Maurice Gibb

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

This may fly in the face of the Nu' kids a bit, but i am a big Bee Gees fan and see them as one of the most relevent "songwriting" acts there have ever been. As such, this has really upset me. Strength to his family, very sad day.

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Some might say "Two Down, Two To Go!" - not me though - I have been a fan since the 70's - I adore "How Deep Is Your Love" - my sympathies to his family and friends and fans!

@Paddy - Bee Gees medely in the next "Smurphs" set?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...as a *huge* disco fan (sorry folks!!! ;)), I'm very upset by this news as well. Poor guy - and only 53. This SUCKS. :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

T'Bee Gees 'starred' in a rather surreal episode of the radio series of Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy...or at least a track of theirs was playing in the background**

I can never completely dislike them as a result...Strange But True...

I think, one way and another, that mebbe more of us here might have a little space in our hearts for 'em than we might care to admit to really...Part of the furniture, perhaps (if yer see what i mean)

So, yeah, sad...

** An episode with something to do with Body Debit cards - long story...Ford Prefect and Roostah were trying to get out of a niteclub completely populated by robots and constantly being sprayed to make the club smell of perspiration and hormones (yeah, Douglas Adams really DID have an imagination)...
Amused to death...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

It's a real TRAGEDY!
I hope he didn't die of Saturday Night FEVER.
Ah well, no-one can be STAYING ALIVE forever...

Sorry, with all due respect, but couldn't resist...

IZZY.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

LOL, Izzy - cute! ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ Lars :D - I think youll find it was Rooster and Zaphod Beeblebrox who were trapped in the robot disco - after the Body Debit card incident - this is of course from the "Radio" series and not in the books AFAIK :?

The Bee Gee's "Staying Alive" was being played backwards in the disco while Rooster and Zaphod had hot sweat sprayed at them!

Nice to see I not the only Douglas Adams fanatic on this Forum :von: :notworthy:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M