Eldritch quotes ???

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh thank you :notworthy: :kiss: and cooool! (the last link) :D 8) :notworthy:
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Can't hear you
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

"Nothing to do, but drugs" before logic, london, 97 methinks? on the victorian nights boot etc.
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
Memphis Rich

When this is a civilised European thread I'll be pleased to post here, until then....
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Debi

Memphis Rich wrote:When this is a civilised European thread I'll be pleased to post here, until then....
oh, shame :(
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Memphis Rich wrote:When this is a civilised European thread I'll be pleased to post here, until then....
...you will walk the wire. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Memphis Rich

I don't think so. I'm scared of heights.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
The Mentalist
Road Kill

"You're....You're lovely !?"

He searched for his words then sounded surprised. Not sure when or where but somewhere on the mainland and sometime in the mid naughties. :)
Memphis Rich

You should be so lucky
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Debaser
Overbomber

My friend Kelvin used to work in Red Rhino and Mr Eldritch had been in to speak to Tony Someoneorother. Any how, as he was leaving my mate (who used to be the drummer in Delta 5) calls out across the crowded shop

"Oi Eldritch, if you ever decide to get rid of that drum machine give me a call"

The reply apparently was

"if you ever learn to keep time, give me a call"

:notworthy:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Debaser wrote:My friend Kelvin used to work in Red Rhino and Mr Eldritch had been in to speak to Tony Someoneorother. Any how, as he was leaving my mate (who used to be the drummer in Delta 5) calls out across the crowded shop

"Oi Eldritch, if you ever decide to get rid of that drum machine give me a call"

The reply apparently was

"if you ever learn to keep time, give me a call"

:notworthy:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

these are things that tickle my fancy! the dry humour when he must have been serious!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
The Mentalist
Road Kill

Memphis Rich wrote:You should be so lucky

:P plus that emocion that sticks two fingers up which hasn't been invented yet ;D
The Mentalist
Road Kill

The Mentalist wrote:
Memphis Rich wrote:You should be so lucky

:P plus that emocion that sticks two fingers up which hasn't been invented yet ;D

.....Lovely though I am I don't know who he was talking to, I was on the edge of the moshpit at the time so I doubt he could see me..... ;D :innocent: :D

Just thought I'd better put *some* out of their misery.. :twisted:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

several of my favourite Von heckles are still from the 1999 toronto docks gig.

before 'giving ground':
you'll all be glad to know my girlfriend has turned up. you'll be disturbed to hear that she's the only other person here wearing white... ...but thanks for waiting with me anyway.

before 'suzanne'
don't take this the wrong way, petal

(directed at his girlfriend maybe?)

before 'bei mir...':
get yer ja-ja's out

(pun on the rolling stones live album & the german for 'yes')

after 'bei mir...':
we were going to hand out lyric sheets for that one but there not that many of you who can speak hebrew

before 'romeo down':
we don't want your tanks, your bombs your tomahawk missiles on our lawn.... your f17s aren't that stealthy when they're parked on our lawn!

(excuse the paraphrasing)

and several more :lol:

top bootleg ;D
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 04 Oct 2010, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

1990? You sure boss?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oops, typo. 1999
Memphis Rich

How many mmm's in mentalist?
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Has anyone thought about putting all of Vons one liners & heckles onto a CD - it'd be a great laugh.

My fave ones would be
"Oh, you wanted the words as well?
You will have to have patience!"
York Racecourse '84 when he didn't start singing Alice

And

The one already quoted from RC
No I'm not annorexic...........
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Lucian
Road Kill

Excuse me. Has Andrew been quoted saying that The Sisters aren't Goth and neither has he? I'm only asking for my project.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

he's disowned the "scene" several times, saying things along the lines of: (and i'm paraphrasing terribly here - they're really not direct quotes!!)

i dont understand why they have latched on to what we do

we wore black for 3 months and they've turned it into an entire scene

i dont see how what i do has in common with that

etc

there's probably even something on the sisters websites faqs about it ("faqs of the boring kind", probably)

and he frequently insults them from the stage - the last time i recall was during the mera luna gig earlier this year where he called them "clowns"

if it's for an essay though, you'd probably be better getting direct quotes. have a trawl through the official site, and then check out some of the last few years' interviews on youtube. it tends to crop up every other interview :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen ... te_messiah
Do you always wear black?

Not at all. Traditionally, we very often wear shirts of the most flamboyant colour and design. We certainly wear less black than all the other pop acts we can think of (and we can think of plenty). You shouldn't be that bothered anyway. What we wear is designed to be practical and/or entertain us, and we're far more interested in songs than fashion statements.

Apart from anything else, if we'd made fashion statements we'd probably have had the same short career as every other bunch of fashion victims. If anything, it would be sensible to deliberately avoid being fashionable anywhere, although we're not sure what that would look like, and we couldn't be bothered anyway. You have to remember that we live and work in different countries with very differing ideas of fashion, and we think global. White, for example, is a funereal colour in Japan and certain other Asian countries. Any attempt to make a fashion statement would be misinterpreted in nine tenths of the world. In nine tenths of Newcastle, it's a fashion felony to wear any kind of shirt at all, so I might as well settle for a skimpy little white number, or something in dayglo yellow. Nurse prefers Hawaiian.

A TV station or a magazine or a citizen with a particularly desperate agenda might insist on parsing statements that we're not actually making, exaggerating the importance of the occasional black sock, or reviewing clothes that we're not actually wearing; you don't have to make the same mistake.

If the songs are too difficult to concentrate on, or you're simply so sad that you have to draw substantive conclusions from what we wear, you should at least ignore those morons who need to discuss the kind of capes we wear. Because we've never worn any. The best thing would be to ignore us as well. Go find a band which is all about clothing. There are plenty of them.
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Eldritch wrote:...ignore those morons who need to discuss the kind of capes we wear. Because we've never worn any...
i think it's images like this that give people the "wrong" impression:

let's face it, a victorian frockcoat is almost as bad (if you call it "bad" - i know for most old sisters fans it's the pinnacle of fashion and a good frockcoat was something to be envied :oops: :lol:) as a cape...

and you can't deny he wields that frockcoat like a cape sometimes :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Frock coats you say? (looks around nervously) No idea what you're on about.

:innocent:
—Bertrand Russell
Lucian
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:he's disowned the "scene" several times, saying things along the lines of: (and i'm paraphrasing terribly here - they're really not direct quotes!!)

i dont understand why they have latched on to what we do

we wore black for 3 months and they've turned it into an entire scene

i dont see how what i do has in common with that

etc

there's probably even something on the sisters websites faqs about it ("faqs of the boring kind", probably)

and he frequently insults them from the stage - the last time i recall was during the mera luna gig earlier this year where he called them "clowns"

if it's for an essay though, you'd probably be better getting direct quotes. have a trawl through the official site, and then check out some of the last few years' interviews on youtube. it tends to crop up every other interview :lol:
Quiff it isn't for an essay though I almost had to write a 5 page paper on Chernobyl because of it. I wanted to know if he had directly said these things because I am putting it in a PowerPoint presentation and i was talking about the Gothic Rock genre and his views on it in one of my slides. Thanks for the help!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
And at Leamington Spa whilst the guitarists are faffing around he addressed us as "clowns,and non-clowns"
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise