boots, a spiderweb-lace bow and spangly tiara (from clares) in my hair (backcombed)
quiet night in then? ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thea
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:right now? primark jeans and a tatty black shirt i should have stoped wearing some days ago...

quiet night in then? ;)
*nod*
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

CorpPunk wrote:
Snub Nose wrote:...just didn't think you were into yellow pants thats all.... roll
Awright, fine, keep 'em. Those were just my house-pants, anyway.

At least now I know to get you a gift voucher for Victoria's Secret on your b-day.
House-pants????? You have going out pants then too I take it??? :eek: :eek:
Only a paand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

@doomwolf-
sounds fantastic!all my stuffs been pushed to the back of my wardrobe from 3 months pregnant upwards.
2 or 3 months from now back goes the tent like attire,out comes the everything else again.

and on the subject of fishnets,i could never get the holes in fishnets thing to work for me,just kept laddering.been searching for a pair of multi-coloured fish nets for ever too,but cant seem to find anything of that ilk anywhere.

currently wearing:
grin and an attitude.
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
randdebiel²

currently wearing:
I've got my suit on! it's razor sharp! get out of my ay! (copyright sheep on drugs...)
well yeah....I've sort of became a yuppie, not by choice..but company policy here is "3-pieced suits" mine is a dark-grey one by Boss....yeah I know...shoot me!
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Big Si
School Bully

randdebiel² wrote:currently wearing:
I've got my suit on! it's razor sharp! get out of my ay! (copyright sheep on drugs...)
well yeah....I've sort of became a yuppie, not by choice..but company policy here is "3-pieced suits" mine is a dark-grey one by Boss....yeah I know...shoot me!
Sounds fonzy to me! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Sexygoth wrote:
CorpPunk wrote: Awright, fine, keep 'em. Those were just my house-pants, anyway.
House-pants????? You have going out pants then too I take it??? :eek: :eek:
Oh yes...depending on where I'm going, and why...

:wink: