The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Happy National Biccie Day! No Dunking! :evil:
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

We're gonna need a bigger cup of tea.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

What kind of psychopath dunks Jaffa cakes?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

mh wrote: 31 May 2022, 19:53 What kind of psychopath dunks Jaffa cakes?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

But.. But.. But.. It's like dunking Mikado. Or Fig Rolls. Or Garibaldi.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

mh wrote: 31 May 2022, 20:53 But.. But.. But.. It's like dunking Mikado. Or Fig Rolls. Or Garibaldi.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: 28 May 2022, 03:33 Does the action of dunking nullify the calories consumed emilystrange?
Yes. FUCT is very clear on this point. As the act of baptism in some of the less well-established belief systems is symbolic of washing away the sins of the bapitisee, dunking a biscuit serves the same purpose - it washes away the calories. This is why you sometimes find a sort of sludge at the bottom of the mug - these are the calories, the biscuit's sins. Simply rinse out the mug and wash those naughty calories down the drain.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I absolutely agree.
If you're teaching, every break and lunchtime is calorie free. Especially Fridays.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Ok, folks - I think we can close this thread now and turn off the internet. If the NYTimes has twigged to the idea of using kettles then I think it's fair to say that our work here is done.
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh my.
badge
Road Kill

My brain cannot comprehend that headline
ASPERUM AESTIMARE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Jeepers. Modern technology. We should start a kettle thread. Or a teapot threat. Or a tea thread. Tea bag users are almost as bad as dunkers! ;-)
The Chancer Corporation
iesus
Overbomber

You don't use Tea bags? :confused: :eek:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
abridged
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 21:52 You don't use Tea bags? :confused: :eek:
Ah not if I can help it. Much prefer tea leaves. Though it's impossible to get a decent cuppa in Derry where the assumption is that it isn't tea unless it's a tea bag drowned in milk and sugar...
The Chancer Corporation
badge
Road Kill

Real tea! The ceremony. Scalding the pot, adding the water and tea- stew to your hearts content! And best of all, getting your tea leaves read and the end of it all, if you were lucky Down! I'm your basic, no notions, Lyons Tea. Is there a Northern preferred brand or is this as contentious as where your toaster lives in your kitchen!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the cafe across the road has empty tea bags and just fills them with whatever leaves are needed. i was astounded. never seen those.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

badge wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 02:52 Real tea! The ceremony. Scalding the pot, adding the water and tea- stew to your hearts content! And best of all, getting your tea leaves read and the end of it all, if you were lucky Down! I'm your basic, no notions, Lyons Tea. Is there a Northern preferred brand or is this as contentious as where your toaster lives in your kitchen!
Tea is one of the few things that isn't contentious. Well, apart from those of us that want loose leaf Lapsang of a cafe visit...
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:29 the cafe across the road has empty tea bags and just fills them with whatever leaves are needed. i was astounded. never seen those.
That just seems...weird. :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 17:29 the cafe across the road has empty tea bags and just fills them with whatever leaves are needed. i was astounded. never seen those.
I had never come across them until I went to Japan, where they're a Thing. Brought a case of them back with me, they're brilliant. True, not as eco-friendly as a tea-ball or similar, but groovy if you're making "tea" with things other than tea (mint, let's say, or hibiscus).
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it was very practical and am surprised it hasn't been a Thing for longer!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 19:14 it was very practical and am surprised it hasn't been a Thing for longer!
But...but...couldn't they just use a tea strainer or a teapot? As well as a non dunking extremist I'm also a bit of a tea facist! ;-)
The Chancer Corporation
badge
Road Kill

EvilBastard wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 18:18
I had never come across them until I went to Japan, where they're a Thing. Brought a case of them back with me, they're brilliant. True, not as eco-friendly as a tea-ball or similar, but groovy if you're making "tea" with things other than tea (mint, let's say, or hibiscus).
I had to search tea-balls. I had an image of tea, pressed into a small ball, that you dropped into a cup and poured boiling water over. I've never knew that's what those metal things were called, and now that I know, I wonder how I could have thought they could have been called something else.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the pressed tea is possible, somewhere might do it!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 21:36 the pressed tea is possible, somewhere might do it!
Only if they market it under the slogan "Tea Balls - they're t'bollocks".
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

That'll be Yorkshire Tea then :D