Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
the sisters in poland?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #101  Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and weeds... It wasn't me...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #102  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very curiuos about set list and reviews

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DevilRed
Road Kill

PostPost #103  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dtsom wrote:
very curiuos about set list and reviews

good show, very good show Smile

setlist (hopefully no mistakes Wink ):

Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Dr. Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Still
When You don't See Me
Flood I
Giving Ground
Summer
Dominion/Mother Russia
Slept
Alice
Anaconda
Romeo Down
Neverland
(We Are The Same) Suzanne
This Corrossion
(break)
Something Fast
Lucretia (My Reflection)
(break)
Top Nite Out
Temple Of Love

"one thing I know, I want MORE..." Very Happy
meckert
Road Kill

PostPost #104  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back from Krakow to Gdansk (two 7,5 hours long trips).
WOW! This was one of the best gigs I've ever seen ! I've seen TSOM in Warsaw in 2003 and I must say that yesterdays show was at least 3 times better.

Andrew was in good mood and both guitarists just blew me away! They are far more dynamic than the previous Pearson/Starling duo. The songs are heavier, Ben's and Chris's playing is more metal with more solos. And what great showmen they both are!!!

And also the crowd's reaction was great ! I'll never forget what happened after This Corrosion - the whole crowd started clapping and singing a'capella "hey now hey now now, sing ths corrosion to me" - and we sang non stop for a good couple of minutes.

After the gig I had a nice conversation with Ben. Of course I asked him if there's ever going to be a new TSOM record. He said thah he would like it very much, and that they already wrote new songs with Andrew and Chris , but he said that he doesn't understand why Andrew doesn't want to release anything. He said quote " something must have happend like 13 years ago, and it seems that it is stil there". Ben seemed very friendly, he gave me an autograph on a genuine setlist, that my friend got from the guy at the soundboard. When I was coming back to my table he called me back and gave me a copy of his solo single Smile

I also got a signature from Chris , who was also very friendly.

Ok. Now I must rest Smile

p.s. and I've also met Pikkrong Smile
meckert
Road Kill

PostPost #105  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://madnine.republika.pl/sis/Sisters_Krakow1.htm

The pics ....
16.05.14 - TSOM Cracov

procez.bandcamp.com
darciemordy.blogspot.com (sorry, in polish only)
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #106  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why the same setlist almost the whole tour Question And now the same setlists in the summer Twisted Evil
A little change would be nice Very Happy
Throw in FALAA and Vision Thing !!!!!!!
Drsisters

PostPost #107  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully they change the setlist in Finland, never know what could happen with finnish metal fans loaded on kosken-korva and koff Laughing Laughing Laughing
meckert
Road Kill

PostPost #108  Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They played FALAA during the soundcheck....
16.05.14 - TSOM Cracov

procez.bandcamp.com
darciemordy.blogspot.com (sorry, in polish only)
Andy Gom
Road Kill

PostPost #109  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

highlights:

Ribbons - it's the rythm and AE screams
Still - still it makes me happy
Summer - beautiful lights
Romeo Down - bass guitar with feedback electric guitar
This Corrosion - clapping and singing with Von
Something Fast - atmosphere
Lucretia - power

Very short gig but very loud, band and fans in good mood

anybody recording ?
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #110  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
Why the same setlist almost the whole tour Question And now the same setlists in the summer Twisted Evil

They did play FALAA and VT on quite a number of dates.

And having a set list anymore varied than that for so many dates would be risky for your average well established band, never mind one with two new guitarists Neutral
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #111  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The best way to describe my current mood: Pluto the dog stretched on the floor with paws wide apart, unable to make a move, sheepish eyes and silly smile that just won't go away regardless of whatever happens around.
And I had thought that Hamburg was the best gig I'd see this year, stupid me! Laughing
Proof that my judgement is clear this time: 1. I was completely sober, 2. I entered the venue with a rather severe stomach ache and fatigue (far too little sleep in the previous 4 nights), which should've affected the overall impression in a negative way, right? Instead, all these bad feelings were gone by the time it got to Ribbons. We are not worthy!
Has anybody recorded this show? Please? I'd do anything to be able to listen to this kind of Romeo Down once more. We are not worthy!
Drsisters

PostPost #112  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
Drsisters wrote:

They did play FALAA and VT on quite a number of dates.

And having a set list anymore varied than that for so many dates would be risky for your average well established band, never mind one with two new guitarists Neutral

Been talking to Ben, he felt, (chris for that matter as well i guess)
that they have rehearsed a whole lot of songs they were eager to play but not Eldritch. Valentine, Sister Ray, More for example.
So itīs might be more risky to play the standard setlist for so many shows with guitarists on fire Very Happy
Luciana Neri
Road Kill

PostPost #113  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

meckert wrote:
http://madnine.republika.pl/sis/Sisters_Krakow1.htm

The pics ....

Meckert,
thank you! Wonderful pictures and coments.

kisses
Luciana Neri
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #114  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
Been talking to Ben, he felt, (chris for that matter as well i guess) that they have rehearsed a whole lot of songs they were eager to play but not Eldritch. Valentine, Sister Ray, More for example. So itīs might be more risky to play the standard setlist for so many shows with guitarists on fire Very Happy

Valentine? Surprised

YAY! Very Happy

*ahem* Cool
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #115  Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reviews and pics.
Delilah

PostPost #116  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AMAZING GIG!!! Good sound, perfect audience and the band seemed to have really enjoyed themselves. This Corrosion - UNFORGETABLE!!!
The funny thing - one of the major newspapers in Poland (Gazeta Wyborcza) in their Culture section put a massive photo on the front cover advertising the Sisters gig... unfortunately that was a photo of That Guitarist Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (maybe he got Polish press corrupted or something?). We gave the paper to Chris asking to give it to Von after the gig (so he doesn't get too annoyed before playing), forgot to ask if he gave it to him or not though...
BIG LOVE to everyone I met in Cracow (Christian 1, Wojtek, Andreas, Christian 2, Christian3, Andrew S, Jens, Indrek, Andrius and his GF- thanks for the very pleasant 9h train journey to Bratislava and a great fun, love you all!)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #117  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they play More i'm gonna die. Thanks everyone for reviews that make me drool.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #118  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Delilah wrote:
The funny thing - one of the major newspapers in Poland (Gazeta Wyborcza) in their Culture section put a massive photo on the front cover advertising the Sisters gig... unfortunately that was a photo of That Guitarist Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (maybe he got Polish press corrupted or something?).

Oh my f*****g God, was it Wyborcza? Wierded Out Laughing I thought it was some crappy tabloid! What a shame for them, oh dear! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Honestly, very often I feel ashamed of my country. The delays in opening the venues (the same happened in Warsaw, remember?), the unpleasant security who look down on people dressed in black, the quality of toilets, the out of date photo on the ticket, and now this. Wierded Out
Don't you ever come back here, girl.
Kuba
Road Kill

PostPost #119  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But where else you could see such a show with such an audience? Now i get shivers everytime I listen to "This Corrosion" Wink
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #120  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I personally thought that the crowd singing was bearable during the break, but when they decided to sing along to Something Fast I thought it was a very wrong idea. But that's me. I'm the weirdo who's always so electrified that can't even do the handclapping, the only sign of my appreciation being probably the way I grip onto the barrier. So yes, you're probably right, it was apparent that the band enjoyed the crowd's behaviour!
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #121  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a stonking gig with the crowd well and truly back on form. Nice. Glad everyone enjoyed it so much. I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.
Delilah

PostPost #122  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave wrote:
S I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.

it was indoors, in a very small venue...
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #123  Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Delilah wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
S I MUST get to see them headline outdoors before they jack it all in.

it was indoors, in a very small venue...

Ah.

Well, my original point still stands. Laughing
Delilah

PostPost #124  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 reviews from the Polish press: both bad.
1. Gazeta Wyborcza, Cracow - the same one that put Hussey's photo advertising the Sisters gig: Clicky The Title: "No mercy at Sisters Of Mercy concert". Summary: (sorry, can't be bothered to translate it all...)-
1. the author compared the gig to the disastrous football match between Poland and Equador the day before (!!!)
2. He said after seeing Bauhaus in Berlin a few months ago he was hoping for a similar quality TSOM gig in Poland but was wrong
3. Complained about the sound and too much smoke (rubbish, coz even my friends standing at the back could still see the band)
4. according to him, " the last song (Temple Of Love) was started by the pseudo-improvisation of the guitar players who at that time decided to run around the stage for no particular reason" (so he obviously didn;t like "Top Night Out")
Evil or Very Mad
5. the fans were much more lively than the band.
There are lots of comments below the article, feel free to add one, I've done that already!

Clicky

"The Sisters Of Mercy - no mercy in Cracow"
Summary:
1.first song was apparently "Slash and Burn" Laughing Laughing
2. the gig was 1 hour long
3. the band was really cold towards the audience...

WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH!!!

===========
Edit: 3-mile long URLs condensed by markfiend.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #125  Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VIDEO- TOP NITE OUT (1:44 min)

Last edited by Bartek on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: