Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
How do you rate the Silver bullet tour ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters as a concept, for me, will always be AE,Hussey & Adams, cowboy hats and industrial amounts of weapons-grade amphetamine.

Still, this tour was an absolute blast, made so by AE's obvious enjoyment of the proceedings - he was less precious about the material this time round. 2003 was a bit po-faced. I'm sure Ben & Chris are lovely blokes, but they're very average guitar players - which was a disappointment. It takes more skill than you might imagine to play rhythm guitar against a drum machine.

But I am optimistic for the future, but as an audience don't we all look middle-aged.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be brief - 3/5/06 - A Day from Heaven We are not worthy!
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #28  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:

Says it all for me Exclamation Wink We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:

Agreed, but that's got jack all to do with the tour. I'm glad they're still touring, and I'd like them to continue, but they HAVE to sort things out with the presentation. Is Von's voice likely to get any better? Will they be able to turn everything up to a level that allows it to work? I hope so, dearly.

But yeah, dunno about the tour as a whole, but for providing the occasion for one mad night in Leeds, nice one boys.
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree the presentation needs sorting out - I would like to (hear &) see a bass player in the line up. Lucretia sounds ridiculous without.

The gig did create a nice central focal point for the night and listening to the weed of the gig it sounds excellent (apart from the bits where a bass player is obviously missing Exclamation ).

What was the question sorry Question Wierded Out
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how low can you go? Wink
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #32  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
how low can you go? Wink

Question
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #33  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only went to the Norwich gig but I bloody loved it, it was my first Sisters gig and I'd definitely go to another!!

10/10 We are not worthy!
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #34  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Overall I'd say this line up of the band is the strongest I've seen since 1992. The Pearson/Sheenan era was stonking, but Robo/Christo is Utterly Bastard Groovy.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #35  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markreed wrote:
Overall I'd say this line up of the band is the strongest I've seen since 1992. The Pearson/Sheenan era was stonking, but Robo/Christo is Utterly Bastard Groovy.

Yep, Ben is the new Andreas, Chris is just a new species altogether Very Happy
Multifaceted
Road Kill

PostPost #36  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just glad they left Europe! Come to the Americas more often, damn it! Sad

I'd give the tour 10/10 just for the scale it was on. I NEVER would have imagined they'd do something that big. I think I'd fall over and die from exhaustion if I ever attempted traveling that much...

Though I've got to say I didn't really see anyone other than Ben and Chris acting "happy", and the "audience interaction" at the two shows I attended was more like audience members harassing other audience members...haha. That was probably the only downside.

I think it's true that they lost a lot of old fans on this tour, but I'm not really sure what that means. I think the tour generated interest enough to rouse only certain fans; it seems most of the people who knew about the tour were the older/hardcore fans. There's also a lot of younger and less-hardcore fans, from experience, who put "Sisters of Mercy" on their list of favorite artists for lots of superficial (or actual) reasons, but don't follow them enough to know how strange their touring schedule is. Maybe if there would have been promotion they would have shown up, and maybe they could have contributed to a better atmosphere/better show? Not that it really matters anymore!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #37  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leeds only. F*ckin' brilliant. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

I do also fear for the future though after this. Its gotta be commercial output (or at least a quite apparent move forward) or bust I think.
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #38  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw 9 shows and really enjoyed them all (for a variety of different reasons) except London, not only for the bad sound but a couple of the guys who I went with weren't allowed in (too drunk, maybe they should have had the absinthe after the gig!).

Ben and Chris work well together, they've definitely breathed life into the group. Would love to go to the shows in June but for a couple of reasons: I need a new job and i'm about to move house.

Still a great time was had by me, the bruises have now gone thankfully!

Matt..
sisterstekland

PostPost #39  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

8 gigs, barcelona, milan, london to nottingham and barcelona on 13th may

the best one was barcelona 2 (free gig) with no hesitation.
no very happy about london gigs.

then all of them was very good as well
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All 10 gigs I saw, including the Astoria, were better than 26/10/1984. No doubt the Heartland effect and lower expectations played their part, but mainly it was due to them feeling like an energised band as opposed to one that was falling apart. They'll do for me.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #41  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drenchrom wrote:
Would love to go to the shows in June but

Lightweight! Twisted Evil
RobF

PostPost #42  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:
Drenchrom wrote:

Inna masochist styleeeeee, even after my previous post, I'm investigating Buda'

Dear God, what's wrong with us Mr. Green
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #43  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RobF wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Drenchrom wrote:

Inna masochist styleeeeee, even after my previous post, I'm investigating Buda'

Dear God, what's wrong with us Mr. Green

Nothing a few drinks and some fancy lights won't fix..
bobby
Road Kill

PostPost #44  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen 6 concerts this tour
paris : 8/10 (I'll expected too much for the first date in my country)
bruxelles : 7/10
koln : 8/10 (+1 for the kolsch bier at 1 euro)
esch sur alzette : 9/10 (andrew during top nite out !)
amsterdam : 8/10
bruxelles : 10/10 (the perfect gig)

best moment : when I recognize 'burn' in bruxelles.

worst moment : when i've paid 2*35 euros for each concert.
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #45  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bobby wrote:

worst moment : when i've paid 2*35 euros for each concert.

Ticket prices have gone through the roof indeed. Wierded Out
But it's not specific to the Girls.
Delilah

PostPost #46  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:

Best moment? Ania Wink

what have I done again?

Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing Kiss
Delilah

PostPost #47  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slicepack wrote:
I'm sure Ben & Chris are lovely blokes, but they're very average guitar players - which was a disappointment.

I wouldn't agree with you... I think both of them are excellent guitarists and they are so much better than for example Mr Starling. The boys rock and the sound is fresher and heavier.

For me the tour is not finished yet, coz I'm off to Poland and Bratislava for my final 2 gigs. Highlights?
1. Leeds - meeting my HL friends, visiting the famous Garage, and generally having lots of fun which ended in spontanious decision about going to Manchester (thanks to Originalgoth)
2. Cologne - one of the best birthdays ever!
3. Berlin - my favourite gig so far!
4. Florence - a party day before the gig,proper cappuccino and pizza, but the gig itself was awful

Bring on June!!! Very Happy
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Delilah wrote:
what have I done again?

Ah... just being you Wink
Ocean Moves
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #49  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have just been listening to the excellent quality recording
from Brussels night 2.

Drums/bass sound fine to me, Andrews vocal is way up high
but still recognisable, reverb etc. but Ben's guitar
contribution sounds somewhere between ponderous and mediocre
on Suzanne to down right god awful during Neverland.

On reflection, I really think that is where the sound of
this tour is let down.

If you don't feel the same way, have a listen to Mike V's
guitar playing during Suzanne from 1998. In fact, have
a listen to any boots from 1997-2003 and tell me they dont
sound nicer.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #50  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The new part Ben plays for the chorus is a massive kick up the arse for Suzanne (she needed it!). Wish they'd chunk up the verse a little bit too. I wasn't so convinced about Dominion & Corrosion (ignoring his Norwich confusion..) but think he brought something new to everything else.
More importantly, he plays everything slightly different every night - a good thing!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: