new Brussels date!!!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Allrightee!!!

An extra concert on belgian soil is confirmed today :D :notworthy:

11 may 2006 , AB brussels

:notworthy: :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:eek: :D

Tickets on sale when? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ordered mine, actually :von: ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Too bad may is pay-yo-taxes month. :urff:

Edit : Just checked. Return trip from Strasbourg to Brussels by train is 120€. :evil:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Have a look at eurolines perhaps :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

ik heb ook maar ineens een kaartje besteld :oops:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote::eek: :eek: :eek:

Too bad may is pay-yo-taxes month. :urff:

Edit : Just checked. Return trip from Strasbourg to Brussels by train is 120€. :evil:
Too bad it's not just 9 f*cking days later... :evil: :cry:
"as we walk on the floodland"
AlBéRiCk
Road Kill

just got my ticket... ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Poster as snatched from AB and hanging in my room :innocent:

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Raoul_Duke
Road Kill

There was another topic concerning this gig, but for a strange and ugly reason it was closed while I was adding a reply ... but this is my opinion on going:

Well, I'm still in doubt. A couple of weeks before the 22/04 gig, I bought 2 tickets (65€/piece). I was happy as a schoolboy, then again I'm still a (high)schoolboy.
And to be honnest ... the preformance failed to impress. First the sound was a bit to high on the pre-show (NIHIL) and afterwards it was way down ... But as a good fan I know that it wasn't The Sisters fault, but it were those SoundTechs who were f*cking it up ... (or maybe I'm just naïve).
+ What was the mosh pit all about? I can't remeber anything like that in Brielpoot (16/04/03) or last year in Lokeren... I backed up 3 meters just to stay alive during the show.

What I'm trying to say is this:
There is a greater part of me that want to go again ... I'm a fan for 5 or 6 years now (and only 20 years old) and I'm trying to absorb the Sisters as much as I can, but on the other hand ...
(And there are some logistic dificulties, since I'm not yet able to drive (we are working on it, but it take ages in Belgium). And after last show, I don't think I can get any of my friends to go along ... again).

P.S.: After the gig, I went for a drink in the bar on the corner next to the AB. After we came out again, we stood there waiting (for a while). 2 Man aproached us, they were waiting (or hoping) for Eldritch to come out, since they have seen the band left, but not the heart. Any idea who those people were? (they spoke dutch)
Last edited by Raoul_Duke on 26 Apr 2006, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ordered my tickets yesterday...

for those of you who are still waiting for requested weeds from me.. pm me and i'll bring em...

ps: working of recovering the recorded file from 22-4-06...
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Raoul_Duke wrote: + What was the mosh pit all about? I can't remeber anything like that in Brielpoot (16/04/03) or last year in Lokeren... I backed up 3 meters just to stay alive during the show.

*envy*

having been to ...14 gigs where no one hardly moved, i knew i'd never totally be able to accept that of all the gigs, it was brussels i had to miss.

i'll just have to hope if i get to the second one, it will make up for it...

:cry:

marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
SkOs
Road Kill

Just received my ticket ...

fun fun fun

hope to see you all there
--- You can prove me right, you can prove me wrong, but you can never kill .... ---
radiojamaica
Overbomber

godgirl wrote:
Raoul_Duke wrote: + What was the mosh pit all about? I can't remeber anything like that in Brielpoot (16/04/03) or last year in Lokeren... I backed up 3 meters just to stay alive during the show.

*envy*

having been to ...14 gigs where no one hardly moved, i knew i'd never totally be able to accept that of all the gigs, it was brussels i had to miss.

i'll just have to hope if i get to the second one, it will make up for it...
It was a wild & steamy mosh pit in Brussels! For sure... Didn't really went to the core of it this time. I'm getting older too, you know :innocent:

I remember some very heavy moshing during Alice & More in Pukkelpop 1992... and back then I actually was one of those wildcats. I had too. It was a matter of kill or be killed...
Pukkelpop 2001 had a pretty heavy mosh pit too...

It's definitely nothing new for the (belgian) Sisters crowd to kick some ass :twisted:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

hmm... this thread was locked yesterday. So I made another thread for the new Brussels gig on may 11th... and now that one is locked and this one is unlocked :eek: Havin' a ball, Mods?! ;D Who said "no confusion, no surprise"? Well, he was wrong.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I ordered my tickets yesterday!

btw: this pit wxas indeed one of the heaviest I ever witnessed(made only worse by the fact I had to protect my wife and so couldn't go with the flow like I would've otherwise....but I remmember ternat a few yeas back which was almost as hard...
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Ebbhead
Road Kill

Cool, a topic on moshpits.

I'm in favour of a big pogo on songs like Ribbons, Vision Thing and Alice.

Btw, I recall some Sisters gigs where the moshers were definitely not welcome: Dour '97, Neerpelt, the free gig at AB.

Maybe in Amsterdam...
Are you prepared to slave again?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Ebbhead wrote: Btw, I recall some Sisters gigs where the moshers were definitely not welcome: Dour '97, Neerpelt, the free gig at AB.
Must be a Belgian thingy then! :innocent: :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ebbhead wrote:Cool, a topic on moshpits.

How do you pogo on Ribbons? :eek:

Nah, best song to pogo on stil remains the original Temple :twisted: I broke some ribs and noses with THAT song in my younger days, and not especially someone else's, for that matter ;D

Also, I really love to mosh on War On Drugs, the tempo going faster and faster is a nice excuse to grab some (un)willing people and start a genuine Punk Wardance! :notworthy: ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Badlander
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Nah, best song to pogo on stil remains the original Temple :twisted:

My pick is the 90s version of Body electric. Image
Also, I really love to mosh on War On Drugs, the tempo going faster and faster is a nice excuse to grab some (un)willing people and start a genuine Punk Wardance! :notworthy: ;D
Don't be surprised if you do that and someone gets very hostile. At least I would. Sure a little pogo is fine, but I don't go to a gig to get beaten. :? 8)
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

tickets just arrived in the mail.

So we are going to our 20th (yeah, an anniversary) gig of the sisters ;D
nostalgy ain't what it used to be
Ebbhead
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ebbhead wrote:Cool, a topic on moshpits.

How do you pogo on Ribbons? :eek:

Nah, best song to pogo on stil remains the original Temple :twisted: I broke some ribs and noses with THAT song in my younger days, and not especially someone else's, for that matter ;D

IZ.
Ribbons is definitely pogo-able! Usually the second song in the set, gives us the opportunity to create some space in the front.

"More" would work too. Anaconda. And Temple, yeah, used to be great pogo-song at university parties. Extended version...

Besides pogo, stagediving and crowdsurfing should also be considered. Always adds to the fun!

Cheerio
Badlander
Overbomber

Ebbhead wrote: Besides pogo, stagediving and crowdsurfing should also be considered. Always adds to the fun!
I remember a Nashville Pussy gig a few years ago, where the band actually stopped playing because some pissed morons in the front thought that the coolest thing to do was to stagedive and pogo like hell. That was clearly not what the band was up to and they let everyone know.
A little pogo is okay but you also have to admit that most people don't go to gigs to fight. That's what back alleys are for, if you're so interested. I also find it absolutely silly, boring and stupid when people think they have to duplicate metal codes and gimmicks at any kind of rock & roll show.
Ebbhead
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
Ebbhead wrote: Besides pogo, stagediving and crowdsurfing should also be considered. Always adds to the fun!
A little pogo is okay but you also have to admit that most people don't go to gigs to fight. That's what back alleys are for, if you're so interested. I also find it absolutely silly, boring and stupid when people think they have to duplicate metal codes and gimmicks at any kind of rock & roll show.
With all respect Badlander, but if you equate pogo=fighting, I don't think you really know what you're talking about.
Pogo, moshing, slamdancing is not about punching other people, it's about releasing energy and "living" a gig. Sure, it risks getting a bruise, but fighting? Not really.
Of course, according to the style of music, the pogo can gain more edge. But you can't compare a pit at a Slayer concert with one at the Sisters. I do agree that if you do plan to mosh, you try to keep the annoyance level for other people as limited possible.
At every concert there's of course the chance you attract "pissed morons" as you call them. C'est la vie.
Duplicating metal codes....does that entail wearing long hair and a Motorhead T-shirt as one of our beloved musicians used to do? Or looking like Rob Halford? Maybe you should tell him he's silly , boring and stupid...

Regards,

EH
Badlander
Overbomber

Ebbhead wrote: With all respect Badlander, but if you equate pogo=fighting, I don't think you really know what you're talking about.

With all due respect - again - I always find this "you don't know what you're talking about" phrase completely rubbish, useless and offensive. Since I think you're a clever young man (otherwise you wouldn't be here), I'll ask you not to use it again. Thanks. 8)
Pogo, moshing, slamdancing is not about punching other people, it's about releasing energy and "living" a gig. Sure, it risks getting a bruise, but fighting? Not really.
Just ask the people in the front rows, those who arrive much in advance to get as close to the stage as possible, what they think of it. Does their voice count anyway ? :innocent:
As for those "metal codes", there's a difference IMO between paying hommage to a fine band and treating all rock & roll shows the same way. And I did see Motörhead in concert. :notworthy: :von: