San Diego - House Of Blues - 17th Feb

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

soundengine wrote:whatever... If posting an opposing opinion in the face of a bunch of asslickers is ignorance, then sign me up. It seems to me the ignorant ones are yourselves.

Its really quite ignorant of yourselves to shoot at me because I have an opposing opinion, but If I were on your side saying: "f**k you man, they dont need a drummer!" how many of you would be standing besides me then...

f**king hypocrites.

And you guys that are saying: "Man, this isnt the place for this stuff".

Wrong, I WAS at the San Diego show, I posted my review of it. If you didnt like it, and want to send your negative comments about my opinionated view, AND you didnt attend the show, then I think it is you who are in the wrong forum. Was it too hard to think: "Hmm.. Its his opinion. Ill let that go." No, you have to defend everything the band does. Hell, if the band got a drummer next tour, you guys would suck his dick and say: "The drummer is SOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo great."

Thanks for the warm welcome cocks.
I'm as happy to hear your views as anyone elses,
but speaking personally I find the idea that
the Sisters "need a drummer" abit ridiculous.
This is because I believe the definition of the Sisters sound
relies on the sound of Andrews voice and the drum machine.

To me, the defining sound of the Sisters is what I love,
and what sets them apart from their contemporaries,
and gives them their uniqueness.

If you are wishing for this to change, then I interpret
that as a desire for a different sounding Sisters all together.

To me, that is the equivilent of hearing the sex pistols,
and then suggesting that they should get singing lessons.
Or hearing Depeche mode, and suggesting that
they should get rid of the keyboards and use accoustic
instruments instead.

I'm not knocking your opinion, but this is my
view point, and I would guess there are others
who feel the same way.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

soundengine wrote:whatever... If posting an opposing opinion in the face of a bunch of asslickers is ignorance, then sign me up. It seems to me the ignorant ones are yourselves.

Its really quite ignorant of yourselves to shoot at me because I have an opposing opinion, but If I were on your side saying: "f**k you man, they dont need a drummer!" how many of you would be standing besides me then...

f**king hypocrites.

Wrong, I WAS at the San Diego show, I posted my review of it. If you didnt like it, and want to send your negative comments about my opinionated view, AND you didnt attend the show, then I think it is you who are in the wrong forum. Was it too hard to think: "Hmm.. Its his opinion. Ill let that go." No, you have to defend everything the band does. Hell, if the band got a drummer next tour, you guys would suck his dick and say: "The drummer is SOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo great."

:lol:

As I said before....the Doc rules and he won't leave... :twisted:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

f**king hypocrites.

well..
i thank you (and your warm welcome cocks) for your 2 cents
but you obviously don't know the sisters at all!
pro'lly this was your verry first time you saw em, and wouldn't care less if it was your last...
we saw the same sh*t after the show in Lokeren last year: comment of ppl who don't know the sisters, they don't see a drummer and they say it's playback cause the sound is amazing and everything is performed so nice and cruel that they can't believe it... comparing the band with groups that are partly inspired by the sisters (rammstein,..)
The doc ( and nurse) are 50% of the Sisters.. take em away and it's not the sisters anymore... you can replace the guitar players, but you can't replace the doc...
hell..next thing we know you'll be asking for a real singer, cause you hate von's voice.. :lol: :lol: (what i'd love to see again though, is a bass player...)
sorry to say that no1 here will share your vision (thingy) cause that's the sisters we all love, and that's the way it is..
you pro'lly though that doc acalanche was the name of the drummer.. :D

so we are NOT arrogant...you just said the wrong things on the best (and biggest) fan board...

and if you wanna flame the authenticity of the sisters, or their performances, plz set up a new tread, cause it's all off topic inhere...
---------------
and plz don't flatter yourself by thinking we give a sh*t what you think or say..cause we just laugh with you, little man..
plz go back to flaming the backstreet boys or whatever band suits a faggot like you best...(i hear they have great DAT tapes for their perfomances) :wink:
now THAT'S arrogance!!
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Ghostrider wrote:

f**king hypocrites.

well..
i thank you (and your warm welcome cocks) for your 2 cents
but you obviously don't know the sisters at all!
pro'lly this was your verry first time you saw em, and wouldn't care less if it was your last...
we saw the same sh*t after the show in Lokeren last year: comment of ppl who don't know the sisters, they don't see a drummer and they say it's playback cause the sound is amazing and everything is performed so nice and cruel that they can't believe it... comparing the band with groups that are partly inspired by the sisters (rammstein,..)
The doc ( and nurse) are 50% of the Sisters.. take em away and it's not the sisters anymore... you can replace the guitar players, but you can't replace the doc...
hell..next thing we know you'll be asking for a real singer, cause you hate von's voice.. :lol: :lol: (what i'd love to see again though, is a bass player...)
sorry to say that no1 here will share your vision (thingy) cause that's the sisters we all love, and that's the way it is..
you pro'lly though that doc acalanche was the name of the drummer.. :D

so we are NOT arrogant...you just said the wrong things on the best (and biggest) fan board...

and if you wanna flame the authenticity of the sisters, or their performances, plz set up a new tread, cause it's all off topic inhere...
---------------
and plz don't flatter yourself by thinking we give a sh*t what you think or say..cause we just laugh with you, little man..
plz go back to flaming the backstreet boys or whatever band suits a faggot like you best...(i hear they have great DAT tapes for their perfomances) :wink:
now THAT'S arrogance!!
:D
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

drummer yes or no? the point simply is about does it sound good or not.

and it does not sound good these days. just compare drumsounds, patterns and effects used until 1985 with those we have since the nineties. they lack power and passion. they are simply the replacement for a (bad and unispired) drummer.

i guess the dicussion should be about that. even the sisters onece were dealing with changing the system - everybody has to do this from time to time. simply becuse to stay good you have to get better and better.

i am a huge fan of the doctor as a main-member of the band, and i want him to stay in the band, but he could change a little.

btw. the quality of discussion in here also needs a kind of update from time to time. and it is time now.
love is just a shot away
soundengine
Road Kill

Or hearing Depeche mode, and suggesting that
they should get rid of the keyboards and use accoustic
instruments instead.
Didnt they do that for Exciter? ;D

Well. There is a Mr. Smarty Pants up there who had a nice well written and intelligent post until he put something in there about Backstreet Boys. Pretty much ruining any 'mature' intelligence I thought he could have had.

Just for the record:
I did enjoy the Sisters Concert. I have seen them before. I like Edritchs voice(even with the chewbacca screams), and I would go again if they were playing here tommorow, or next week, or 5 years from now. Ive probably even been a fan of the band as long as, or longer than some of you. The fact that I love the band doesnt mean that I cant have opinions though about them. I critique every concert I go to, not just jump around with my hands in the air. Thats what musicians do, and im sure and hope some of the other musicians on this board do as well. And like the post above this one, I think the sounds could definately be updated to sound better in the mix.

Going back to Mr. Smarty Pants, you must be more intelligent than you seem by using the BackStreet boys as an attack on me to, then to think I dont love the albums. But you cannot change CD's(un less you are the beatles). The CD's do sound fantastic. The Sisters DO use DATs(brilliant attack though, basically likening Sisters to the Backstreet Boys).

I enjoyed the concert. It was awesome, but like any concert, except Depeche Modes Singles Tour ;D , there is room for improvement.
Ghostrider

i'm glad you somewhat liked my reply.. that shows a small lvl of intelligence on your behalf, although you did not see the sarcasm in my final line... ;) that was just in reply to your mature post from above... ;)

but opinions are like assholes: every1 has one!
unfortunatly, yours had a strange "smell" to it in your first posts... ;)
tooyoung
Road Kill

soundengine wrote: The Sisters DO use DATs
Oh, you didn't imply that at all in your original review, I thought you said the vocals were lost in the mix.

You're only supposed to post about the DATs using your DJ Æternum account. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Oh Behave!
all of you! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i smell a multiple stabbing....
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i smell a multiple stabbing....
Nah!
not tonight anyway...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i smell a multiple stabbing....
Nah!
not tonight anyway...
Shall I, James? :twisted:

This thread is certainly a reminder of why I (on the whole) stick to General chat...

... so I'll be off back there right now, to talk about the price of mince... 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
H. Blackrose

soundengine wrote:well, that is your opinion of course, i just feel like i am listening to Heavy Distorted guitars over Depeche Modes debut 1981 Speak and Spell CD.
You say that as if it were a bad thing!

Seriously - no Doktor, no Sisters. Personally, I think they could replace Eldritch on stage more easily than "that freakin' drum machine". What's James Ray doing these days?
H. Blackrose

dw1200 wrote:There was a time when Ben and Chris met in the middle of the stage facing each other and it was very Spinal tap
I would give anything to see the Sisters cover "Big Bottom". Ben and Chris on twin bass guitars, oh my yes. Or possibly "Tonight We're Gonna Rock It".
soundengine
Road Kill

tooyoung wrote:
soundengine wrote: The Sisters DO use DATs
Oh, you didn't imply that at all in your original review, I thought you said the vocals were lost in the mix.

You're only supposed to post about the DATs using your DJ Æternum account. :lol:
Thats cute, but you got the wrong guy, pal.

Thats fine if you dont believe me though. I just know when people arent playing guitars, they usually dont make strumming sounds.
Ghostrider

damn.. i'm realy starting to think that you are an escaped mental patient or something...

everything go wel after the lobotomy?

or are these words too difficult for you?
SISTERS DON'T PLAYBACK!

maybe listen to some more live stuff before judging like that.. otherwise i might start thinking that you're brain is on DAT aswell.. cause you talk bulls**t mate
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

H. Blackrose wrote:Seriously - no Doktor, no Sisters. Personally, I think they could replace Eldritch on stage more easily than "that freakin' drum machine". What's James Ray doing these days?
clicky :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've already locked one thread with this sh!t on it, I don't want to have to lock another...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Back on topic ...

It was an OK show. I've seen worse; I've seen better. Sound varied depending on where you stood or jumped about. Another average replacement guitarist to support Von's ego, some different lights and a jumbled up set list to give us something 'new'. Smoke and mirrors. :von:

Just another day at the beach really, which considering that's where I spent the rest of my days in Cali, fitted in nicely. And even though we appear to have some bitching Amerikans on this thread I found the locals all very warm and friendly. 8)

Apologises for not making contact with any of my Euro buddies. A combination of traffic problems getting to the gig and an 'unusual' entrance meant we only arrived 5mins before the Sissies set. :roll:

Right, my bodyclock is still on Cali time and I'm fucked so I'm back off to my bed ... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

:kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Good to hear from you and thanks for the (short) review! :D
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Photos online:

www.sisters-pics.de
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Great! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks! :D
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

:von: :notworthy:

sweet...

cheers for those
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

hello john! a (non-inflected) voice of reason. :wink: :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
cyn

Scardwel wrote:I'll be there, and so will Cyn - who's very kindly offered to put me up for the night. :notworthy:
was great to see you :D and you can stay with me anytime you where a awesome house guest 8)
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it