Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Washington, 9:30 Club, pre-gig thread (5 November 2008)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Washington, 9:30 Club, pre-gig thread (5 November 2008) Reply with quote Back to top

No need to pour through hundreds of posts in the tour thread for a specific gig. We have a Philadelphia thread, and here now is one for Washington. Very Happy I can update this post with names of HlLers planning on attending. I know if about five so far, but I will wait for confirmation beofre adding them. Any meet up plans can be added too. Hang out in the hospial waiting room down the steet?

I hardly can wait to create a new index for tour threads. Mr. Green

Who is planning on going:
Petseri (+2 so far)
shiver (+2)

Last edited by Petseri on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Psssst...can we have a New York thread too? There's at least a couple of people going to that. We are not worthy!
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Psssst...can we have a New York thread too? There's at least a couple of people going to that. We are not worthy!
Do you need someone to show you how to post a new thread? It wasn't me...

Sure. Fire away with new threads. I am not that anal that I need to start each of them. Mr. Green

For future reference sake, I would keep pre-gig and post-gig comments in separate threads so that we can find out set lists and other news easier, but I am not going to lose sleep if that does not happen.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when 2008 US and A section start ?
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
when 2008 US and A section start ?
I was wondering that too. The Boss makes that call, but I suspect that a tour of this size probably warrants its own area.
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:

Just scroll down in Sisters Chat and you'll find her...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17278

I'm off topic in the Washington gig thread of the USA tour but if the Boss does read this....Sisters Chat is a mess!!! We need to have a new section with the gigs of this year 2008 including the short Europe part of the show...those threads are long lost and should be bundled up together as it was part of this year's gigging!

And people who know how it goes in this section should stick to the rules of not going off topic in these threads as it's havoc to read at times! Shame on you ... you know who you are!

Just my thoughts so please read this post and all those HL'ers going to Washington have an amazing time and please your reviews and photographs and the what not you want us to know please share!

MB
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MadameButterfly wrote:
I'm off topic in the Washington gig thread of the USA tour

<snip>

people who know how it goes in this section should stick to the rules of not going off topic in these threads as it's havoc to read at times! Shame on you ... you know who you are!
It wasn't me...

I hvave asked QB. I would like to have a separate area for the tour threads, but that is up to him. We probably will find out in the near future.
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Petseri wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
I'm off topic in the Washington gig thread of the USA tour

<snip>

people who know how it goes in this section should stick to the rules of not going off topic in these threads as it's havoc to read at times! Shame on you ... you know who you are!
It wasn't me...

I hvave asked QB. I would like to have a separate area for the tour threads, but that is up to him. We probably will find out in the near future.

Don't <snip> me! That's going to cost you! Wink
Well if you've asked as a Mod I'm sure QB will work a plan...the only thing is does he have the time and energy to do it by himself? If he mades that nice shiny section for said tour threads please don't forget the threads where our lot were over the moon in....those were good threads and belong in there. Time will tell.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #9  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i may make philly again
- Otto von Bismarck
shiver
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be at the Washington gig, dragging along the misses + 1.
shiver
Road Kill

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saw Nick Cave at the 9.30 club on Monday... The sound was shockingly bad... I hope the sissies sound guy/gal does a better job.

Other than the sound, St. Nick was fuckin' amazing.
doctoravalanche

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.facebook.com/mtroniclabel
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eggi and I are going to be there... hehe... Cool Looking forward to meeting old and new faces. Glad you're going to show up too, Martin. Wink

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
originalgoth

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the great reviews of last nights gig, tonight is going to be a great one as well, I guess Our fearless leader! will be talking about Obama moving in to The White House in January & stuff like that.
I wonder if he'll mention anything about it also being Guy Fawkes night in England tonight as well ?

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
The Drowning Season
Road Kill

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be headed down to the show tonight. Couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go with me, but I'm sure I'll see familiar faces in the crowd. BTW, if anyone is looking for me, I'll be the one wearing all black. Sure it's an old joke, but funny nonetheless.
bismarck

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

originalgoth wrote:
I wonder if he'll mention anything about it also being Guy Fawkes night in England tonight as well ?

Probably they'll just play Burn and leave it at that...
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, is it make any sense to play any concert if barack already won Laughing
Petseri
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe odd adding this after the gig, but I ead yesterday that tickets bought on Wednesday morning (the day of the gig) were avilable on a buy-one-get-one-free basis. Not a real good sign, although a nice gesture to those who were able to take advantage..

Some people ordered theirs that way, even though the booking process still charged them for two tickets initially. Something will get straightened out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: