A Merciful Release - 26/02/07

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
crash_and_burn
Road Kill

I have a question about all these re-releases - assuming that this box set is one as well. It seems like Fields of the Nephilim are in a similar situation as the Sisters, in that they don't endorse recent reissues of their stuff by Jungle Records (Genesis and Revelations). They've even asked their fans to boycott the product as they apparently don't get any benefit out of it whatsoever (do they mean no money, or bad publicity by having a subpar product out there?).

At any rate, even though AE has not openly endorsed any of this new-old stuff, he hasn't asked the fans to boycott the re-releases either (as far as I know). Does he get a percentage of sales for all of the reissues? I would think that he'd have to, and I guess that it depends on the contract.
Badlander
Overbomber

No idea. Von hasn't said anything at all about the reissues. :|
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I have sent my wish list to Santa as to what I want the 3 CDs to be. But back to reality however grim this is is my guess as to what they will actually be :-
CD1 - Some Girls Wander - possibly rejigged in chronological order
CD2 - All the singles, b-sides, legit releases that arent on CD1 or werent released as bonus tracks with the 3 albums. This will leave space for a couple of unreleased - Good Things, Wide Receiver and a couple of demoes
CD3 - Screw Shareholder Value - whether in the format we all know and are indifferent to, or with a massive amount of modification
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
mh
Above the Chemist

million voices wrote:I have sent my wish list to Santa as to what I want the 3 CDs to be. But back to reality however grim this is is my guess as to what they will actually be :-
CD1 - Some Girls Wander - possibly rejigged in chronological order
CD2 - All the singles, b-sides, legit releases that arent on CD1 or werent released as bonus tracks with the 3 albums. This will leave space for a couple of unreleased - Good Things, Wide Receiver and a couple of demoes
CD3 - Screw Shareholder Value - whether in the format we all know and are indifferent to, or with a massive amount of modification
I for one wouldn't complain too much if that was what we got. SSV would be a lovely joke on all parties involved.

Nice Hawkwind reference, too!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
aims
Overbomber

Some Girls + Gift + SSV?

That'd be awesome.
Badlander
Overbomber

Motz wrote:Some Girls + Gift + SSV?

That'd be awesome.
Frankly, can't say I'm so excited. I have the impression that with the lack of any kind of studio output, we tend not to be very demanding. :? :innocent:

And SSV is still crap. :von:
mh
Above the Chemist

Motz wrote:Some Girls + Gift + SSV?

That'd be awesome.
First rule is that we must have something in the line of an official release that hasn't been on CD before. SSV would be nice, but only as the joker in the pack.

SGWBM + ASCOOB (Redux '07) + Something else, I wouldn't really care so long as the gaps in the official discography were finally filled.

Which is what I'm 99% certain is what this thing will all be about. :D

Positive waves, maaaan!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
aims
Overbomber

I want my Gift reissue, dammit :(
James Blast
Banned

I would never buy anything, no matter how lavish the package, with SSV included. It's arse.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:I would never buy anything, no matter how lavish the package, with SSV included. It's arse.
What if it included a 30minute version of Neverland (Extended Long Version) :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dark
Underneath the Rock

SSV isn't bad. Even when people practice their poor remixing skills on the songs.. :innocent:
Stumpy Pete
Road Kill
Location: Eating a pile of Meat. But I came in to wash my Feet. Famous Potatoes!

James Blast wrote:I would never buy anything, no matter how lavish the package, with SSV included. It's arse.
That's what I thought too. But it groews on you a bit, like a musical fungus or something. Maybe a musical lichen. Either way, I used to hate it. I don't love it now, but I do think that in the right frame of mind, it's actually rather entertaining. Sort of like the inside of an MRI machine, only there's a consistent tempo.
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am
I like to eat brains from a can
The other day I ate some yams
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am!

I'm Stumpy Pete
So kiss my feet
They're made of wheat
I'm Stumpy Pete!
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:
What if it included a 30minute version of Neverland (Extended Long Version) :wink:
I would acquire a copy, somewhere... :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
Big Si wrote:
See, I knew you'd be tempted ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Big Si wrote: What if it included a 30minute version of Neverland (Extended Long Version) :wink:
I'll jist type Never Land (full length) and get me Uncle Fester coat... :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Agreed. SSV is plain useless.
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
Big Si wrote:
James Blast wrote:I would acquire a copy, somewhere... :innocent:
I'll jist type Never Land (full length) and get me Uncle Fester coat... :innocent:
That's a Lex Luther coat :wink: :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
deadagain
Banned

Gift has been reissued!

First cd issue was in 1989, pressed in Austria on Rough Trade RTD1331.684.1;

Second issue was also on Rough Trade, RTD1331684-2, pressed in Germany in 1993.

And isn't there supposed to be a version of the SSV album WITH drums? might make it a tad more listenable.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

Oh come on mh, just admit you've already been promoting this one. :lol:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
Badlander
Overbomber

kazamel wrote:Oh come on mh, just admit you've already been promoting this one. :lol:
Do you think it will be included in the upcoming 3CD boxset ? :eek: :innocent: :wink:
Karst
Slight Overbomber

I though the Sisterhood album was not part of the WEA catalogue? IMHO it probably is an expanded Greatest Hits collection with a DVD.
deadagain
Banned

Karst wrote:I though the Sisterhood album was not part of the WEA catalogue? IMHO it probably is an expanded Greatest Hits collection with a DVD.
As it was distributed by Rough Trade, then I presume not!
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
Scottish One
Road Kill

maybe it will be new sisters CD and DVD concert movie? Smile and be positive! :D
sultan2075
Overbomber

Scottish One wrote:maybe it will be new sisters CD and DVD concert movie? Smile and be positive! :D
I am positive it won't be. :D
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mh
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote:
Scottish One wrote:maybe it will be new sisters CD and DVD concert movie? Smile and be positive! :D
I am positive it won't be. :D
Me too, but I'm also positive it will be a nice package that will make us happy.

Less of those negative waves, people!