Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Something Fast, Detonation Boulevard, Temple of Love

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Something Fast, Detonation Boulevard, Temple of Love Reply with quote Back to top

so...
anyone know what these songs are about?

It wasn't me... Smile
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always thought of 'Something Fast' as a song for for old junkies... That's 'Sergels torg' for the swedes amongst us Surprised
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought Something Fast was sung from the female perspecitve.
The need for a relationship at any cost rather than being alone.
TOL - anybody's guess. There are a lot of standard early Eldritch themes, rejection, unhappy love affair, drugs (a shot for the pain inside).
There seems to be a jilted or unrequited lover involved. He is the one that will throw their walls aside.
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i see Smile
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Horizon wrote:
Something Fast is about a man with a lot of stress problems. Therefore he needs to find a one night stand prostitute to cure his head and hitch-hike out of town. I think anyway. The shagging prostitues thing is right though. Detonation Boulevard is about Eldritch's ego and career success. I think.

Erudite wrote:
I always thought Something Fast was sung from the female perspecitve.
The need for a relationship at any cost rather than being alone.

I just like the sound of it, but those make sense.
zigeunerweisen

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deonation Boulevard - Isn't it about polution, raping nature and people being mean to each other or something?
zigeunerweisen

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TOL - Well, you have love, and it's always over in the morning, and things became very depressing and dark.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What, drug references in Sisters songs? Surprised

Laughing
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CellThree wrote:
What, drug references in Sisters songs? Surprised

It happens to all bands sooner or later Laughing
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zigeunerweisen wrote:
Deonation Boulevard - Isn't it about polution, raping nature and people being mean to each other or something?

I think it's about a trip to Mexico, a trip that includes a 'borrowed' car, some crystal meth, maybe a little mescal, and a strange revelation.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Green Lantern wrote:
zigeunerweisen wrote:

I think it's about a trip to Mexico, a trip that includes a 'borrowed' car, some crystal meth, maybe a little mescal, and a strange revelation.

Very Fear & Losthing in other words
(which we know he's read because of Adrenochrome).
Andy TG
Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought "Detonation Boulevard" was about "Americans" - but I could be wrong!

IMHO - Something Fast is about a person who really needs to escape their life at that point and does bot care Who When Where or How as long as its soon as possible!

TOL - IMHO is about "VON" getting F***ED over by a woman (women) again! - whilst Very Very Drunk (guardian angel walks away)

So "Your Flavour Of The Month" This Week Are You?

Andrew Eldritch IS Herr Flick Of The Gestapo in Allo Alllo!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Something Fast, Detonation Boulevard, Temple of Love Reply with quote Back to top

EricSweden wrote:
so...
anyone know what these songs are about?

It wasn't me... Smile

cars and guns and accidents, or maybe just maybe - speed and cars and above all, SPEED Wink

Finally found out who Christopher Marlowe is. After all these years Our fearless leader!
zigeunerweisen

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Green Lantern wrote:
zigeunerweisen wrote:

I like yours better Cool
Rabbit
Road Kill

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thought detonation boulevard was just a big allegory for ....

computers.. because of all that damned sybolism or whatever crap that makes it like that. A really, really well written way to make an allegory of computers and that internet s**t.

someone please tell me im wrong. Id love the song so much more then.

i wouldnt want to think that my favorite rockstar who writes all this stuff is just pulling it out of his ass and none of his lyrics are related to anything real. Or whether he just intellectualizes all those great lyrics and songs up, and its just a load of s**t.

im done with my rant. because that would ruin this music for me
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iwas under the impression that "something fast" was a drugs(speed)/human nature v. religion thing.

"God knows everybody needs a hand in their decision"
-or:religion thinks it has all the answers to the human condition
"some of us are not so sure"
-self-explanatory
"i seen his own [hand] held out on television"
-or:the hand of his followers,asking for money;common enough in the states (baltimore)
"gimme something fast"
-or gimme some speed,at least i know where i am with that,its reliable and its on my terms-"the fast stuff" or simply"fast" is a euphemism for speed/whizz (down our way)

i'ld just like to say that while the lyrics forum is obviously a)popular and b)a valid literary pursuit for the "lifeless" amongst us;i dont post here very often as we all seem to have our own very personal interpretations of vons lyrics (outside/alongside the commonly accepted/offered interpretations)...which is probably why we're all such devoted fans/anoraks/saddos and on HL to start with!
distanceovertime
Road Kill

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
iwas under the impression that "something fast" was a drugs(speed)/human nature v. religion thing.

"God knows everybody needs a hand in their decision"
-or:religion thinks it has all the answers to the human condition
"some of us are not so sure"
-self-explanatory
"i seen his own [hand] held out on television"
-or:the hand of his followers,asking for money;common enough in the states (baltimore)
"gimme something fast"
-or gimme some speed,at least i know where i am with that,its reliable and its on my terms-"the fast stuff" or simply"fast" is a euphemism for speed/whizz (down our way)

i'ld just like to say that while the lyrics forum is obviously a)popular and b)a valid literary pursuit for the "lifeless" amongst us;i dont post here very often as we all seem to have our own very personal interpretations of vons lyrics (outside/alongside the commonly accepted/offered interpretations)...which is probably why we're all such devoted fans/anoraks/saddos and on HL to start with!

Good one We are not worthy!
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

damn this is an old topic... april 2003
hehe Wink
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thread necro... I've only just realised Detonation Boulevard quotes Chuck Berry Embarassed Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: