Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Latest Sisters purchase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #876  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think there exist a good low gen of Oxford, every copy I ever came across sounds a bit wonky
jost 7

PostPost #877  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Holy moly. The Sister Ray cover on this one is fantastic. Never REALLY liked it before but this pushed me over. Is there anyone here with the Oxford CFE 1984-05-18 gig in a more listenable format and willing to share? Wink

I'd also love to finally get a good sbd version.
The two tracks on the grief lp are much better then any full sbd tape transfer i have, and among my all time favs from early 84
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #878  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remind me, is this the one missing Emma?
Drsisters

PostPost #879  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:

All copys I've seen miss Emma...
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #880  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:

Sadly, yes.
jost 7

PostPost #881  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Sadly, yes.

Its on the audience version, but also nothing to listen to
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #882  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jost 7 wrote:
Zacharias wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Sadly, yes.

Its on the audience version, but also nothing to listen to

I generally don't mind audience recordings at all. I find it quite charming. At least when they manage to capture that special little thing.

Also I'm from a punk atmosphere so "lo-fi" sound quality isn't something that bothers me Laughing

If anyone has any kind of rips of soundboard or audience recordings it would make me happy if someone shared. Sadly I don't have anything to trade since my collection is all physical. Some day it would be great to have all bootlegs as mp3's but that for a later date...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #883  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
paint it black wrote:

i'm sure Phil will have it
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #884  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
Drsisters wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Not only does he have it, but with typical generosity he shared it via YouTube a wee while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kqIO4YANk We are not worthy!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #885  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Zacharias wrote:
Got this little fella in the mail today!
[img]

Wow ... We are not worthy! ... with your kind consent I shall use these cool pictures for an according SistersWiki page ... Question Very Happy ...

You are of course welcome to do so, mighty wiki lord We are not worthy!

Also, feel free to crop the image etc.

... Laughing ... cool. An additional picture of the track list inside were perfect, though ... Smile ...

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
paint it black wrote:
Drsisters wrote:
paint it black wrote:

Not only does he have it, but with typical generosity he shared it via YouTube a wee while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kqIO4YANk We are not worthy!

Wonderful ... Very Happy We are not worthy! ... so I can integrate that in the page to be as well ... Very Happy ... Thanks to Phil !!! ... Very Happy ...
Cedarjet
Road Kill

PostPost #886  Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Feel No Pain - The SSV Project" as a vinyl picture disc...
I already had the CD, and now bought the record on discogs. Depending on my mood, I actually enjoy it. If Our fearless leader! had the intention of producing the worst record of all times for his friends at Time Warner, he failed. Itīs not that bad, and even has some (though few) good moments.
Anyway, the successor, the announced if-Trump-becomes-president-album should be ready for release now, right? Mr. Green
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #887  Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... Laughing ... yeah, there's been enough monkey see, monkey do for more than an EP by now ... Laughing ...

@Zacharias & Nik
done that page now, without a picture from the inlay inside, but with the wonderful video thanks to SpiggyTapes.
https://sisterswiki.org/Oxford_CFE_18-05-84
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #888  Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:

If anyone has any kind of rips of soundboard or audience recordings it would make me happy if someone shared. Sadly I don't have anything to trade since my collection is all physical. Some day it would be great to have all bootlegs as mp3's but that for a later date...

cd's rip easily to .mp3 (yuck) and as easily to .FLAC (yummy!)....and if you havent digitised your cassete collection (not too hard to do) there are perfeshionals happy to do it for you here in our very own Heartland! Our fearless leader!
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #889  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

cd's rip easily to .mp3 (yuck) and as easily to .FLAC (yummy!)....and if you havent digitised your cassete collection (not too hard to do) there are perfeshionals happy to do it for you here in our very own Heartland! Our fearless leader!

Yeah, I used to rip a lot of CDs, vinyls and cassettes years ago. Now I don't have a decent enough computer or the time to do it :-/
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #890  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh! And I found a that Baktabak interview on CD the other day for a steal so had to buy it. The guy wouldn't sell it if I didn't buy the "a tribute to sisters" CD (bleeeuurghh) and Gift as well in a bundle. Since it was no money at all I just bought 'em all (£5). To my surprise when I got home the Gift CD was not the same pressing I already had and was not on Discogs or THE Wiki either. It's missing the "made in Austria" part on the back. Most probably nothing rare at all but here it is anyway for all you completionists out there: https://www.discogs.com/release/10642771
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #891  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Oh! And I found a that Baktabak interview on CD the other day for a steal so had to buy it. The guy wouldn't sell it if I didn't buy the "a tribute to sisters" CD (bleeeuurghh) and Gift as well in a bundle. Since it was no money at all I just bought 'em all (£5). To my surprise when I got home the Gift CD was not the same pressing I already had and was not on Discogs or THE Wiki either. It's missing the "made in Austria" part on the back. Most probably nothing rare at all but here it is anyway for all you completionists out there: https://www.discogs.com/release/10642771

Hihi ... lucky you ... Very Happy ... now it is at least linked ... Wink ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #892  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:

What does the Matrix say?

Matrix / Runout: SIS-020-CD-1 3 B2 Mastered By DADC Austria
? ? ?
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #893  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

What does the Matrix say?

Matrix / Runout: SIS-020-CD-1 3 B2 Mastered By DADC Austria
? ? ?

It says SIS-020-CD-1 3 C5 Mastered by DADC Austria
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #894  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A friend gave me a gift a month ago but haven't had time to open it until a couple of days ago. Turns out it was Sisters related Our fearless leader!

The review is already translated on the Wiki (https://sisterswiki.org/Fri,_17-May-1985) but I'll post this image anyway.

SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #895  Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was gifted an original Sisters pin badge as a Get Well pressie. Far better than a bunch of flowers.

I'm made up (Scouse for delighted) because I have no idea what happened to my original badge or the necklace.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #896  Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eventually found one ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... and at a very reasonable price ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...
Zacharias
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #897  Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:

Eventually found one ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... and at a very reasonable price ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...

I can totally relate to the "shut the f**k up" part. I hope it works on people around you! Laughing
I have however never liked that logo. Ughh. That needs a separate thread actually...
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #898  Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Being645 wrote:

I can totally relate to the "shut the f**k up" part. I hope it works on people around you! Laughing
I have however never liked that logo. Ughh. That needs a separate thread actually...

Maybe the back explains it all ... Sisters On The Howling Edge ... Laughing Cool ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #899  Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:

Without checking I don't know if I sold my copy on ebay or not Embarassed
There was a hooded version as well, which I believe I still have.

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #900  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ribbons69 wrote:
Being645 wrote:

Without checking I don't know if I sold my copy on ebay or not Embarassed
There was a hooded version as well, which I believe I still have.

Hihi ... it is in fact your picture, but not your shirt ... Very Happy ... do you know what year it was distributed? 2003? 2006? Or 2008? I think during an US-Tour ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: