Sheepshead Bay..?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Anyone out there ever hear of this song? No idea who it's by, and I can only remember one bit of it, which goes something like this:

Take the highway to 25th street
There's a spaceman there who'll tell you something niiiiiiiiiiiiice
With your 2 wheels by your side
take you there you won't have to hide
Close your eyes and drift away
Sheepshead Bay

I used to have it on a copy of Big Black's 'Atomiser' album, I guess the guy who copied it for me threw it on there as an afterthought. Sadly I can't find the tape anymore, and I've searched all over the interweb to no avail.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Epic. Thread. Necro.

I'm in a record store this weekend, just browsing the vinyl, minding my own business. This song comes on. Mind. Thoroughly. Blown. I head to the desk: "Dude, I haven't heard this song since I lost the tape I had it on."
"Oh really?" says the dude.
Yes, sez I - I copied a friend's tape of Big Black Songs About F*cking and Atomiser, and tacked on to each side there were two additional tracks: Alex Harvey's Faith Healer, and this. Tell me, good merchant of the bangin' choon, which popular beat combo sings this?
Ah, sez he - that would be Sudden Afternoon, and it's from their 1985 album Dancing Shadows.
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Listen to the opening bars of this:

https://youtu.be/2pM02S9k7aA

Sounds creepily like Lucretia, if somewhat speeded up. I wonder if there's a connection.
Hank Moody
iesus
Overbomber

Aw, that tune is very good :D
Thank you EB for the YT link and share :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

See what you mean ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell