Mish Songs Ref. Sisterhood/Split

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I have to stand up for Mr. Lovelock re. his talents as a guitarist, he really did an oustanding job at the RAH Wake gig and the minimal solo on Heaven's Door still sends shivers. Lee's right tho, a lot of people (me included) jumped ship at the turgid Stay with Me.
I'm not going to comment on this, as I don't want to be told I have a problem with Wayyyyyne again. :wink:

But I'm still not impressed. :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

Aw c'mon Eric, the solo on Heaven's Door, please man. :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Okay, I'll give it another try, but only because it's you, James. :wink:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

thank you Dear :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was under the impression This corrosion was a big pop at Hussey.Didn't Yvonne say that it was about somebody and that most people would work out who,apart from the person it actually was about(Or words to that effect).
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
mh
Above the Chemist

"It's obviously aimed at someone, and it doesn't take a genius to work out who, although it'll probably take the person concerned some time."

Handbags at dawn!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe you'll find all the answers here
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

them catholics -as if coitus interruptus wasn't bad enuf -now it's childhood interruptus! :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

didn't somebody from the m*****n pinch claire from under andrew's nose?

nah, probably not :lol: :lol: :von:
Goths have feelings too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:didn't somebody from the m*****n pinch claire from under andrew's nose?

I thought they split up during the making of Walk Away (I'm sure I've read some interview with Gary where he said that).
mh
Above the Chemist

And I thought it was Josie and not Claire, who I thought was history well before that time.

As for the Huss - I'll actually stand by the music he wrote for Side 1 of FALAA. Superb stuff. It's just his lyrics, and later activities, that are pretty vile really.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:And I thought it was Josie and not Claire, who I thought was history well before that time.
I think that 9 While 9 is about Claire, who had (don't quote me on this) left Eldritch just before the recording of FALAA, whereas Driven Like the Snow is about Josie (who is a member of some band with the word 'pink' in their name, right?).
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Hussey's 12 string sound is very pretty. The whole of FALAA is fantastic, side A and B are different, but both marvelous. I also like later Míssion stuff, god's own medicine doesn't get half the play time that FALAA does, but the tower of strength compiltion is a testament to some fine songwriting. I also think Aura is decent album.

Anyway isn't is nice to listen to some lyrics and just know its about a blowjob, or some weird trip and not have to consult the textbooks? I'm not saying it makes for the best music, but it is the Anne Rice to Von's HP Lovecraft.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Yeah, I do appreciate some straight-forward music. No wonder I like the Dominion b-sides. :lol:
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:Yeah, I do appreciate some straight-forward music. No wonder I like the Dominion b-sides. :lol:
If you like straightforward lyrics try the first Suicide album
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Dark
Underneath the Rock

Way ahead of you. Had it on CD, and reissue LP for a year or two now. ;D
jay

Dark wrote:Way ahead of you. Had it on CD, and reissue LP for a year or two now. ;D
:notworthy:

Suicide lyrics = simple, effective and very rock n roll
m*****n lyrics =

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Dark wrote:
paint it black wrote:didn't somebody from the m*****n pinch claire from under andrew's nose?

I thought they split up during the making of Walk Away (I'm sure I've read some interview with Gary where he said that).
:notworthy: :notworthy:

you'll know best young dark :D

so the stories of mick brown must be lies :?
Goths have feelings too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Dark wrote:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

you'll know best young dark :D

so the stories of mick brown must be lies :?
Ah, found it, it was our own Heartland Interview:
HL) There’s a “story� that says that “Walk Away� was about you – did you know that? And if so, how did you feel about it?

GM) When we were making ‘First And Last And Always’ Andrew was effectively splitting with his long-term girlfriend and I was close to leaving the band. The two things led to a number of references in the lyrics which seemed to cover his farewells to us both. ‘Walk Away’ may or may not be about me, I don’t care because I don’t particularly like the song – the one lyric which always bugs me is the line from ‘Some Kind Of Stranger’ which says ‘..careful lingers undecided at the door’ which I definitely took as a shot at me.
So whether that's something, I don't know... never heard anything about Mick, but I could be wrong.. where'd you hear about it?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mick & claire live together these days... they have done for a while.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

nick the stripper wrote:
mh wrote:And I thought it was Josie and not Claire, who I thought was history well before that time.
I think that 9 While 9 is about Claire, who had (don't quote me on this) left Eldritch just before the recording of FALAA, whereas Driven Like the Snow is about Josie (who is a member of some band with the word 'pink' in their name, right?).
Vicious Pink and it was Josie Warden, if I remember correctly Von had a bit of a fisty cuffs with her sidekick Brian Moss. Got to say she did look good.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Please link me to that interview
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Maisey wrote:Please link me to that interview
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

see the top 4 "sticky" posts for the various HL interviews ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
jay

the-happening wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:
Vicious Pink and it was Josie Warden, if I remember correctly Von had a bit of a fisty cuffs with her sidekick Brian Moss. Got to say she did look good.
She did indeed...
http://viciouspink.info/

slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

And of course, who can forget that dreadful Christmas single by "The Metal Gurus" or did I just have a bad nightmare?