Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #476  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crash_and_burn wrote:
Those of you who haven't ordered, support your local cd store, whatever it may be, and get it there, once it arrives.

So don't buy it then?

Unless you're lucky enough to live in a big city, the record stores here are chain owned or second hand.

Also, whichever head is responsible for genre labeling and shelf stocking in Music Zone needs to roll by yesterday so that I didn't waste this morning looking through a "Metal" section padded with Blink 18-f**king-2. Evil or Very Mad
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #477  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got mine. Very Happy

http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=284342#284342

The damage is undone.
On both the music and the sleeve.

There's a scan of a recording studio thingie on FALAA with a song called "Wide Receiver" listed on it.

The booklet notes are just a history of the band.

Haven't read/listened to everything yet, so more news as I get it!!!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #478  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never Land (no longer a fragment) is 11:59 long!!!

And has extra lyrics too!!!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #479  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised

so it's for real then hé Laughing

After so many years, finally new (yes I know...) Sisters product in the shops Very Happy
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #480  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

OMG, you lucky bastard! Very Happy
bismarck

PostPost #481  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
There's a scan of a recording studio thingie on FALAA with a song called "Wide Receiver" listed on it.

Yeah, that's a song that Andrew worked up into demo form and suggested for the album sessions. It never made it much past the demo, which is pretty widely available. There's a thread about that somewhere on these boards... I havent seen the scan, but is the "studio thingie" the chalkboard?
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #482  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

We need a transcript, pronto! Laughing
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #483  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bismarck wrote:
mh wrote:

Yeah, that's a song that Andrew worked up into demo form and suggested for the album sessions. It never made it much past the demo, which is pretty widely available. There's a thread about that somewhere on these boards... I havent seen the scan, but is the "studio thingie" the chalkboard?

It's one of those sheets you see with tracks and the like on it. I have Wide Receiver itself, but I do remember that there was some controversy about whether it was a real Sisters song or an imitator. This answers it. It's also listed on another sheet from Strawberry along with Tones, Spit on Your Grave, Scottish One, Little Wing and Emma.
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #484  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
It's one of those sheets you see with tracks and the like on it. I have Wide Receiver itself, but I do remember that there was some controversy about whether it was a real Sisters song or an imitator. This answers it. It's also listed on another sheet from Strawberry along with Tones, Spit on Your Grave, Scottish One, Little Wing and Emma.

We are not worthy!

What about SKOS (early)?
How's the sound quality?
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #485  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
What about SKOS (early)?
How's the sound quality?

Pretty decent through my PC rig here in work. Vocals are clear, even though it's obviously a demo.

I'll make an effort at transcribing Never Land this evening when I get home, although there is quite a lot of it. I'm sure that it'll be what one would expect from a first attempt, and that better will follow.
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #486  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks mh, looking forward to that transcription. Cool
crash_and_burn
Road Kill

PostPost #487  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a different note, but related to the reissues, has anyone found any official Sisters promotion of these cd's, or any comments whatsoever about them? I remember how the Cure site advertised all of their reissues.
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #488  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crash_and_burn wrote:
On a different note, but related to the reissues, has anyone found any official Sisters promotion of these cd's, or any comments whatsoever about them? I remember how the Cure site advertised all of their reissues.

These are completely different issues. Robert Smith was, is and will be the driving force behind The Cure's reissues. A good portion of the bonus tracks come from his private collection, not the record company's vault. He's involved in pretty much everything that's released in the name of The Cure. Whereas apparently Von was not even as much as consulted about the Girls' reissues.
Only one of the two has managed to keep a rather healthy relationship with his record company (which doesn't necessarily mean that he likes it).
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #489  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

Surprised

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

I guess I never heard it before... Very Happy
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #490  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extra lyrics? Surprised

*faints*

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #491  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Badlander wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:

These are completely different issues. Robert Smith was, is and will be the driving force behind The Cure's reissues. A good portion of the bonus tracks come from his private collection, not the record company's vault. He's involved in pretty much everything that's released in the name of The Cure. Whereas apparently Von was not even as much as consulted about the Girls' reissues.
Only one of the two has managed to keep a rather healthy relationship with his record company (which doesn't necessarily mean that he likes it).

Either way, let's hope this is the first step towards rectifying the many crimes that have been committed on the Sissie's back catalogue.

And also that it will generate interest in a new LP, of course.

I reckon Keith will be delighted to learn the working titles for 2 of the VT tracks. "Bon Jovi" and "Bon Jovi".
scotty
Overbomber

PostPost #492  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

I reckon Keith will be delighted to learn the working titles for 2 of the VT tracks. "Bon Jovi" and "Bon Jovi".

Laughing Apt, very apt Michael Laughing
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #493  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No transcription necessary! They're printed.

Never Land wrote:
And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will

We are coming down, we fall
Hand in hand in hand in hand
We are coming down but we will
Never never land

I had a face on the mirror etc...

Never never land

With our backs to the sky
And our eyes to the ground
With the clouds far below
No horizon around

With the wind in our face
And our arms open wide
We will pass through this place
To the other side

All the days of our lives
All the ways of our calling
Fall

James Blast
Banned

PostPost #494  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy NOTWORTHY!
there is a God after all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #495  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
mh wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy NOTWORTHY!
there is a God after all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OK, but do try to keep your man-juice in this time. Laughing
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #496  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fook.

That puts the title in a whole new light.

I think this makes the time I found out that Teen Spirit was a deodorant seem wonderfully insignificant Surprised
bismarck

PostPost #497  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
No transcription necessary! They're printed.

Never Land wrote:
And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will

Never never land

Wow, the lyrics are good, too. It's funny, i've thought - through the years - a lot about all the double entendres and hidden meanings of Andrew's lyrics, as I'm sure we all have, but for some reason I never thought that "never land" was intended as it is used here, ie: "we are coming down, but we will never land." I guess I always thought of it as a place, "neverland," and consequently always wondered why the song title was "Never Land" instead of "Neverland" I thought Andrew was just being contrary, like "highered hand," and "Prey for me," you know. Well, now I know better.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #498  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The set is advertised in the current issue of Record Collector and also mentioned in the upcoming releases list with Nov. 6 as the date and Rhino as the company who issues them.

crash_and_burn wrote:

Jim
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #499  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so it's true. So now my main gripe is that some c**t has been holding out on us for... ooh, TWENTY YEARS.

I feel conflicted right now.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #500  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jim wrote:
Ok so it's true. So now my main gripe is that some c**t has been holding out on us for... ooh, TWENTY YEARS.

I feel conflicted right now.
I was just about to PM you with the good news. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: