Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
picture of Andrew without glasses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #126  Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This photo is linked to the one featured from post 58 on this thread, as Angel Corpus Christi (Andrea Ross) was one of the big faces on the US indie scene in the 80s (as was her husband who took this photo).
Andrea and Our fearless leader! had other mutual friends, for example Alan Vega (with whom they both later recorded - separately), Ruth Polsky (who took the photo on post 58, the Detroit adult movies shot and the live picture in FALAA) and Howard Thompson, the English born youthful head of A + R at Elektra Records in the 80s (and the guy listed as "ht" in the photo in post 58 ).
ACC will be best known to UK HLers for "Me and my Beretta", the bonus track on her 1995 album which Mark Radcliffe played frequently on Radio One back in the day.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #127  Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes, as i recall they all originally linked back to a tribute page to Ruth, but it's been a very long time since i found it. I recall one with Vega though
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #128  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
This photo is linked to the one featured from post 58 on this thread, as Angel Corpus Christi (Andrea Ross) was one of the big faces on the US indie scene in the 80s (as was her husband who took this photo).
Andrea and Our fearless leader! had other mutual friends, for example Alan Vega (with whom they both later recorded - separately), Ruth Polsky (who took the photo on post 58, the Detroit adult movies shot and the live picture in FALAA) and Howard Thompson, the English born youthful head of A + R at Elektra Records in the 80s (and the guy listed as "ht" in the photo in post 58 ).
ACC will be best known to UK HLers for "Me and my Beretta", the bonus track on her 1995 album which Mark Radcliffe played frequently on Radio One back in the day.

Thanks a lot, very interesting. We are not worthy! The site I found the picture on contains some excellent photos of other artists too, I particularly like the ones of The Cure. Today's teenagers are terribly lucky to have Internet... fandom wasn't very easy in Central-Eastern Europe back in the 80s-90s...
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #129  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BeeBeeOh wrote:
The site I found the picture on contains some excellent photos of other artists too...

Was it this page: http://northforksound.blogspot.de/ ... Question
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #130  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
BeeBeeOh wrote:
The site I found the picture on contains some excellent photos of other artists too...

Almost! http://flickrhivemind.net/User/northforksound/Interesting
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #131  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BeeBeeOh wrote:
Being645 wrote:
BeeBeeOh wrote:

Oh, lovely!!! Thanks for the link ... We are not worthy! ...
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #132  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
BeeBeeOh wrote:

You are so welcome! Check this site too (although you may know it already), I found some amazing pictures there: http://fuckyeahsistersofmercy.tumblr.com/page/18
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #133  Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BeeBeeOh wrote:
Being645 wrote:
BeeBeeOh wrote:

You are so welcome! Check this site too (although you may know it already), I found some amazing pictures there: http://fuckyeahsistersofmercy.tumblr.com/page/18

Hihi, yes I know this page ... but it's very much improved since I last visited it ... Mr. Green We are not worthy! ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #134  Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BeeBeeOh wrote:
Being645 wrote:
BeeBeeOh wrote:

Some fantastic photos on that site which give the (deliberate ?) impression that Lemmy, Joey Ramone, The Psychedelic Furs, Our fearless leader! , Angel Corpus Christi (picutred wearing a couple of Sisters t-shirts BTW), John Lydon, Bjork and others all used to hang out together with Howard Thompson as the catalyst. Pity he couldn't persuade Our fearless leader! ,and Yellowman to work together - now that would have been interesting.
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #135  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a new one - at least to me

Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #136  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BeeBeeOh wrote:
This is a new one - at least to me

To me as well .... surely from 1991 ... Smile ... very pretty (*sigh ...), thank you for posting! ... We are not worthy! ...
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #137  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here some of 2009 I found a while a go. Dunno how to upload them though would like to share them -> enjoy sleeping Andy, dreaming about a series of stonking singles.............

http://www.myspace.com/khristiandark/photos/11207315#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A11207315%7D

rob
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #138  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading the On the Road with the Ramones book recently and noticed a picture of Joey without his sunglasses on. It was only then that I realised he is another one who is very, very rarely photographed with his eyes clearly visible. Somehow it seems more part of Andrew's image than Joey's.

Both of them also have striking heights It wasn't me...
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #139  Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erm...
LyanvisAberrant

PostPost #140  Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy/11708SistersofMercy.jpg

Try that one.
It's not without sunglasses but it's close... Twisted Evil
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #141  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

found this on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #142  Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that ^ Von???
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #143  Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:
Is that ^ Von???

Probably just Heisenberg.
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
jande

PostPost #144  Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:
Is that ^ Von???

No it's Bryan Cranston
pearson

PostPost #145  Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2005 in leeds ? Confused

----------------adam pearson------------------
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #146  Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes, it's Leeds 2005, famous Near Meth Experience, there's even that ugly fishnet shirt (undervest?).
Mr Alphabet
Road Kill

PostPost #147  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #148  Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEVER SEEN BEFORE.........

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #149  Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really a good picture ... We are not worthy! ...

Btw, what are those badges at his trousers?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #150  Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not a photo but recently came across this quote which seems to fit this thread ...

Whereas some rock stars put sunglasses on to avoid recognition, Andrew Eldritch used to take his off.

I visited him in Hamburg once, and for the first five minutes in his company I thought he was just a little helper guy from Warner Records. Only when the press officer said "Do you want to interview Andrew now?" and left me and the little feller alone in a room together did I twig. (Could have been very embarrassing, but I don't think he noticed, and I never let on.)

Those mirrored shades really made his face. Without them, he could walk right past you in Tesco (or German equivalent... Tedesco?) and you'd never know it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: