Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Tuska Festival, Finland
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoodSon
Road Kill

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Tuska Festival, Finland Reply with quote Back to top

According to the festival website, The Sisters will be performing at the Tuska Festival in Helsinki, at the end of June.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one for Jouni I guess. Very Happy

Still waiting for Pukkelpop to arrive... It wasn't me...
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Sisters in Koskenkorva heaven (Finland that is) 06-06-30! Cool

http://www.tuska-festival.fi/2006/ohjelma.php

http://www.tuska-festival.fi
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised Now this is something to wake up to...i thought they'd never ever come here. And i thought it would take some time to see them again Mr. Green

Ozpat: Absolutely Goddam Right!
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah interesting indeed! I never actually thought that coming.. Smile

But exactly where is the fesitval? Helsinki (Tavastia)? I'm not very good at the finish language. Mr. Green
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, Tavastia has a few small gigs it seems related to the festival, it's more like a club, if you click 'Kartat' on the left it shows approximately where in Helsinki the festival itself is.
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the press release:

"The ninth annual Tuska Open Air Metal Festival taking place in Kaisaniemi, Helsinki, Finland"

http://www.tuska-festival.fi/2006/briefinenglish.php
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah thanks for the info itnaAklipse and Depprocksfarfar!

Now I just have to check the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki. Very Happy
euphoria

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not -totally- unexpected, although I had heard rumours about Budapest being the last stop.

My experience from travelling in Finland is that there are a) at least as many Sisters fans as in other countries and b) they know how to party Smile

So, where else in Scandinavia are they playing when I'm on holiday down south? Rolling Eyes

They were going to play Oslo but changed it to Copenhagen. Watch out for Norwegian (and Swedish!) festivals around the Helsinki date...

EDIT:I will, for example, watch this space closely - highly suspect:
http://www.quart.no/hovedtekst.aspx?m=1208&amid=8301

Last edited by euphoria on Tue May 23, 2006 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so now Ben and Chris are stuck with the Sisters for at least half the summer. That's great news.. and we're soon counting 70 gigs.

I'll say they do a couple of gigs between Budapest and Finland.. and then maybe a couple after that. Hell yeah, this tour never stops! Keep em coming! Razz
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's great news indeed. Like Ozpat says, and I'd like them to play a couple more shows somewhere nearer France. It wasn't me... Our fearless leader!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What next then? Presumably Estonia then Eygpt

God he really is milking the cow Laughing We are not worthy! Laughing We are not worthy!
yuija
Road Kill

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely, just take the boat and you're there. A lot cheaper than going Stockholm-Malmö-Stockholm-Gothenburg-Stockholm anyway Laughing
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dear PIB. If you lived in one of the countries that the Sisters have rarely (or never) visited before, I'm sure you'd have a very different point of view.
Unless your recent rather acerbic comments (I'm keeping an eye on you here Twisted Evil) are meant as just another joke of yours, I might never forgive you. Wink Razz Very Happy
euphoria

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yuija wrote:
Lovely, just take the boat and you're there. A lot cheaper than going Stockholm-Malmö-Stockholm-Gothenburg-Stockholm anyway Laughing

Surprised
Ok, the trains from Malmö to Gothenburg are maybe not the best ones...but surely not that bad?? Laughing
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised this festival is metal as f**k. Surprised Mr. Green
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

canon docre wrote:
Surprised this festival is metal as f**k. Surprised Mr. Green

Jess, I've no idea what the line-up is, but I trust you, I love your turn of phrase, and I assume (rightly I'm sure) that your turn of phrase means that this is gonna be a good festival. Twisted Evil Jammy Finnish gits. It wasn't me... Cool We are not worthy!
Sredna
Road Kill

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is good news! Don't think they'll play Norway though, even after Luxembourg, Slovakia, Bosnia, Finland etc.

Quart Festival maybe..They are known to cash out and once paid TRBNGR a million crowns (delivered cash!) for their re-union show.

So TSOM dropped Oslo for Copenhagen? I found it odd they played in Malmo, most bands play Copenhagen, Gothenbourg, Oslo...
euphoria

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sredna wrote:

So TSOM dropped Oslo for Copenhagen? I found it odd they played in Malmo, most bands play Copenhagen, Gothenbourg, Oslo...

It's not so dramatic I think - it cost them one day less in their schedule to take Copenhagen instead. They have an excellent opportunity to make up for that now, as I'm sure there are more Sisters fans in Norway than in Denmark. And...they did miss Stockholm as well... It wasn't me...
yuija
Road Kill

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Ok, the trains from Malmö to Gothenburg are maybe not the best ones...but surely not that bad??

Well, well a classic case of bad planning really It wasn't me... . Sisters is a family matter here, so three out of four made sure we didn't work that Tuesday. To make a long story short with not booking train tickets on time and so on we came to the conclusion that driving back and forth would be the best (don't ask how we reached that conclusion, we somehow thought it was a good idea).

Just a note for future driving plans: if you want to go from Stockholm to Gothenburg do not take the E20. It almost made us late for the Gothenburg gig. Arriving just before nine and parking right next to the tour bus Razz
Wilkstein
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dubai and Tokyo in the fall. You heard it here first.
Drsisters

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to be a friend of trains, but, no more Very Happy
Much cheaper these day to travel by air then travel by train.
Stockholm-Malmoe 40 euro.
Gothenburg-Stockholm 40 euro.
yuija
Road Kill

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Times four and it is cheaper to go by car, especially if you drive a small tiny Corsa. Cool
Drsisters

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yuija wrote:
Quote:

Times four and it is cheaper to go by car, especially if you drive a small tiny Corsa. Cool

Yeah. Car is nice but NOT when you have to drive 200-300 mil in couple of days. Then I prefer the fashion of flights and drinking Very Happy
yuija
Road Kill

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well it is more a question of cost over comfort.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: