Chris Catalyst wants to release new Sisters material

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
hellboy69 wrote: :eek:
... :lol: ... to me it looks rather like an attempt at past-life regression ... :lol: ...

* But hell, hopefully somebody nice on here will let us know what is written in the actual article ... please ...
Their fb site however is all about the TSOM. ;D :von:

https://www.facebook.com/vivelerockworld?fref=photo
Pretty ... ;D ... only I don't see the contradiction there ... :lol: ...
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I hope it's not a kind of memorial issue because the guy from the magazine was very much looking for recent pics of this tour...
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:I hope it's not a kind of memorial issue because the guy from the magazine was very much looking for recent pics of this tour...
Whatever it is, it can only be a good thing after that absolutely great gig in Glasgow
and the other three almost as wonderful gigs @Sonisphere, in Belfast and Dublin ... :kiss: ;D :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hmm... we'll have to wait and see (is it out yet? -i'll check the news agents in town later) but it looks like they're either running a very old interview or it's a lie (theirs/eldritch's) or ....no -we'll wait and see.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sistersvisions

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:hmm... we'll have to wait and see (is it out yet? -i'll check the news agents in town later) but it looks like they're either running a very old interview or it's a lie (theirs/eldritch's) or ....no -we'll wait and see.

WH Smiths is the place to look for it, tescos is supposed to stock it, but ive never seen it in there.
I'm as rare as a wombats wingnut!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:i haven't read the article but i suspect thats a case of a journalist snatching one of eldritch's throwaway/psuedo bragging/bullshit lines from an interview and turning it into a sensationalist headline because he knows sisters fans will lap it up

various band members have said a few times recently that they record stuff, but don't do anything with it

having said that, i'd love to be wrong 8)
That looks exaclty what You said/wrote. Journalist bullcrap and Eldrtich wit (although cheap, but if he doesn't have to flex his brain, so why bother?) to keep that flame up.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Comes out on the 28th :)
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:
markfiend wrote:BTW The stuff about recording costs is a nonsense; Eldo has his own studio.
You made it up right now or it has any ground? i mean, it sounds reaslonable and possible, but it never came up here.
btw. i did some extremely quick research, following words that AE has other source of income, it turned up that he's not even lead his own band (scroll down). :lol:
plus, some extra information for stalkers (but i guess that they already came up into this).
Interesting. The address given in that link is precisely the building I've been led to believe is Mr Eldritch's studio.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: Interesting. The address given in that link is precisely the building I've been led to believe is Mr Eldritch's s̶t̶u̶d̶i̶o̶ T-shirt factory.
FTFY :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

i couldn't find it anywhere in bristol or the leicester/b'ham/bristol stations whsmith's.

interseting link bartek.

Joy

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i couldn't find it anywhere in bristol or the leicester/b'ham/bristol stations whsmith's.

interseting link bartek.
Of course it cannot be found as it will be released on monday (July 28 ).
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i couldn't find it anywhere in bristol or the leicester/b'ham/bristol stations whsmith's.

interseting link bartek.
All I did was just very quick searching after writing phrase: Andrew Harvey Taylor business; and, as far as I remember, it was first result. I believe that stalkers already knew that.
eastmidswhizzkid

Joy wrote:

interseting link bartek.
that would explain it. :oops:

Sita

that would explain it.
:lol: :notworthy:
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Joy wrote:
that would explain it. :oops:
Don't be too embarrassed @EMWK - I went on a similarly fruitless trip to WH Smith's only to find Charlie Harper's gurning face still grinning back at me.
hellboy69

Went to my local snoozeagent & got nada.

Went to Farcebook Sissies fan grope and got this:
Nothing to shake your world - the odd threat of releasing some free material (heard that 15 years ago) and maybe an album. Same old, I'm afraid.
As you were.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

hellboy69 wrote:Went to my local snoozeagent & got nada.

Went to Farcebook Sissies fan grope and got this:
Nothing to shake your world - the odd threat of releasing some free material (heard that 15 years ago) and maybe an album. Same old, I'm afraid.
As you were.
Sissies fan grope? :eek: Where do I go for one of those?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Joy

From FB (best bits)

" Half the article is a Sisters resumé, the other concerns the modern Sisters. Comments on festivals, his preference for the Med and how Leeds is now a "chav town"! The cheek!2

"We do occasionally bang a couple of tracks down and we'll probably get around to releasing some stuff..."

"Is there anything I regret? Yeah, the first album. And that particular week of funny clothes."

"We write as much as ever but we do tend to throw more of it away than we used to."

On new material: "Some of it would have to be released in the traditional album format because some of the stuff hangs together conceptually that way but some of the material would be more suited to one-offs."

"It won't be label-orientated work, we'll just give it away for free because we sell tickets, you know?"

On record companies: "It used to be fun back in the day when it was very pretty secretaries and lots of cocaine. I remember a very long afternoon in Miami that lasted about a week... I'd put it down to sheer bloody mindedness again!"

Favourite Sisters album: "My favourite is the next one."

"We're still rooted in Leeds, the music still comes from Leeds, we still have our headquarters there and that's where we rehearse and that's where we record - that's if and when we do bother to record."

Thx Mark!
hellboy69

stufarq wrote: Sissies fan grope? :eek: Where do I go for one of those?
Fudland :) Just make sure your virus definitions are up to date.

And thanks for sharing Joy :notworthy:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for sharing, @Joy. I'll buy a copy at the weekend. Vive le Rock deserves our support as one of the few mags to feature the Sisters.

For those still craving new Sisters stuff, everyone's favourite remixer (well, mine, at least) Newclochim has added a couple more of his studio remasters of the unreleased live stuff in the past few days :

Romeo Down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJiuZWT1TGQ
(better than the legendary Event Horizon version IMHO)
Still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FopG_VL_2o :notworthy: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Would anyone be a darling & get me a copy of the mag please?
I'll paypal/ transfer the dosh including postage.
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy

Pista wrote:Would anyone be a darling & get me a copy of the mag please?
It can be ordered here:

http://bigcheesemagazineshop.com/index. ... cts_id=166
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, at least a few excerpts ... thanks ... :notworthy: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

so...pretty much something any one of us could have cobbled together without ever having been near the band? * :roll: do they (the magazine) really deserve our £££'s ? (eldritch obviously doesn't want them, except for t-shirts and bums on seats). shouldn't they have pinned them down to something a bit more?

* the exception being "It won't be label-orientated work, we'll just give it away for free because we sell tickets, you know?"
if that's the case, i mean if that's REALLY the case A)where is it? and B) can we not have ALL the new stuff and we'll pledge for it to cover the costs? please? no? oh, ok.....

Pista
Cureboi

Joy wrote:
Pista wrote:Would anyone be a darling & get me a copy of the mag please?
It can be ordered here:

http://bigcheesemagazineshop.com/index. ... cts_id=166
Why, thankee kindly :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity