Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Eldritch quotes ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #101  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thank you We are not worthy! Kiss and cooool! (the last link) Very Happy Cool We are not worthy!
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #102  Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't hear you
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #103  Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Nothing to do, but drugs" before logic, london, 97 methinks? on the victorian nights boot etc.
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #104  Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When this is a civilised European thread I'll be pleased to post here, until then....
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #105  Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Memphis Rich wrote:
When this is a civilised European thread I'll be pleased to post here, until then....

oh, shame Sad
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #106  Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Memphis Rich wrote:

...you will walk the wire. Wink
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #107  Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so. I'm scared of heights.
The Mentalist
Road Kill

PostPost #108  Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"You're....You're lovely !?"

He searched for his words then sounded surprised. Not sure when or where but somewhere on the mainland and sometime in the mid naughties. Smile
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #109  Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should be so lucky
Debaser
Overbomber

PostPost #110  Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My friend Kelvin used to work in Red Rhino and Mr Eldritch had been in to speak to Tony Someoneorother. Any how, as he was leaving my mate (who used to be the drummer in Delta 5) calls out across the crowded shop

"Oi Eldritch, if you ever decide to get rid of that drum machine give me a call"

The reply apparently was

"if you ever learn to keep time, give me a call"

We are not worthy!
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #111  Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debaser wrote:
My friend Kelvin used to work in Red Rhino and Mr Eldritch had been in to speak to Tony Someoneorother. Any how, as he was leaving my mate (who used to be the drummer in Delta 5) calls out across the crowded shop

"Oi Eldritch, if you ever decide to get rid of that drum machine give me a call"

The reply apparently was

"if you ever learn to keep time, give me a call"

We are not worthy!

Laughing We are not worthy! Laughing We are not worthy!

these are things that tickle my fancy! the dry humour when he must have been serious!
The Mentalist
Road Kill

PostPost #112  Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Memphis Rich wrote:
You should be so lucky

Razz plus that emocion that sticks two fingers up which hasn't been invented yet Mr. Green
The Mentalist
Road Kill

PostPost #113  Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Mentalist wrote:
Memphis Rich wrote:
You should be so lucky

Razz plus that emocion that sticks two fingers up which hasn't been invented yet Mr. Green

.....Lovely though I am I don't know who he was talking to, I was on the edge of the moshpit at the time so I doubt he could see me..... Mr. Green It wasn't me... Very Happy

Just thought I'd better put *some* out of their misery.. Twisted Evil
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #114  Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

several of my favourite Von heckles are still from the 1999 toronto docks gig.

before 'giving ground':
you'll all be glad to know my girlfriend has turned up. you'll be disturbed to hear that she's the only other person here wearing white... ...but thanks for waiting with me anyway.

before 'suzanne'
don't take this the wrong way, petal

(directed at his girlfriend maybe?)

before 'bei mir...':
get yer ja-ja's out

(pun on the rolling stones live album & the german for 'yes')

after 'bei mir...':
we were going to hand out lyric sheets for that one but there not that many of you who can speak hebrew

before 'romeo down':
we don't want your tanks, your bombs your tomahawk missiles on our lawn.... your f17s aren't that stealthy when they're parked on our lawn!

(excuse the paraphrasing)

and several more Laughing

top bootleg Mr. Green
the cake is a lie

Last edited by Quiff Boy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #115  Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1990? You sure boss?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #116  Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oops, typo. 1999
the cake is a lie
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #117  Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How many mmm's in mentalist?
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #118  Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone thought about putting all of Vons one liners & heckles onto a CD - it'd be a great laugh.

My fave ones would be
"Oh, you wanted the words as well?
You will have to have patience!"
York Racecourse '84 when he didn't start singing Alice

And

The one already quoted from RC
No I'm not annorexic...........

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Lucian
Road Kill

PostPost #119  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excuse me. Has Andrew been quoted saying that The Sisters aren't Goth and neither has he? I'm only asking for my project.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #120  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he's disowned the "scene" several times, saying things along the lines of: (and i'm paraphrasing terribly here - they're really not direct quotes!!)

i dont understand why they have latched on to what we do

we wore black for 3 months and they've turned it into an entire scene

i dont see how what i do has in common with that

etc

there's probably even something on the sisters websites faqs about it ("faqs of the boring kind", probably)

and he frequently insults them from the stage - the last time i recall was during the mera luna gig earlier this year where he called them "clowns"

if it's for an essay though, you'd probably be better getting direct quotes. have a trawl through the official site, and then check out some of the last few years' interviews on youtube. it tends to crop up every other interview Laughing
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #121  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen/faqdim/faqdim.htm#white_messiah

Quote:
Do you always wear black?

Not at all. Traditionally, we very often wear shirts of the most flamboyant colour and design. We certainly wear less black than all the other pop acts we can think of (and we can think of plenty). You shouldn't be that bothered anyway. What we wear is designed to be practical and/or entertain us, and we're far more interested in songs than fashion statements.

Apart from anything else, if we'd made fashion statements we'd probably have had the same short career as every other bunch of fashion victims. If anything, it would be sensible to deliberately avoid being fashionable anywhere, although we're not sure what that would look like, and we couldn't be bothered anyway. You have to remember that we live and work in different countries with very differing ideas of fashion, and we think global. White, for example, is a funereal colour in Japan and certain other Asian countries. Any attempt to make a fashion statement would be misinterpreted in nine tenths of the world. In nine tenths of Newcastle, it's a fashion felony to wear any kind of shirt at all, so I might as well settle for a skimpy little white number, or something in dayglo yellow. Nurse prefers Hawaiian.

A TV station or a magazine or a citizen with a particularly desperate agenda might insist on parsing statements that we're not actually making, exaggerating the importance of the occasional black sock, or reviewing clothes that we're not actually wearing; you don't have to make the same mistake.

If the songs are too difficult to concentrate on, or you're simply so sad that you have to draw substantive conclusions from what we wear, you should at least ignore those morons who need to discuss the kind of capes we wear. Because we've never worn any. The best thing would be to ignore us as well. Go find a band which is all about clothing. There are plenty of them.
Laughing
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #122  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Eldritch wrote:
...ignore those morons who need to discuss the kind of capes we wear. Because we've never worn any...

i think it's images like this that give people the "wrong" impression:

let's face it, a victorian frockcoat is almost as bad (if you call it "bad" - i know for most old sisters fans it's the pinnacle of fashion and a good frockcoat was something to be envied Embarassed Laughing) as a cape...

and you can't deny he wields that frockcoat like a cape sometimes Laughing
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #123  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frock coats you say? (looks around nervously) No idea what you're on about.

It wasn't me...
Lucian
Road Kill

PostPost #124  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
he's disowned the "scene" several times, saying things along the lines of: (and i'm paraphrasing terribly here - they're really not direct quotes!!)

i dont understand why they have latched on to what we do

we wore black for 3 months and they've turned it into an entire scene

i dont see how what i do has in common with that

etc

there's probably even something on the sisters websites faqs about it ("faqs of the boring kind", probably)

and he frequently insults them from the stage - the last time i recall was during the mera luna gig earlier this year where he called them "clowns"

if it's for an essay though, you'd probably be better getting direct quotes. have a trawl through the official site, and then check out some of the last few years' interviews on youtube. it tends to crop up every other interview Laughing

Quiff it isn't for an essay though I almost had to write a 5 page paper on Chernobyl because of it. I wanted to know if he had directly said these things because I am putting it in a PowerPoint presentation and i was talking about the Gothic Rock genre and his views on it in one of my slides. Thanks for the help!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #125  Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:

And at Leamington Spa whilst the guitarists are faffing around he addressed us as "clowns,and non-clowns"

we fall to rise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: