Meeting the band?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

maybe "set" isn't the right term to use while commenting on a fellow peeing next to you. he might think you mean his bollocks. :eek:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

davedecay wrote:maybe "set" isn't the right term to use while commenting on a fellow peeing next to you. he might think you mean his bollocks. :eek:
"Great set, sir - and the show wasn't bad either?" :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

EvilBastard wrote:
davedecay wrote:maybe "set" isn't the right term to use while commenting on a fellow peeing next to you. he might think you mean his bollocks. :eek:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Especially as most of us would have to look down almost certainly when standing next to him :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: Especially as most of us would have to look down almost certainly when standing next to him :D
I understand that it is the function of the most junior member of the band to follow him everwhere with a stepladder and a smokemachine so that when he needs to take a pee in a public convenience he can do it from a greater height than mere mortals. This maybe why he has turnover in the line-up - perhaps Andreas finally decided that being :von:'s Official Pee Ladder Operator wasn't a career that he wanted to pursue..?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Especially as most of us would have to look down almost certainly when standing next to him :D
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

I wonder what the answer would be..... :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
HVDM
Road Kill

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Eldritch and Miss Detroit outside the State Theatre in Detroit after '99 To the Planets Edge show. My cousin and I saw the tour bus parked on the side of the theatre after the show. We retrieved a couple of beers from the car parked in the same lot and proceeded to mill about by the side door. Soon enough Tube, the opening act, came out and we chatted him up for while. A short time later, guess who comes swaggering out with his arm around a lovely brunette. Sans shads, wearing eyeglasses and smile... make that a smirk and strolled over to us. Had a handshake, got introduced to Miss D., and had about 5 minutes of chit chat. What stands out was when I asked him when we might see him again and he says somehting to the effect of "maybe soon now that we're living here...". Also I asked him when we might see a new album not thinking how much he must get that question. He laughed and said something like "here we go again". I said "I know but I had to ask". I ended it with "Thanks for the entartainment" and his reply was "That's what we're here for" and we strolled off. Funny we didn't even think about asking for an autograph, wish I had but you probably get farther if you don't. He was very nice and utterly cool. Topped off a fun night very nicely. I'm gonna try to say hi again after the Detroit show on the March 13th... and I will ask again about a new album. :wink:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

HVDM wrote: ... and I will ask again about a new album. :wink:
You'll get the same answer. :wink: :lol:

Nice story, and you may be right, speaking to him like a human being as opposed to a *spit* 'rock star' could be the key to not being chubbed.

Enjoy the show. Oh and welcome to Heartland. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Chris and Ben chatted with people each night or almost each night after (and maybe also before) the shows in the USA (of course, I can talk only about the first 6 shows). Even with me, in spite of my famous bad English. Autographs? Yes, got them from both (on a couple of setlists), also San Diego playlist signed by Nurse.
Very nice people, all of them :notworthy:
Last year, in Zürich, got signs of all band members of those days to the playlist. When my playlist was given to Eldritch (who wasn't at the afterparty) I met Nurse, asked him to sign my ticket and he was agree. Unfortunately neither of us had a pen. Then he said something like 'Maybe I will be back here again later'. A while later I really heard suddenly someone asking: 'Do you have a pen now?'. It was him :) :notworthy:
Have met also Eldrich once. It was a different situation, I wasn't as a fan there and didn't ask an autograph. But I have to say that he is a kind and very polite person as well. :von:
Hope he will never read these words which don't support his arrogant image :innocent:
do i drive
or am i driven